Westheimer Square Apartments At 2001 Westheimer Rd.

sidegate

A substantial area has been cleared on the south side of Westheimer just east of Shepherd and just west of the antiques place. I guess it was where the Shops on Westheimer used to be. Does anyone know what's going up there? Looks like they are working on the actuall road surface as well - maybe an upgrade to the sewage system? Does this portend a large residential project?

Edit: Is this officially Montrose? Wasn't sure....

There used to be apartments there that were pretty popular in the 70's. There are a couple of folks at work who said they lived there when they moved to Houston in the early 80's. I am not surewhat's going in there, though.

The old apartments are being replace with new apartments in the newly typical form of 2 levels of parking (base) and 4 levels of apartments. I think the surface road improvements are due to the increased auto traffic expected. If I remember correctly, I thought this new complex was trying to get a backdoor entry way via the neighborhood behind but the residents fought it so the garage entrance will face Westheimer. That should make that area's traffic much worse sense so many people use the Randalls' center and Exxon station to make illegal turns since you can't make lefts off of Westheimer or Shepherd.

• 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Westheimer Rd. Just East Of Shepherd Dr.
  • The title was changed to Westheimer Square Apartments At 2001 Westheimer Rd.

Archived