Viva Center: Mixed-Use Tech-Hub At 11445 Compaq Center West Dr.

mrfootball

I know at one time they were offered up to NHMCCD/Lonestar College.

The district looked at them and decided the remodeling cost would be very high. Later, I was told the HP made the same offer to U of H.

Now a U of H campus satelite in northwest Houston area would be a great idea. I wonder what happened?

what happened is PVAMU got their panties in a bunch because they claim that is their turf!

That's the absurdity of it all.

I agree 100%....and in another thread about higher ed someone just ask where is the leadership from the UH area....sadly most of them are carrying the water for PVAMU and trying to get it a med school or other programs while reigning in the growth and advancement of UH....while ignoring UH and pretending that TSU does not even exist....which it probably shouldn't exist at this point

State Rep. Garnett Coleman (lives near UH) is PVAMU's #1 supporter.

The old Third Ward Ain't for sell Guard including Shelia Jackson Lee (husband works for UH) needs to be changed. They fully support expanding PV's mediocrity

But business, students and alums are starting to get behind UH. The tide is chaning.

Edited by MidtownCoog

State Rep. Garnett Coleman (lives near UH) is PVAMU's #1 supporter.

The old Third Ward Ain't for sell Guard including Shelia Jackson Lee (husband works for UH) needs to be changed. They fully support expanding PV's mediocrity

But business, students and alums are starting to get behind UH. The tide is chaning.

over on the coogs scout site most feel that her husband needs to be dumped ASAP.....because he has been around too long and is from the days when nothing got done and higher education is the kind of enviornment where if you are sitting still in the same position for over 5-7 years you are probably just riding the pine and getting nothing done in most cases....or you are making huge things happen all the time and getting paid more and more to stay because you are getting it done......her husband is not getting it done in 99% of their opinions...and he needs to go

and shelia jackson lee and coleman are both 100% idiots

That's my opinion of him as well. I remember seeing him all the time at Kim Son in the Moody Towers.

He looks likey your typical fat cat State of Texas employee.

UH at HP would have been a perfect fit. Maybe they should have tried the UHCL route. It would have been a nice with the the community college down the street (for transfers).

That's my opinion of him as well. I remember seeing him all the time at Kim Son in the Moody Towers.

He looks likey your typical fat cat State of Texas employee.

UH at HP would have been a perfect fit. Maybe they should have tried the UHCL route. It would have been a nice with the the community college down the street (for transfers).

Agreed, it would've been a good fit and a huge success for them as well as another nice asset to the area.

So back to the question.

Who's going in there now?

• The title was changed to HP Campus Redevelopment Has Begun
  • 7 months later...

Houston Chronicle and others reported this story....

"Mexcor International, a Houston-based global distributor of liquors from all over the globe, snagged the property at 11445 Compaq Center West Drive in a deal that closed March 24 for an undisclosed price."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Liquor-distributor-has-big-plans-for-former-HPE-17049306.php

• Like 2

• The title was changed to HP Campus On Hwy. 249 Redevelopment
  • The title was changed to Viva Center: Mixed-Use Tech-Hub At 11445 Compaq Center West Dr.

Former HPE, Compaq campus rebranded, signs first tenant - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

"The 94-acre complex at 11445 Compaq Center West Drive, off state Highway 249 south of Louetta Road, is now called Viva Center.

The owner, Houston-based Morales Capital Group, signed a 10-year headquarters lease with hormone treatment and weight loss company SynergenX in October, and the company expanded its space to a total of 54,247 square feet in January.

Morales Capital Group is headed by Eduardo Morales, who is also the CEO of alcoholic beverage distribution company Mexcor International and several other entities under the Morales Capital Group umbrella. It is headquartered at 11177 Compaq Center West Drive, which is part of Viva Center. The 250,000-square-foot building also serves as a distribution center for Mexcor.

The group envisions turning the campus into a mixed-use tech hub with public gathering areas, events and apartments."

screenshot2.png

• Like 4

I remember when all of this was originally built, and so many people were vying for jobs at Compaq's assembly halls.  

Funny thing though - seems like I remember buildings on the east side of 249, kind of hidden in the wooden area - seems as if all that has been replaced by other stuff. 

2 hours ago, Zorin said:

Funny thing though - seems like I remember buildings on the east side of 249, kind of hidden in the wooden area - seems as if all that has been replaced by other stuff. 

There was a data center on Cutten but not many people worked there.   Everything else was on the west side of 249.

There is a beautiful sun dial 9/11 Memorial across the street from the three main office buildings.  When HPE relocated they left the Memorial behind.  It is made of limestone boulders and could have been moved.  I believe 2 or 3 Compaq employees died in the WTC. 

• Like 1