My fiance and I are searching for good crepes. Any good crepes will do, but my fantasy is to find a place that serves them with ice cream and other goodies wrapped up like a cone. I had that at a little shop in the Japantown mall in San Francisco and it has haunted me ever since. I'd settle for just a decent crepe, though.

We tried Coco's on Gray, but those were gummy and undercooked. Surely there must be a good crepe place in Houston.

Yeah Coco's at midtown square is really good. I had some sort of Moroccan style crepe there and it was really tasty. I have a friend who swears their crepes are better than any of the places in Montreal. Montreal is a french speaking city so you would expect they would have good crepes.

Cafe Montrose

I've been wanting to try that.

I've heard Coco's is pretty good. I saw a review of them in Houston Press awhile back and made a note to 'self to drop by (never happened).

Let me know if you go, will want to know if it's worth leaving the 'burbs for.

Not worth leaving the 'burbs for.

Yeah Coco's at midtown square is really good. I had some sort of Moroccan style crepe there and it was really tasty. I have a friend who swears their crepes are better than any of the places in Montreal. Montreal is a french speaking city so you would expect they would have good crepes.

I've had crepes in Montreal and Paris. Coco's crepes were crap, at least the only time I visited.

Well I dunno, mine was pretty good, although I never had a moroccan style crepe in Montreal so it's hard to compare.

I went to Cafe Montrose once and it was too expensive for my budget. :( I bet it was good though.

Coco's is ok. agree their meat crepes are soggy, but i enjoy the dessert crepes.

I had a dessert crepe. It was soggy. The crepe was the color of crepe batter, not cooked all the way. Maybe I went on a bad night?

we just tried this place in south austin called flip happy crepes, really amazing. definitely check it out if your in the austin area.

That looks yummy.

I had a dessert crepe. It was soggy. The crepe was the color of crepe batter, not cooked all the way. Maybe I went on a bad night?

That looks yummy.

no, Coco's are generally soggy. though it probably varies depending on who makes it, so i would give it another shot.

for flip happy, the smoked salmon is unbelievable if you ever go.

Cafe Montrose

All praise to ToolMan! I've known about that place since it opened, but other experiences with Belgian cuisine kept me away from it. My fiance and I stopped by for dessert tonight and the crepes were very good. We're going back for a full dinner soon.

And now, for no good reason, the main tourist attraction of Brussels. Paris may have the Eiffel Tower, but Brussels has:

Manneken_Pis_(crop).jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I ate at Coco's yesterday for the first time and ordered three crepes -- I had a savory crepe with chicken, mushrooms, mozzarella, and spinach; he had a breakfast crepe with smoked salmon and caramelized onion, and we split a dessert crepe almondine filled with nutella and sliced almonds. All three were quite good, not undercooked, and not gummy. I'd rank them a little below what I've had in Paris but as good as some I've had in Montr