Texas A&M University Covered Up Bioweapons Infections

This would be one of the drawbacks of having such facilities on campus.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/149876.html

AUSTIN -- Three Texas A&M University researchers became accidentally infected with a highly contagious biological weapons agent last year and then university officials covered it up, an Austin-based watchdog group alleged Tuesday.

The infections were confirmed in April 2006, but the university did not report them to the Centers for Disease Control until recently, in violation of federal law, the watchdog group alleged.

Serious question: does the Aggie Code of Honor pertain to university officials?

Edited by mrfootball
  • Like 1

Since that has nothing to do with the Texas A&M Cover Up story which happens to be the topic of this thread. Please answer the question. Does the 'Aggie Code of Honor' pertain to A&M administrators?

Edited by mrfootball

Since that has nothing to do with the Texas A&M Cover Up story which happens to be the topic of this thread. Please answer the question. Does the 'Aggie Code of Honor' pertain to A&M administrators?

It pertains to Aggies. The question is, are A&M administrators Aggies? I think an Aggie though is anyone who has ever attended school at Texas A&M. So my hunch is, unless they were students there, no.

Why does it matter though? There's plenty in the Employee Handbook that this is in violation of. You even have to take an online course on ethics to be an employee now. And if they are bound to the Honor Code, it won't be the first time that someone has violated it.

It pertains to Aggies. The question is, are A&M administrators Aggies? I think an Aggie though is anyone who has ever attended school at Texas A&M. So my hunch is, unless they were students there, no.

Why does it matter though? There's plenty in the Employee Handbook that this is in violation of. You even have to take an online course on ethics to be an employee now. And if they are bound to the Honor Code, it won't be the first time that someone has violated it.

The code of honor is "Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal." It never mentions cover ups.

The code of honor is "Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal." It never mentions cover ups.

Well, he "stole" the vials, and then "lie"d about destroying them. I guess one out of 3 is still following the "code" as long as you don't break all three rules at once, the Aggie in question is safe ?

• The title was changed to Texas A&M University Covered Up Bioweapons Infections