Weirdest Dreams

TheNiche

I'd created a thread many months back which was based upon a personal experience (in that case, an embarrassing moment at work) and turned out to be pretty well received, this one is similar and asks for folks to contribute their weirdest dreams. Like before, I'll go first to break the ice:

I was at the office last night too late at night and spontaneously dozed off for well over an hour while sitting in front of my computer. In my dream, I got up to go to the restroom, walked into a stall, and sat down on the toilet, pants around my ankles. In my dream, it was also late at night and I was also the only one in the building. ...and no, this isn't going where you think its going.

Spontaneously, my right arm reached over to the wall on the left side of me and slowly drew out an line, first stright down and then straight to the right, in an 'L' shape. Ink appeared where my finger had traced along the wall. Strangely, that ink was coming out of my fingertip did not alarm me, but what was alarming was that I did not think for my arm to do that. It just did it, as if on its own. I was jolted, but finished my business and got out of there, not thinking too much of it.

Dreams have a tendency to be disjointed, so I didn't dream anything about the moment between when I left the bathroom stall and when I came back for another deposit to the Citizens' Bank of Porcalin. This pattern would repeat several times, except that each time, I'd get continuously more freaked out as my arm and hand would trace out various bits and peices of a pattern on the wall before I regained control and jolted from the stall. Some of it was boxy and other bits of it were curving with an occaisional curve intersecting a straight line. For some reason, it never occurred to the dreamt version of me that I should use a toilet in a different stall, on another floor of the building, or just hold it until I got home.

In the final iteration of this process, right before I awoke, the pattern was revealed. I was finally somewhat comfortable with this possessive force (and it really wasn't my own will doing this, but some outside entity), at least enough to allow it to continue drawing what it was. Big fat dollar symbols, in random orders and rotations. And moments after I realized that, I panicked in my dream and woke up with a jolt in front of my computer terminal. It was time to go home...

I've never been possessed in a dream before, so it get classified as very weird in my book. Anyone got anything weirder?

Guest Marty

First weird dream was around 1981 when i was 6 years old....

I was standing in my back yard at night and the stars was falling slowly towards me, the stars got so close they where getting caught up in the power lines and they look like white star shaped sheets hanging and slowly waving in the wind then the morning light filled the sky.

Edited by Marty

I can remember a dream when I was real young where I was running through what looked like an industrial toxic waste area. The dirt and sky were red and toxic barrels randomly thrown all over. There was a cave/tunnel entrance and I was going to walk into it. The black robed skeleton death guy came out and was chasing after me. He was about to catch me but at the last minute my dad came in running from side frame, picked me up, and saved me.

I can honestly say that at whatever age this was I would have absolutely no idea what the death guy was or the toxic waste dump or what toxic waste even was.

I'd created a thread many months back which was based upon a personal experience (in that case, an embarrassing moment at work) and turned out to be pretty well received, this one is similar and asks for folks to contribute their weirdest dreams. Like before, I'll go first to break the ice:

I was at the office last night too late at night and spontaneously dozed off for well over an hour while sitting in front of my computer. In my dream, I got up to go to the restroom, walked into a stall, and sat down on the toilet, pants around my ankles. In my dream, it was also late at night and I was also the only one in the building. ...and no, this isn't going where you think its going.

Spontaneously, my right arm reached over to the wall on the left side of me and slowly drew out an line, first stright down and then straight to the right, in an 'L' shape. Ink appeared where my finger had traced along the wall. Strangely, that ink was coming out of my fingertip did not alarm me, but what was alarming was that I did not think for my arm to do that. It just did it, as if on its own. I was jolted, but finished my business and got out of there, not thinking too much of it.

Dreams have a tendency to be disjointed, so I didn't dream anything about the moment between when I left the bathroom stall and when I came back for another deposit to the Citizens' Bank of Porcalin. This pattern would repeat several times, except that each time, I'd get continuously more freaked out as my arm and hand would trace out various bits and peices of a pattern on the wall before I regained control and jolted from the stall. Some of it was boxy and other bits of it were curving with an occaisional curve intersecting a straight line. For some reason, it never occurred to the dreamt version of me that I should use a toilet in a different stall, on another floor of the building, or just hold it until I got home.

