KimberlySayWhat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about this classic, "Whip Me, Beat Me, Call Me Edna ! "

If you don't know what I am talking about, here is a link for the song:

http://blogs.redding.com/redding/dlangshaw/archives/2006/06/

the song will start automatically.

Oh my god, I actually have that song on a 45. The lyrics on that site for this song are wrong though. The correct lyric is.. Make me dress in fishnet stockings, not business stockings. lol. It was great to hear the song again.

tiny_tim1.jpg

Early rise of Cheesy.

How they considered this talent I'll never figure out but I clearly recall as kids he would appear on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In on occasion. All of us looked at each other and asked mom & dad Who's that? and they would would step towards the TV & say you mean What's that? Oh well, Tiny Tim always walked to the beat of a different drum. His one hit wonder "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" is all I ever heard he did and that was excruciating. Nothing could peel the paint of walls like his high falsetto voice! I always thought he was a product of the Greenwich Village beatnik scene but you can check his story out and try to sort it out for yourself. I could just plotz I tell ya!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Tim_(musician)

s25042.jpg

These two were way before Seigfreid & Roy in Vegas.

The dark haired guy really went off the deep end when he started using way too much mascara. Whats with those spandex pants? I'm scared. :ph34r:

"I all outta Love, I cant live without you". "What are thinking of, what are you thinking of?"

They must have gone on to do Broadway tunes.

They WERE cheesy. But they could sing too.

tiny_tim1.jpg

Early rise of Cheesy.

How they considered this talent I'll never figure out but I clearly recall as kids he would appear on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In on occasion. All of us looked at each other and asked mom & dad Who's that? and they would would step towards the TV & say you mean What's that? Oh well, Tiny Tim always walked to the beat of a different drum. His one hit wonder "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" is all I ever heard he did and that was excruciating. Nothing could peel the paint of walls like his high falsetto voice! I always thought he was a product of the Greenwich Village beatnik scene but you can check his story out and try to sort it out for yourself. I could just plotz I tell ya!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Tim_(musician)

Ick. He was the epitome of cheesey.

No one mentioned Rockwell ("I always feel like, somebody's watching me..."):

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.soulwalking.co.uk/

Oh God, you must be a mind reader! Thats the one I thought of yesterday but couldnt think of his name! Maybe he's washing dishes somewhere too?

Many people hated Hall & Oates too but they did have a few good ones.

I still crack up when I think of "Maneater" and the video was quite LAME. Some stupid tiger slithering through the jungle while these two guys peek at each other from behind palms leaves. I'm scared. :ph34r::lol:

Oh God, you must be a mind reader! Thats the one I thought of yesterday but couldnt think of his name! Maybe he's washing dishes somewhere too?

Ah, but I am ...

swami-philippines.jpg

Pretty much a LOT of the 80s singers/performers/groups were cheesy. All of them, black, white, etc.

I mean, c'mon ... the big hair groups of the 80s (Twisted Sister, etc.), the cheesy black groups that all wore the same outfits (think Atlantic Starr) ... the 80s had some good singers, but a lot of it was cheese.

swiss-cheese-mouse.jpg

Hey now, Parachute pants and a Generra color changing shirt was standard issue in those days. You WERE NOT cool, unless you had at least one Swatch watch and a pair of Guess jeans or Z.Cavariccis also.

Now, Milli Vanilli was some good cheese, in fact it was Velveeta, my favorite, because it was processed cheese, and NOT the real thing.

6190116_milli438.jpg

Whatever became of the guy that did the vocals. At least he could sing. I loved 'Blame it On the Rain' ... not sure why I liked his voice in that.

.b1.jpgp17.jpg

and please tell us this never happened. It was just a bad dream right? This is when dignity has gone right out the window. An all time high in (or low) in TV ratings too.

Brady's in Concert, and no drugs were involved? Can you name one song?

Where's my therapist?

The Bradys, God I loved them, and I love them. Too bad Oliver never got involved in the musical performances, because I would vote that one the cheesiest, ever.

I always thought Rick Springfield was pretty cheesy. I wish that I had Jesse's girl... ya, right, Ricky.

Brady's in Concert, and no drugs were involved? Can you name one song?

time to change is one. that was the one where peter's voice was changing and there were a lot of sha na na's involved in the lyrics.

time to change is one. that was the one where peter's voice was changing and there were a lot of sha na na's involved in the lyrics.

Thats true and the fact that Mr Brady was dying to let the real "Alice" inside of him come out (see him in center of left pic) chills :ph34r:

Even funnier was once they all went their own ways, Jan Brady blew away the world when she did the ABC 13 movie of the week, "Portait of a teenage runaway" and was walking them streets for $.

Bad girl, bad girl, your such a dirty bad girl, beep, beep u huh...

Thats true and the fact that Mr Brady was dying to let the real "Alice" inside of him come out (see him in center of left pic) chills :ph34r:

Even funnier was once they all went their own ways, Jan Brady blew away the world when she did the ABC 13 movie of the week, "Portait of a teenage runaway" and was walking them streets for $.

