Will Whoopi Join the Chat Table?

Chris

I think Kathy Griffin is gonna get the nod. She is great when she is on that show. She has NO political agenda whatsoever, and is a Lib. so perhaps she would be a good fit.

She would be perfect. The girl is loaded with humor and not in a vulgar way. unlike. and not bad to look at either. unlike :)

the view is a show that needs to get cancelled!

Thats true! It should have been imploded a long time ago. Its just a bunch of hags sitting around gossiping about the world and behaving like "Desperate House hose".

We need a Crater TV shows section! Like Marty said, These type of shows Bit The Shark a long time ago. >:)

I don't think the show should be cancelled, Plus the ratings aren't low enough. It was alot better whem the cast was Merideth, Star, Joy, Elizabeth and Barbara.

Your right it was much better when it originated. I think the premise of the show was to have sensible conversations and ideas of current and past events. Somehow it started to spiral into another common gossipy show with a few clowns thrown in for comic relief.

I personally think Whoopi Cushion is much better as a serious actress as in The Color Purple and in comedy films. Sometimes shes says too much or just says anything for shock effect, there are too many doing the same these days. It gets old. Then again she is a veteran of the era of the Howard Sterns and the Andrew Dice Clay idiots. I wonder if Whoopi will ever try to look female? That adrogonous look is quite tiring and worn out. :blink:

I just don't like celebs who think we CARE what their politics are. Most of them have never even been to college, much less graduated High School. Yet they think that the public wants to hear their uneducated ramblings and opinions on world politics....... :wacko:

I just don't like celebs who think we CARE what their politics are. Most of them have never even been to college, much less graduated High School. Yet they think that the public wants to hear their uneducated ramblings and opinions on world politics....... :wacko:

i can't agree more. when i see a comedian/actor get on a soap box regurgitating a time magazine or new york times article, or worse a michael moore film, i cringe. i'm thinking, you're an "actor", go make a movie. if i want political commentary, i certainly won't go to alicia silverstone. i will make an exception for dennis miller, though.

unless whoopi gets into it with elisabeth, the view will be as vacant as it was originally. watching elisabeth grow up and learn to stand her ground was great fun. i didn't bother to watch the show any further than "hot topics". the right/left banter was indicative of conversations i see/hear on a regular basis and to see it fleshed out on a live show was refreshing. Barbara trying to mediate was typical of old media types. the old school "balance" (don't openly offend anyone) in media is boring.

Fun fact;

Dennis Miller attended Point Park University. The 25-75th percentile of SAT scores there is 920 to 1130. Over 76% of all applicants are admitted. Point Park was a junior college until the 1970s.

Rosie attended Dickinson College, one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. The 25-75th SAT averages at Dickinson are 1200 to 1380. Only 49% of applicants are accepted at D.C.

Rosie later transferred to Boston University. BU has an 1180 to 1370 SAT range and accepts only 57% of applicants (over 31,000 apply annually).

Now, booksmarts aren't everything but maybe you are making an exception for the wrong person?

Fun fact;

Dennis Miller attended Point Park University. The 25-75th percentile of SAT scores there is 920 to 1130. Over 76% of all applicants are admitted. Point Park was a junior college until the 1970s.

Rosie attended Dickinson College, one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. The 25-75th SAT averages at Dickinson are 1200 to 1380. Only 49% of applicants are accepted at D.C.

Rosie later transferred to Boston University. BU has an 1180 to 1370 SAT range and accepts only 57% of applicants (over 31,000 apply annually).

Now, booksmarts aren't everything but maybe you are making an exception for the wrong person?

those are interesting facts. however, any moron can get a degree. oh wait, you didn't say that rosie, in fact, completed a degree. also, "average" SAT scores and acceptance percentages are in no way indicative of rosie's intelligence or dennis miller's lack of it.

I find this proposed amendment very, very, very, very shocking. And immoral. And, you know, if civil disobedience is the way to go about change, then I think a lot of people will be going to San Francisco.

Rosie O'Donnell

Now, I don't want to get off on a rant here, but guilt is simply God's way of letting you know that you're having too good a time.

Dennis Miller

One man's Voltaire is another man's Screech.

Dennis Miller

There's nothing wrong with being shallow as long as you're insightful about it.