In the final iteration of this process, right before I awoke, the pattern was revealed. I was finally somewhat comfortable with this possessive force (and it really wasn't my own will doing this, but some outside entity), at least enough to allow it to continue drawing what it was. Big fat dollar symbols, in random orders and rotations. And moments after I realized that, I panicked in my dream and woke up with a jolt in front of my computer terminal. It was time to go home...

I've never been possessed in a dream before, so it get classified as very weird in my book. Anyone got anything weirder?

do you place any value in a dream? do you think that they are a reflection of who we are or what we are dealing with? do you feel that money controls you? are you afraid that you are wasting (flushing) your time away in the pursuit of money? or do you think it's just a freaky thing?

i've had several weird dreams, some very lucid and poignant. one series of dreams i've had include dreams of buildings, mostly residences, that reoccur in subsequent dreams. these are homes i've never seen before, but they are in my subconscious. when the dream happens, i know where each room is in the house and understand that i've been there many times before. sometimes, i'm an intruder in a house i admire. other times, it's my home that i enjoy only part time. there have been mornings when i awake and i could draw much of the structure from memory. however, i soon forget the house until the next time i dream of it.

There must be numerous books on this subject you couldn't count them. 20/20 always had some good in depth stories on dreams and do they mean something. The most commons ones I am sure everyone can relate to are (I'll number 10 of them)

1. Your falling from a very high building or mountain cliff

2. You have loads of $ in your hands and you keep telling yourself it will be there when you awake.

3. Being chased by an intruder or animal trying to bite or worse kill you

4. You are trying to yell or scream and no sound comes out of you.

5. You are stranded alone in a strange town or city and or its getting dark and you are trying to find your way back home.

6. Food, you are just about to eat or bite into a juicy (Prince's) :blush: hamburger or steak and whalla, its gone :angry:

7. You find yourself at work or at grade school with only your shoes or socks on and nothing else!

8. You run home in a storm and the house is completely demolished and all your family is no where to be seen.

9. The city is being bombed and you see missles raining overhead. Your nabe appears nuked.

10. Your face is aging fast as you look in the mirror then you comb your hair it falls out or you cant recognize yourself anymore. Yikes!

It's said if they are recurring there has been or presently is a nuisance or problem somehow related. Makes sense to me.

One more I almost forgot.

You find yourself in a huge mansion type house with many rooms and stairs, then there are many floors and the place just seems from another period like Victorian era. There are secret doors leading to rooms with no furniture just old wallpaper.

Edited by Vertigo58

do you place any value in a dream? do you think that they are a reflection of who we are or what we are dealing with? do you feel that money controls you? are you afraid that you are wasting (flushing) your time away in the pursuit of money? or do you think it's just a freaky thing?

Not usually, and in this case the symbology is hard to interpret. If I were just dreaming about money by itself, or my taking of money, it'd be difficult to say whether or not it were a reflection of a good or bad aspect about myself. For all I know, it could be about excessive greed just as easily as it could be about a desire for independence and control. ...and when I'm sitting on the pot with my pants down and an outside force possesses my ink-filled finger to communicate the concept of money to me, well I just don't have the slightest clue what that's supposed mean.

I fly. Quite often actually. Not so much as a joy ride though, usually as an escape meachanism. But the thing is, it's like a fake flight. I am always trying not to fall. And it's roof top to roof top flying. I've always wondered what this meant. Oh and I have to make a running start. Weird.

Oh my God, I cant believe I forgot that one! FLYING like Peter Pan.

I always noticed that when I see a movie or something out of the ordinary happended on a given day I dream or nightmare about it very soon after. Like that same night.

One that normally happens for me is finding that I am about 7-8 years old and we are all kids again at our old house and mom is young. I think this comes from my love of looking at old photographs of us kids and remembering how uncomplicated things were then. Uh oh tears -_-

Edited by Vertigo58

I have recurring themes in my dreams... it is not that dream is the same...but the theme is the same or similiar. Possibly a result of a medication I take and I must say I really enjoy most of them.

Sometimes it is an old houses. Big places, that I usually know who's house it is.. with hidden stairways.. which I enjoy exploring. Sometime's is a really cool shopping mall. Elevator's are often a theme. For a while there was a series of dreams about elevators that not only went up and down, but went sideways. Getting on the right elevator is often tickey. There is also a whole series of old hotels. Really cool ones, with very upscale rooms and corridors.

