new visitor thread

TexasArchitect

haif should have a "new visitor's" thread where new memebers can introduce themselves

Pointless, as they say hi, and we say hi back, and then what? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a rubbish forum that will just take up bandwidth and server space.

i've wondered why we do not have a newbie thread; however, if everyone would welcome people within their first few posts, we wouldn't need one. i can't see myself visiting a newbie thread everyday just to say hello to everyone signing on. i think haif is too large for the editor or moderators to welcome everyone. after all, isn't it the webmaster or moderators who end up with that job?

everyone should simply take the opportunity to say hello when we see a newbie making their first few posts.

just a thought for noob's who come in here and what to introduce themselves and get "welcomed"

this may help reduce the amount of guests and increase the amount of ppl to register. just a tactic we've used on other forums....

moo :mellow:, I don't think a welcome forum will increase registration. We only want people to register if they really plan on being part of the HAIF community.

I would be all for any registered account to get deleted after. . . I dunno a year without activity. Maybe even like 30 days for a person who registered and maybe only posted once.

Kind of like my avatar thread. :blush:

You said it, not me, but I agree. :P:lol:

I can't see myself visiting a newbie thread everyday just to say hello to everyone signing on.

Unless it is a slow HAIF day, but in that case, you should just get off the computer and go outside. ;)

moo :mellow:, I don't think a welcome forum will increase registration. We only want people to register if they really plan on being part of the HAIF community.

Really? Does this "we" include the editor...the moderators? Certainly, no one consulted me before this "we" statement was made.

haif should have a "new visitor's" thread where new memebers can introduce themselves

Well, so far everyone has been welcomed-not necessarily with open arms-without a "new visitors" thread. I don't argue the point just because I think it may turn out to be an energy waster. It's a great place to vent; it's a great place to confuse "me" with "moo" even if it comes from two of my three favorite members. You have already endeared me with your biker avatar so hopefully this pic will endear me to you: 9f561ace.jpg

Well, so far everyone has been welcomed-not necessarily with open arms-without a "new visitors" thread. I don't argue the point just because I think it may turn out to be an energy waster. It's a great place to vent; it's a great place to confuse "me" with "moo" even if it comes from two of my three favorite members. You have already endeared me with your biker avatar so hopefully this pic will endear me to you: 9f561ace.jpg

How about just a thread that explains the rule, who the moderators are and such. put it in a prominent place, lock it so no one can reply, and there you go!

Or, you can have the thread unlocked for newbies can post some general questions that may (or may not) be answered by some of our more (cough) esteemed members.

Guest Marty

I like too see a local missing kid/person thread where you give info on the person on here you are looking for and send the info and a pic to a mod and they can post it , similar to the milk carton "Have you seen me"

That's funny! I have two orange guys that look just like that one!

As a cat owner, I gotta like this pic. You can just see the "cat personality" in the photo (and those of you who own cats know exactly what I mean).

How about just a thread that explains the rule, who the moderators are and such. put it in a prominent place, lock it so no one can reply, and there you go!

A link to the HAIF rules are at the top of each page. Click "Guidelines."

Archived