Texas pledge of allegiance

sevfiv

The United States was founded on Christian principals, and that has been our culture for over 200 years. At least until recently. Now I constantly hear how he should be removed from almost every form of government because of the whole "seperation of church and state" issue. I have a very hard time with that personally. I see my country changing before my eyes, and quite frankly it scares the hell out of me. By the way, I'm not the only one who feels that way

i agree that the US was based on christian principles but we are not a chirstian nation becuase we are governed by the code of law, not the scripture.

I also understand that todays "Christian" and his or her pushy ways are a big turnoff. I also understand that God cannot, and should not be forced on anyone. So now I am left with the question.... Did the modern day Christians ruin God's place in America?

yes and no. fundamentalist christians (your today's christians) ruined god's place in america as they would have it becuase they push the limits of what's legally acceptable but to most other christians and everyone else, they have not. god is still in america whether or not a replica of the ten commandments are on the steps of a court building. schools still have moments of silence every morning which gives chirstians a chance to pray. the government shuts down and kids are off from school for christmas and easter despite them being renamed. you know why unpaid debts fall off your credit report after 7 years? it's not a random year picked out by whoever but rather Deuteronomy 15:1-2

stand back and look at it from the prospective of a muslim, jew or hindu; the US is still overwhelming partial to christianity. i'm agnostic and see christianity still ever present on american society.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I don't have a batch of stats to throw your way, holy crap man, should I really have to? Isn't it obvious?

Good lord, man! It's like you're on a carousel. Yes, you need to show some stats, because you still have not shown there is a correlation.

While you could argue that that has nothing to do with kicking God out of the schools, certainly you wouldn't argue that were worse off than what we once were.

LOL! Seriously? Not once have I argued anything, anything other than the fact you are using assumptions (not facts) to connect A and B. You keep trying to make the conversation about something it isn't.

You and yer damn fancy werds (country music playing in the background).

I will say that your consistant. You have yet to offer a damn thing to me, well other than being a smart ass. By the way your good at it. Oh and I'll be waiting for you or anyone else to prove your side of the argument or lack thereof. Of course you'll most assuredly mention the burden of proof is on me, and you would be right. However I think I've run out of things to say that I haven't already said 94 times, soooooo.... This dumb hillbilly needs someone to set him straight on this subject but I've yet to find that person. You sound well read and intelligent how about you?

Not once have I called you idiot, stupid, hillbilly, or anything derogatory, but you obviously have some hangups in regards to those terms. I'm not here to make judgements about you or anyone else. As previosly mentioned, I've only asked you to back up your claim, which you have not, despite all your flailing. You stated a position, and I called you on it.

And I'm not here to "set anyone straight." Re-read all my posts. I am only pointing out the weakness in your argument. I know your view on repeating one's self, so: I have only asked you to back up your claim, which you have failed, time and time again, to do.

But we're done here. At this point it's like pulling teeth. I wish you the best, honestly.

i agree that the US was based on christian principles but we are not a chirstian nation becuase we are governed by the code of law, not the scripture.

yes and no. fundamentalist christians (your today's christians) ruined god's place in america as they would have it becuase they push the limits of what's legally acceptable but to most other christians and everyone else, they have not. god is still in america whether or not a replica of the ten commandments are on the steps of a court building. schools still have moments of silence every morning which gives chirstians a chance to pray. the government shuts down and kids are off from school for christmas and easter despite them being renamed. you know why unpaid debts fall off your credit report after 7 years? it's not a random year picked out by whoever but rather Deuteronomy 15:1-2

stand back and look at it from the prospective of a muslim, jew or hindu; the US is still overwhelming partial to christianity. i'm agnostic and see christianity still ever present on american society.

What a strong and wonderful post Jmancuso.

You guys are choosing to focus on Gary's rather "Christian" posts.

you've ignored the fact that the addition of "Under God" is NOT unconstitutional.

Can someone please argue with me?

lol (I love rational, objective and adult exchanges of ideas. i'd get married tomorrow if I could find a woman capable of this).

lol (I love rational, objective and adult exchanges of ideas. i'd get married tomorrow if I could find a woman capable of this).

LOL. don't give out your address to anyone, i think your about to find out what going to hell is like.

If gwilson's interpretation is the only correct one, then why does the supreme court have a problem with it?

I'm proud to be American too, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my issue with the "under god" pledge. I'd be more okay with "under the god of your choice" though.

You can be proud without a silly pledge, you know. Anything I am forced to do feels artificial. I know many don't agree with me on that, but I want people out there to know that just because I have a problem with the pledge doesn't mean I'm not proud to be American.

Really, my only point was what the pledge meant to me as a kid. It was in response to a previous post about the pledge not meaning anything.

Jax,

Don't be silly. Pride in Country can only be found in people with American Flag shirts made by child labor in Indonesia, yellow ribbon magnetic decals most likely made in China adorned on their German cars, and TIVO set to Blue Collar TV.

All other folks are just East Coast Liberal Elites that ain't got no pride in their country and no understanding of our true history!

:)

Parrothead is a time traveler with the ability to decipher context from hundreds of years ago.

Of course, if she had these powers at that time, she'd be called a witch and the folks she is now defending would burn her.

Dang it, I forgot to put you back on ignore. I took you off a few weeks ago because I noticed in someone's quoted response you actually made sense with something. I see it was just a fluke.

...and so I head off to my control panel! :lol:

Really, my only point was what the pledge meant to me as a kid. It was in response to a previous post about the pledge not meaning anything.

Dang it, I forgot to put you back on ignore. I took you off a few weeks ago because I noticed in someone's quoted response you actually made sense with something. I see it was just a fluke.

...and so I head off to my control panel! :lol:

How is my little friend? A girl I'm dating is a nanny for an autistic child (you can thank her for prompting me to act on lil' lovely's behalf). I am actually trying to figure out how to get her involved in this same action.

How is my little friend? A girl I'm dating is a nanny for an autistic child (you can thank her for prompting me to act on lil' lovely's behalf). I am actually trying to figure out how to get her involved in this same action.

She's great! Thanks for asking! Phoebe has an announcement to make, too:

DCP_4809.jpg

We're not sure she's really all that excited to be a future big sister, right now she doesn't like the cats or the dog much so.... :lol:

Baby #2 due in March!

Sorry I hijacked this thread! It needed some good vibes anyway :wub:

gwilson, if your friend needs any resources, please don't hesitate to ask!!

Archived