The weirdest, and most memorable dream, was my best friend and I had Evis's head in a hat box (remind you of a movie?) and we were desperately looking for a place to hide the box at work so no one would find out that we had it. Of course work was nothing like our normal office enviroment...it was at one of those really cool upscale shopping malls.

I have recurring themes in my dreams... it is not that dream is the same...but the theme is the same or similiar. Possibly a result of a medication I take and I must say I really enjoy most of them.

Sometimes it is an old houses. Big places, that I usually know who's house it is.. with hidden stairways.. which I enjoy exploring. Sometime's is a really cool shopping mall. Elevator's are often a theme. For a while there was a series of dreams about elevators that not only went up and down, but went sideways. Getting on the right elevator is often tickey. There is also a whole series of old hotels. Really cool ones, with very upscale rooms and corridors.

The weirdest, and most memorable dream, was my best friend and I had Evis's head in a hat box (remind you of a movie?) and we were desperately looking for a place to hide the box at work so no one would find out that we had it. Of course work was nothing like our normal office enviroment...it was at one of those really cool upscale shopping malls.

i love it. elvis' head in a box. sounds like a great short story or independent film.

niche, could the outside force manipulating your graffiti be an american/childhood-instilled paradigm?, one that says we have to make money. being on the toilet can be about vulnerability, necessity or, money = crapping. ;) i think the dream is interesting. it would be more interesting if i knew your personality. thanks for sharing.

Another recurring one is:

Waking up and realizing your late because the alarm didnt go off on time so you have to rush to

Senior High School???

I am hurrying to find the period class I am supposed to be in. Confused if I should be in English or Government class or report to homeroom? I try to ask but everyone is too busy to hear me.

Then I tell my self youv'e been away from HS for years they dont want you back in? As I hurry past the kids I see my old friends and they look the same as in class of 79? I am also trying to open my locker and the combination is hard to remember. I am wondering if i returned all of my books like we had to at end of semester? Am I in trouble? :ph34r:

I fly. Quite often actually. Not so much as a joy ride though, usually as an escape meachanism. But the thing is, it's like a fake flight. I am always trying not to fall. And it's roof top to roof top flying. I've always wondered what this meant. Oh and I have to make a running start. Weird.

Ha I love those dreams. I too have to start running and jumping up like an idiot. After a while it's like the flying power deteriorates and then I can't do it anymore :(

niche, could the outside force manipulating your graffiti be an american/childhood-instilled paradigm?, one that says we have to make money. being on the toilet can be about vulnerability, necessity or, money = crapping. ;) i think the dream is interesting. it would be more interesting if i knew your personality. thanks for sharing.

After 4,582 posts, I'd think that you would know about everything that you would need to about my personality. ^_^

Nah, as far as the childhood goes, money was never really a problem, but it also has never been a big motivator for my parents. ...but they have told stories about me from before I can even remember about how I'd collect interestingly-shaped and colored rocks from our property and haul them around door to door trying to sell them for money. When asked by neighbors why they should buy my rocks when they had plenty of their own, I apparently replied "because my rocks are better." There was an old indian campsite on our tract that yeilded a lot of artifacts, so there actually was truth in advertising.

Frankly, though, for all I know, I was possessed by the spirit of an engineer that built wastewater treatment plants for a living and that wanted to express his satisfaction at my being a customer. I haven't a clue.

collapsed-bridge.jpg

Here is another recurring dream/nightmare. I am driving a car and I cant seem to touch the brakes in time as the bridge has no continuing end to get to other side. I see the ocean or deep water in front of me. Its dark and storming unlike this photo. My feet dont quite touch the brakes enough to slow down the car and I start to tip over slowly and the whole thing just crumbles. The car and I fall and water starts filling in side quickly and I am too much in a drowzy haze to open the door in time. Wake up in cold sweat!

Man, you guys got me freaked out now. :ph34r:

Ha I love those dreams. I too have to start running and jumping up like an idiot. After a while it's like the flying power deteriorates and then I can't do it anymore :(

I don't like those dreams because I'm always hiding from terrorists, Nazis, robbers and bad guys then just as they are about to discover me I get out of my hiding place and fly away, sometimes dropping back down to the ground near where they are and trying to fly up again. And I can only hold one cat so I have to choose between my two. It's terrible. I wish I could go on a joy ride, I'll have to work on that.

