Office Building At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed today while I was waiting for the Metro Rail from the Museum District into the Med Center, I could see the top of Main Place sticking up above the buildings in the foreground for the first time. This picture kind of sucks but it at least shows what I mean. It's really cool now that you can see the building from other locations around the city now.

img1877i.jpg

You can barely see MainPlace and the crane in the upper left.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 2

This view of downtown Houston driving southward on Hwy 59 would look so spectacular if the skyline were to be balanced out by a supertall skyscraper built in the visual "gap" between Discovery Tower and MainPlace.

i agree wholeheartedly. An 80 storey would be nice- with a spire! :D

m. B)

i agree wholeheartedly. An 80 storey would be nice- with a spire! :D

m. B)

That would be nice, tall enough that you could see it behind the foreground of towers in the "skyline district".

Also, I remember us discussing wether or not MainPlace would be visible from the "skyline district". But, i dont remember if we agreed on anything. Do does it look like it will?

Flickr Jason Tinder4223424713_91bd44f64a_b.jpg

Edited by citizen4rmptown
  • Like 1

Just an observation...

I can see this building out of my window and expected them to start on the indented floors a couple of floors ago. I think that the floor numbers on the exterior service elevators do not correspond with the floor numbers in the renderings from Hines. There has been some comment that this building looked shorter than we thought but maybe this is part of the issue.

The building hasn't changed floors or height at all since 2007. Still 46 floors. As for the floors...the columns and support structure for the skygarden are going in now. Floor 37 is under construction now, and Floor 39 is the actual garden floor. So Floor 40 will be the first inset floor of the structure. Lots of interesting structure coming up now.

Just an observation...

I can see this building out of my window and expected them to start on the indented floors a couple of floors ago. I think that the floor numbers on the exterior service elevators do not correspond with the floor numbers in the renderings from Hines. There has been some comment that this building looked shorter than we thought but maybe this is part of the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

It is starting to become visible from the 59 South approach!

BTW, I've seen a scale model of this in the college of architecture; it still has a decent ways to go before topping out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought about this....

Because of its orientation, MainPlace should have a huge impact on the skyline view inside Minute Maid Park, especially with the sky garden facing the ballpark and being lighted at night.

Too bad no one will see it though since the Astros will probably stink this season...