Jefe Bar Is Gone

We gave the owner of the Crazy Horse Cantina or El Jefe or whatever he called it, a lot of grief when the building looked like a dump. I noticed yesterday that the building was remodeled and looked very well done. I guess we should also give credit when it's due.

The styrofoam architectural features, covered in stucco, have always annoyed the hell out of me. Whenever you look at the structure, you know that it is styrofoam underneath. It is a faux building.

That being said, this is a huge improvement over what was there before. And, other than me and a few others who watched the remodeling, no one will know it is styrofoam underneath. So, yes, kudos are in order to the building owners for cleaning up that eyesore, just in time for the World Series. ;)

The styrofoam architectural features, covered in stucco, have always annoyed the hell out of me. Whenever you look at the structure, you know that it is styrofoam underneath. It is a faux building.

That being said, this is a huge improvement over what was there before. And, other than me and a few others who watched the remodeling, no one will know it is styrofoam underneath. So, yes, kudos are in order to the building owners for cleaning up that eyesore, just in time for the World Series. ;)

I agree with the styrofoam bullcrap. Just like Disney Land. David Weekly is doing the same thing in my neighborhood. Teardown the 1950-60s houses and but up these crappy houses built with made-up studs, OSB, fake stone and Styrofoam dodads. Then they put a $1MM pricetag on it AND IDIOTS BUY THEM. Jeez

I agree with the styrofoam bullcrap. Just like Disney Land. David Weekly is doing the same thing in my neighborhood. Teardown the 1950-60s houses and but up these crappy houses built with made-up studs, OSB, fake stone and Styrofoam dodads. Then they put a $1MM pricetag on it AND IDIOTS BUY THEM. Jeez

ick - in what neighborhood/part of town do you reside?

• 2 weeks later...
So, yes, kudos are in order to the building owners for cleaning up that eyesore, just in time for the World Series. ;)

(merged topics)

Exactly.

This was probably the most prominantly featured building in all the TV coverage of the huge Astros rally downtown last night. You hardly notice the styrofoam when it's being viewed from a helicopter. ;)

Did they do a quality restoration? No. Is it a huge improvement? Yes. Also bear in mind that a good number of people who see this building on a typical weekend are looking through their beer goggles, late at night.

Great point. Plus, all the multi-colored neon and strobing lights give all the buildings at that intersection a pretty funky look. I can't wait to see what all the city is going to do to highlight "the event". I already have received word that the COH is planning on closing off Avenida de las Americas so that they can have an "NFL Experience/Main Event" type of function. I assume they'll do similar things for Main Street and Texas Avenue.

Great point. Plus, all the multi-colored neon and strobing lights give all the buildings at that intersection a pretty funky look. I can't wait to see what all the city is going to do to highlight "the event". I already have received word that the COH is planning on closing off Avenida de las Americas so that they can have an "NFL Experience/Main Event" type of function. I assume they'll do similar things for Main Street and Texas Avenue.

Channel 13 reported tonight that they will set up huge TVs in Market Square for Game Watching. The crowds are getting too big and too close to the METRO Rail and officials were getting nervous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived