Your most memorable scary movie scenes

KimberlySayWhat

A scary movie topic on Halloween. How original!

For me, it's forever been the scene from "Poltergeist" where the guy pulls his face off. It scared me then and it scares me still, even though it looks so fake now. I always hid my face during this scene when I was little:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8bLghDtko

My other one is an unconventional one, because it isn't from a horror film. It's the scene in "Stand By Me" where the boys find the dead kid's body in the woods. There is something about the look of that dead kid that chills me. I will not watch that movie because of that scene alone. I won't even search for a clip of it.

Let's hear them.

That scene in "Awakening of the Beast" (a Coffin Joe movie) where the stripper poops in front of the group of stoned men. I'll never forget that, unless I dreamed it.

When the chest burster popped out of Kane in "Alien". I saw that in the theater. It was the first R-rated film I saw. Very memorable.

The scene in "Anguish" where Zelda Rubenstein (the medium from "Poltergeist") feeds Academy Award winner Michael Lerner bananas in milk while showing him a hypno-spiral and chanting "The eyes of the city are mine!" to induce his eyeball collecting spree. That was one of the greatest moments in cinema.

The scene from Manhunter, aka Red Dragon where the killer sets the reporter on fire and rolls him down the ramp of a poorly lit parking garage. That poor parking garage attendant. Also the scene from Marathon Man where Laurence Olivier is drilling on Dustin Hoffmans undeadened teeth and asking "Is it safe?" And finally, everything from Hostel scared the candy corn out of me. :o .

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

When it was big at the theater around 1974-75. Some people did run out of the theater either sick or shocked! I saw it about a year ago and still cannot take it all in. The sound effects were very bizarre. It mostly freaked me out because we used to go into old abandoned houses when going to or coming from the country like to Austin. The scene where the blond girl is running from that freak being chased at night into the thick brush and ends up in that really f..d up house full of more freaks. :mellow:

Even the next day as I awoke I heard an electric saw from down the street but it was just an old neighbor trimming his hedges, not me. I don't feel so well now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Texas_Chain_Saw_Massacre

sjff_01_img0487.jpg

I think it's interesting that "Poltergeist" pops up in so many peoples' favorites, but everyone lists a different scene. It's the skeletons in the pool scene, the clown scene, face peeling scene, tree scene, monster in the hall scene. There are so many memorable scenes from that movie. Part 2 has its share as well: Craig T. Nelsen vomiting up the giant worm, the braces scene, the scary old man.

lockmat:

What was the name of that stupid Stephen King movie w/ the clown in it? As a kid, that freaked me out when he was in some stamp and came out of it. Yikes.

That was "IT" and he came out of a book.

Most any scene from The Haunting. NO, not that piece of crap from 1999, I'm talking about the classic 1963 black-and-white masterpiece starring Julie Harris and Claire Bloom.

The scene with the giant oak door buckling like it was made of rubber is fantastic, but the best one are the voices Nell hears as the shapes on her headboard appear as faces.

"Whose hand was I holding???"

Son of a MUTHER!

Can't believe I haven't seen any of those movies.Oh, I forgot one ... The Shining. That SK movie freaked me out. Jack Nicholson was so great in it.
The Shining? Maybe I saw that at too old of an age; about three or four years ago. It was horrible. I kept waiting for the supposidly scary parts, and they never came. The movie ended and I was just like, uh, ok?
That was "IT" and he came out of a book.
Oh yeah, that's right. Freaky stuff.

What was the name of that stupid Stephen King movie w/ the clown in it? As a kid, that freaked me out when he was in some stamp and came out of it. Yikes.

"IT", and just reading the book scared me. :o

The troll from Ernest Scared Stupid is the ugliest thing ever.

Yeesh. :(

After glimpsing it for the first time, I went into Helen Keller mode for the rest of the movie. Except of course, the part when my dad convinced me to open my eyes and it happened to be just when the girl looks under her bed and there the bastard is, waiting to turn her into a creepy wooden kid statue. I'm so glad Ernest kicked his a$s.

The troll from Ernest Scared Stupid is the ugliest thing ever.

Yeesh. :(

After glimpsing it for the first time, I went into Helen Keller mode for the rest of the movie. Except of course, the part when my dad convinced me to open my eyes and it happened to be just when the girl looks under her bed and there the bastard is, waiting to turn her into a creepy wooden kid statue. I'm so glad Ernest kicked his a$s.

Just imaginig that freaks me out, I always hated leprechan's and troll's. Which reminds me that Leprechan movie was just too WEIRD.

and yes that clown from IT was Tim Curry a somewhat of a bizarre chap indeed. He sure looks PO'd! Yikes!

clown1.jpg

Most any scene from The Haunting. NO, not that piece of crap from 1999, I'm talking about the classic 1963 black-and-white masterpiece starring Julie Harris and Claire Bloom.

The scene with the giant oak door buckling like it was made of rubber is fantastic, but the best one are the voices Nell hears as the shapes on her headboard appear as faces.

"Whose hand was I holding???"

Son of a MUTHER!

That movie was on just the other day. I had to watch it again for the umpteenth time. Its funny how it scares us so much without a bit of blood, guts or gore. Its one my fav movies of all time including Burn Witch Burn, Todd Brownings Freaks, Tormented and Black Sunday..the one with Barbara Steel from 1960.

lockmat:

The Shining? Maybe I saw that at too old of an age; about three or four years ago. It was horrible. I kept waiting for the supposidly scary parts, and they never came. The movie ended and I was just like, uh, ok?

I think the glimpse of the person dressed up in a bear costume is really scary for some reason.

Archived