Missouri City's New Logo And Slogan

sevfiv

City Council approved the new branding campaign with the slogan "the Show Me City" unabashedly taken from the state of Missouri's slogan, and a new logo.

City Council members praised the new slogan as confident and catchy, and said it offers opportunities to show the outside world that Missouri City is a desirable address with plenty of room for residential and business development.

"Show me you like it!" Mayor Allen Owen said just before a unanimous vote of approval for the branding makeover.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/for...ws/5217117.html

http://www.khou.com/news/local/fortbend/st....178d79c05.html

also in the Chron article was a note about the city wanting to stop health insurance payments for retirees with at least 10 years of service:

In other action, city officials said they are considering ending the practice of paying health insurance premiums for employees who retire at age 65 with at least 10 years of service.

While only about 10 city retirees now enjoy this perk, City Manager Frank Simpson said the cost will balloon in the future as the city work force grows and baby boomer employees retire.

117qxi8.jpg

City Council approved the new branding campaign with the slogan "the Show Me City" unabashedly taken from the state of Missouri's slogan, and a new logo.

also in the Chron article was a note about the city wanting to stop health insurance payments for retirees with at least 10 years of service:

But, hey, they have a new slogan and logo, so everything's cool.

:rolleyes:

I always liked "Misery City"

That is cute. "Mo City" is another popular one.

The "Show Me City"...as in, show me your wallet and car keys? :huh:

It looks like maybe they're trying to nip a possibly undeserved growing bad reputation in the bud with the PR campaign.

That is cute. "Mo City" is another popular one.

The "Show Me City"...as in, show me your wallet and car keys? :huh:

It looks like maybe they're trying to nip a possibly undeserved growing bad reputation in the bud with the PR campaign.

I think Missouri City does have a bad reputation. I'm not sure why though, the crime is actually VERY low. Way lower than national and state numbers and I think it may even be lower than Sugar Land's. I do like the logo, not sure about the slogan.

I think Missouri City does have a bad reputation. I'm not sure why though, the crime is actually VERY low. Way lower than national and state numbers and I think it may even be lower than Sugar Land's. I do like the logo, not sure about the slogan.

compared to what it once was, it's fallen seriously on hard times. when i lived there in the mid-80's, the cops drove around in volvos.

I believe the NE portion may be declining, while the southern portion is still suburban.

The NE portion (Fondren) has been in decline because of the mismanagement of the city itself, which has been accused of bias towards Highway 6. The Fondren portion lost its Kroger store a year or two ago for instance, and one of the city council members just got voted out of office.

• The title was changed to Missouri City's New Logo And Slogan

Archived