I don't like those dreams because I'm always hiding from terrorists, Nazis, robbers and bad guys then just as they are about to discover me I get out of my hiding place and fly away, sometimes dropping back down to the ground near where they are and trying to fly up again. And I can only hold one cat so I have to choose between my two. It's terrible. I wish I could go on a joy ride, I'll have to work on that.

Oh, that reminds me of one I had as a kid that stuck in my mind on account of how funny it was. I was somehow stranded in my middle school, which was closed up overnight. I stumbled upon a bunch of uniformed Nazis breaking in, so I ran to the cafeteria, raided the freezer for frozen sausages, and started sneaking around in the dark beating Nazis to death with the frozen sausages.

Another recurring one is:

Waking up and realizing your late because the alarm didnt go off on time so you have to rush to

Senior High School???

I am hurrying to find the period class I am supposed to be in. Confused if I should be in English or Government class or report to homeroom? I try to ask but everyone is too busy to hear me.

Then I tell my self youv'e been away from HS for years they dont want you back in? As I hurry past the kids I see my old friends and they look the same as in class of 79? I am also trying to open my locker and the combination is hard to remember. I am wondering if i returned all of my books like we had to at end of semester? Am I in trouble? :ph34r:

i have dreams about being back at the academy i attended. for years, the recurring dreams involved the idea that i had unfinished work. lately, in the same buildings, i return as a teacher or administrator with incompetent help. some of the same staff are present in the dreams. i awake from these dreams frustrated.

i haven't had flying dreams in awhile.

one of the worst dreams i can remember was about washing dishes. i cleaned and rinsed until all of the dishes were done, or so i thought. i would reach down into the murky water to pull the plug and find more dishes. i would start the cycle all over again. the dream repeated itself all night long.

I have this one dream about a rope chain with a $10 gold piece from 1890 that I had in college. it got stolen back then, and I have this dream where I find it again, and I think I am clutching it, and I try to wake up, because I think if I wake up while in the middle of the dream that the chain will be in my hand, like it is in the dream.

I still have this one come back quite often.

I am playing with my Lego building blocks and am creating something really cool. I once made a Japanese Pagoda kind of bldg and took precious time and thinking to make it. I was really proud of it and still have the photo of me next to it. I then imagine that some one has thrown all of my Legos away or destroyed them! I then start panicking and frantically digging through the garbage trying to recover any little bit or pieces I can but most are melted, crushed or have been taken away. I clutch the few I have and then awaken, very unhappy!

One more sad one

I once dreamt that I walked into our living room and there was a large couch and a smaller one next to each other. There were relatives sitting on them. From left to right was my big sister, one of my aunts and another aunt all whom are now deceased. I was suprised to see them all there seated next to each other and all seemed to be quite happy as if they had just had a great discussion. They all seemed to be dressed in like white or comfortable clothing. Like robes or something. I asked them how in the world they could possibly be here and how it didnt make any sense to me and that I could hardly wait to tell my family in the next rooms of the house. They only seemed to look at me and smile but didn't utter a word. Kind of like they were trying to let me know all is good. As soon as I started to look back to make sure it was real they were all gone.

Edited by Vertigo58

One dream that always stood out for me --and not sure why-- was when I lived in Baltimore. The house had a large, creepy, wood-paneled basement that I would only use for the washroom, and to sometimes get to the backyard.

Anyhow, in my dream there was always a door that led to another house. In the dream it WAS my basement, but arranged only slightly differently and the door would open and I'd be in a connecting house (not my own and not in a basement).

Never really understood that.

Why were you working late? Money is just a bunch of $hit. It all winds up down the toilet and your time is gone. Maybe that's what it was trying to tell you. You can make more money but you can't buy time.

I have woken up laughing so hard I could cry... because my dream was sooo stupid.

Edited by mumbles

Why were you working late? Money is just a bunch of $hit. It all winds up down the toilet and your time is gone. Maybe that's what it was trying to tell you. You can make more money but you can't buy time.

As it so happens, I'm in the office again this weekend (right now) to meet a hard deadline. Why do I do it? To make money (and health insurance), yes, but also to meet deadlines so as to serve and build trust among clients, frequently aware of my effort, to preserve and enhance relationships with my superiors and colleagues, and to be able to free myself up for networking opps during the week.

To what end? Money and relationships, ultimately independence. You are wrong that money can't buy time. It most certainly can, and higher quality time at that. And any relationships are $$$ in the bank.

Edited by TheNiche