Bad girl, bad girl, your such a dirty bad girl, beep, beep u huh...

Not only Jan, but Marcia,Marcia,Marcia, played a one night stand hooker in the movie, The Idolmaker. Something about those Brady Kids !

donho01.jpg

Cheesyness can come in all shapes & forms. Hawaii's version of cheese but what the heck he made his mark in pop music history as you sipped your Mai Tai on Waikiki Beach. He even made numerous TV cameos like when he serenaded Bab's Eden on I Dream Of Jeanie. :wacko: Everyone start singing! Tiny Bubbles.....

I'm sure Rockwell is doing just fine wherever he is. He's The son of the founder of Motown, Berry Gordy.

Fact 1:

Born Kenneth Gordy, Rockwell is the son of Motown Records founder Berry Gordy. He changed his name so as to avoid charges of nepotism, wanting to make it in the music business on his talent alone. Per VH1

Fact 2:

Berry and Diana Ross did have a child together. Rhonda Ross, the eldest daughter of Supremes great Diana Ross, said in the New York Post that she wasn't shocked to learn that Motown founder Berry Gordy Jr. was her father.

This is too funny! Kim never thought this topic would go so far!

4kees.jpg

Hey, Hey their The Monkee's! what can we say? Kids like us thought they were hippies but, hey we were just kids.

Davy Jones (short one on the far right) did several cameos on TV shows. The most roaring funny one was guess...When he came "in person" to Marcia Brady's house! She thought he forgot to write her back since she was a major groupie of the fan club and the mail got lost or something contrived & goofy like that.

At the last minute he appears at her door and proceeds to sing "Girl Look What Youv'e Done To Me" as she wipes aways tears. Her parents & family were all peeking from behind the curtain. :wacko::ph34r:

We kids were throwing our tennis shoes at the screen while my big sis blocked them from hitting Davey Jones. Cheese-mania 60's style!

I'm kinda surprised no one's mentioned WHAM! yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwrtWVMi6o

Exactly!

How could anyone forget Georgy Boy. You will die when you see "Bad Boys" stick together Woo Woo video. He plays a gang leader? and they beat up another gang. He was the original gerbster. He sure made one heck of a come back years later but for the rest room deal. :blink: Bad boys stick together, woo! woo!

I saw The Jets at the rodeo when I was little. They were introducing all their band/family members and one of them was named Hiney. Of course we all started giggling.

Vertigo58, I love that episode of the Bunch and I love The Monkees. They did their reunion tour when I was little and we saw them several times at Astroworld's Southern Star theater.

I saw The Jets at the rodeo when I was little. They were introducing all their band/family members and one of them was named Hiney. Of course we all started giggling.

Vertigo58, I love that episode of the Bunch and I love The Monkees. They did their reunion tour when I was little and we saw them several times at Astroworld's Southern Star theater.

Kim, I am pretty sure I was there that day also. I think the brother's name was JAIME' though, not HINEY ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

Are you sure because we all heard Hiney, not Jamie. But maybe kids are just programmed to listen for things like that.

Then again, there were a whole lot of them and they're Hawaiian. I still believe one is named Hiney.

Ahh, look! I just Wikipeded them. Look at their names!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jets_%281980s_pop_band%29

Ok, so Haini is not quite Hiney, but it all sounds the same.

Are you sure because we all heard Hiney, not Jamie. But maybe kids are just programmed to listen for things like that.

Then again, there were a whole lot of them and they're Hawaiian. I still believe one is named Hiney.

Ahh, look! I just Wikipeded them. Look at their names!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jets_%281980s_pop_band%29

Ok, so Haini is not quite Hiney, but it all sounds the same.

Lol. Thanks y'all. Its 7 in the morning and I'm laughing my hiney off at hiney. Too funny. :lol:

I saw The Jets at the rodeo when I was little.

I did like that one hit wonder the Jets had though. Too bad they faded away.

Now I gotta tell all of you that Abba was just your typical pop group when they 1st appeared in the US. However, we guys thought they were as wuss wuss as any band could get. I mean check out the threads. If you walked down the street in this get up back then (guys) you would be lucky if you made it home alive! 20 years later they become all famous again? Whats up? and supposedly have a cult following? I still tease my older cousin about the day I busted him coming out of a record store with one of their albums hidden under his arm. These guys took cheesiness to new "Swedish" heights people, I'm telling yuz!

abba.jpg

I did like that one hit wonder the Jets had though. Too bad they faded away.

Now I gotta tell all of you that Abba was just your typical pop group when they 1st appeared in the US. However, we guys thought they were as wuss wuss as any band could get. I mean check out the threads. If you walked down the street in this get up back then (guys) you would be lucky if you made it home alive! 20 years later they become all famous again? Whats up? and supposedly have a cult following? I still tease my older cousin about the day I busted him coming out of a record store with one of their albums hidden under his arm. These guys took cheesiness to new "Swedish" heights people, I'm telling yuz!

abba.jpg

This is great fashion. lol Check out the shoes on the guy on the left.

6c8lbir.jpg

Archived