Emancipation Park At 3018 Emancipation Ave.

I couldn't find the forum for a project that the third ward redevelopment group headed by Rep. Coleman was going to build across the street from Emancipation park on Elgin. I know it was here at one time. At one point I remember there were images of a spherical shaped building as one of the proposals. Very futuristic looking but not plausible. I drove by this morning and there is now a 5 story steel framed structure going up. To be honest I haven't seen a steel structure going up in a while. It seems now everything is reinforced concrete. Someone should go by and document in images it's progress.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bobruss said:

I couldn't find the forum for a project that the third ward redevelopment group headed by Rep. Coleman was going to build across the street from Emancipation park on Elgin. I know it was here at one time. At one point I remember there were images of a spherical shaped building as one of the proposals. Very futuristic looking but not plausible. I drove by this morning and there is now a 5 story steel framed structure going up. To be honest I haven't seen a steel structure going up in a while. It seems now everything is reinforced concrete. Someone should go by and document in images it's progress.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/25/2019 at 10:31 AM, BeerNut said:

I also noticed on Redfin that this area had it's first home to enter the Northern Third Ward market over $500k .  

These homes never sold and they turned all 3 townhomes into "luxury" Airbnb rentals.

• The title was changed to COH And Emancipation Park Agreement
  • The title was changed to Emancipation Park At 3018 Emancipation Ave.

Archived