Hurricane Humberto

Porchman

Tropical Storm Humberto heading toward Gulf coast

A tropical storm is expected to hit the upper Texas coast and forecasters say parts of the region could receive 10 inches or more of rain by tomorrow.

The tropical depression became a storm named Humberto around 12:40 today. It was centered about 55 miles southwest of Galveston, according to the National Weather Service.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5128029.html

Jax, I agree, it is quite amazing how quickly this developed!

I've been watching this clump of storms form and dry up for days...had a feeling it'd finally get organized.

Amazing that it developed enough today to form a TS, and possibly a cat 1 before it will make landfall. However, it looks like it just made a jog east and may actually leave a good bit of Houston dry (knock on wood!)

i like how the sun came out about 7pm or so. the green on the radar makes it look so much bigger but it is only partly cloudy in the gulfgate area currently.

Oops, I forgot to turn off the ground clutter, we had a pretty salmon colored sky over here when the sun came out.

I'm out outraged that they're using a HISPANIC name, I mean this really is proof that american culture is being put on the back burner by NOAA. They must be part of the conspiracy!

Is that a black helicopter I see outside? :unsure:

I know you're being sarcastic BUT I KNEW THIS WOULD COME UP!

I'm out outraged that they're using a HISPANIC name, I mean this really is proof that american culture is being put on the back burner by NOAA. They must be part of the conspiracy!

Is that a black helicopter I see outside? :unsure:

I can't tell. My tinfoil hat fell over my eyes. I agree that we should boycott the National Hurricane Center. From now on, I will not recognize any hurricane that hits my house with a hispanic name. :angry:

Archived