So sick of this weather!

KimberlySayWhat

I want to put it in a bag and beat it with a stick!

Dare I say I'd take a 100 degree drought over this? Yes, I would. I'd regret it but I'd take anything over this (except for cold and snow of course). This summer has been a complete wash out! It hasn't even felt like summer. I like an occasional summer thunderstorm, but this is relentless and redundant and I can't take it anymore!

Monday and Tuesday of this week were perfect. You really couldn't ask for better weather for this time of year in Houston. I just wish it wouldn't have ended mid-week.

Ugh! Here's hoping for a sunny and warm fall.

Yeah, but think of all the other stuff you could do ... catch up on movies, clean up (I did that all morning) and organize, wash ...

Cept, dish doesn't come til the 6th and there are too many boxes to clean and well....laundry??????? Eh, I got Fluff and Fold around the corner. YES!

But we got the upstairs finished today, so its all good.

Anyone have any flooding photos to share?

No pics, and amazingly, no flooding. I just checked the Harris County emergency management website, and I have received almost 24 inches of rain since June 1. My ditch fills up, but no flooding.

I was moving some dirt around this afternoon to level out some low spots that I've seen when it rains (every day). I swear, within 5 minutes of finishing, it started raining! Got another inch or two. At least I got to see if my efforts paid off.

Anyone have any flooding photos to share?

No pics here. Even with Allison the water here on N. Main only covered the sidewalk. One of my siblings has a picture of my parent's chimney in Inwood/Arbor Oaks 91 days after we unloaded it. Talk about timing...

In any event, this rain has wiped out the 10 year Texas drought and has replentished Toledo Bend and it's marinas. It's party time for us.

An aerobic septic system adds oxygen using any of several types aeration or "fine air bubble" systems to increase the level of effluent treatment in the septic tank by encouraging aerobic bacteria. Aerobic systems produce a better-quality waste water effluent for discharge into the absorption or sprinkler system for final treatment and disposal. The sprinkler type can unload the system and save a backup into your house in the rainy season. We use them out in the country. And the waste water makes the hay grow really well. I have a five acre system myself.

The electricity bill is not that much lower. We only saved $50.00.

Did in rain in Houston this weekend? It was sunny all weekend in Galveston.

Only $50? That's about a third of my monthly electric bill. I'll take it!

It was scattered around town all weekend. We were in Hermann Park much of the day Saturday and didn't get dumped on.

Archived