Sooner&RiceGrad

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=1y09lg

http://tinypic.com/1y09lg

Sorry, I can't post images properly with Tinypic.com on this site for some reason...

Wow. So you are AbercrombieDude... and HollisterDude. All in one, eh? Now I could of sworn those were my two sons' names... :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Here is my main desktop on Ubuntu Linux. The picture is one I took this week with a 35mm Pentax SLR ZX7 camera. The wildflowers are growing along a local road, and when I set up to take the shot, that bee showed up to complete the picture. I did have to get her to sign a model's release, however! :)

Screenshot.jpg

Here is my main desktop on Ubuntu Linux. The picture is one I took this week with a 35mm Pentax SLR ZX7 camera. The wildflowers are growing along a local road, and when I set up to take the shot, that bee showed up to complete the picture. I did have to get her to sign a model's release, however! :)

Nice picture. How did you go digital with it? Did you scan the negative or the print?

I have several thousand negatives that I've just given up scanning. I bought a negative scanner and it was just so slow and tedious and the quality so poor I've given up on all of my old pictures.

Nice picture.  How did you go digital with it?  Did you scan the negative or the print?

I have several thousand negatives that I've just given up scanning.  I bought a negative scanner and it was just so slow and tedious and the quality so poor I've given up on all of my old pictures.

It was actually very painless. I had them developed at Walgreens and paid $2.99 for them to put them on CD as well as give me negatives and prints. I do have a digital camera (Gateway DC-T50), but the SLR is much more capable.

It was actually very painless. I had them developed at Walgreens and paid $2.99 for them to put them on CD as well as give me negatives and prints. I do have a digital camera (Gateway DC-T50), but the SLR is much more capable.

Whenever I've done that with my film the CDs they send back only have pictures in two sizes on them -- 640x480 and 1280x1024. If I'm on film, I'm there for a reason, which is that I need 5000x3000 minimum.

The negative scanner I have does it, but it takes 30 minutes for each negative and the quality isn't great. One picture I did for the Weather Channel took three tries and an hour of touching-up to get a decent look. That was when I gave up.

Whenever I've done that with my film the CDs they send back only have pictures in two sizes on them -- 640x480 and 1280x1024.  If I'm on film, I'm there for a reason, which is that I need 5000x3000 minimum. 

The negative scanner I have does it, but it takes 30 minutes for each negative and the quality isn't great.  One picture I did for the Weather Channel took three tries and an hour of touching-up to get a decent look.  That was when I gave up.

Yeah, I hear you. That is always an issue for hi-res. I would like to have all mine that way as well. However, for sharing online, the CD works fine.

If someone comes up with a good solution, I'd like to hear it also. That is why I still keep negatives.

Archived