Dennis Miller

i don't know about you, but i'm very, very, very, very annoyed with rosie odonnell and very entertained by miller. he is a significant political humorist. rosie is a reactionary blow hard.

i must specify that i would not base my political opinions ON dennis miller's comments. i just don't mind listening to him talk about politics. i shudder when i hear of george clooney or rosie odonnell backing a candidate. it's inconsequential. by the same token, i wouldn't support giuliani simply because miller is behind him either.

any comments on the rumor that Rosie is being considered to take over for Bob Barker on TPIR?

What!! Rosie ODonnell is considered to take over The Price is Right? She doesn't even seem like the type to do so. Not a good idea.

i don't know about you, but i'm very, very, very, very annoyed with rosie odonnell and very entertained by miller. he is a significant political humorist. rosie is a reactionary blow hard.

i must specify that i would not base my political opinions ON dennis miller's comments. i just don't mind listening to him talk about politics. i shudder when i hear of george clooney or rosie odonnell backing a candidate. it's inconsequential. by the same token, i wouldn't support giuliani simply because miller is behind him either.

All you've done here is state your OWN political stance. For instance, I think Dennis Miller walked off a cliff, humor-wise, when he decided to become a conservative. In fact, you are the first person I have heard even remotely think he is entertaining.

That said, I do not watch the View, do not listen to Rosie OR George Clooney, and wouldn't watch Miller on a bet. For political satire, I go with Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Bill Maher...which just shows MY political bent!

All you've done here is state your OWN political stance. For instance, I think Dennis Miller walked off a cliff, humor-wise, when he decided to become a conservative. In fact, you are the first person I have heard even remotely think he is entertaining.

That said, I do not watch the View, do not listen to Rosie OR George Clooney, and wouldn't watch Miller on a bet. For political satire, I go with Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Bill Maher...which just shows MY political bent!

i enjoy jon stewart and stephen colbert too, even when i disagree with them, they're freakin' hilarious.

....and here I am thinking you read the thread about Comedians. I like Bill Maher, until he goes full-on Lib on his show, lucky for him, he can pull it back sometimes. I would love to see Dennis Miller on Bill's show, just once, but you know THAT would never happen.

....and here I am thinking you read the thread about Comedians. I like Bill Maher, until he goes full-on Lib on his show, lucky for him, he can pull it back sometimes. I would love to see Dennis Miller on Bill's show, just once, but you know THAT would never happen.

Never clicked on it. Was Dennis Miller's fatal career move discussed?

i read a blog today that inferred dennis miller's move to the right was calculated to bolster his career.

Although I've never heard or seen Dennis Miller, I had heard that he shifted his politics from left to right. It appears that several of you are familiar with Miller and his comedy. Do you think that the move to the right was calculated to bolster his career as implied by the blog?

i can't agree more. when i see a comedian/actor get on a soap box regurgitating a time magazine or new york times article, or worse a michael moore film, i cringe. i'm thinking, you're an "actor", go make a movie. if i want political commentary, i certainly won't go to alicia silverstone. i will make an exception for dennis miller, though.

Why is it okay for Republican entertainers to go into politics and not Democrats? The list is pretty long - Arnold Schwartzenegger, Ronald Reagan, Fred Thompson, Sony Bono, Clint Eastwood, that guy from the Love Boat, etc...

Guest Marty
i read a blog today that inferred dennis miller's move to the right was calculated to bolster his career.

He said it was because of 9-11 change his way of seeing things, mind set etc...

Although I've never heard or seen Dennis Miller, I had heard that he shifted his politics from left to right. It appears that several of you are familiar with Miller and his comedy. Do you think that the move to the right was calculated to bolster his career as implied by the blog?

no

any comments on the rumor that Rosie is being considered to take over for Bob Barker on TPIR?

Rosie Odonell did meet with NBC Producers today in New York to discuss her posibility of hosting The Price is Right. Hate to say it wasn't a rumor. It's just she doesn't seem like the right person.

Rosie Odonell did meet with NBC Producers today in New York to discuss her posibility of hosting The Price is Right. Hate to say it wasn't a rumor. It's just she doesn't seem like the right person.

I have to agree with you on this ... not to mention that show would probably benefit from someone with long-term aspirations. Not someone who wants to stick around for a year or so.

Are you kidding, she would be perfect for that show. She gets her little monologue at the beginning of the show so she can rant, then at the end of each show she can remind everyone to spay or neuter anyone that disagrees with her point of view. Match made in Hell.

Other canadits were Drew Carey and another man from this season's Dancing with the Stars (forgot his name, sorry). Rosie just needs her own show again. She likes to be in controll of it all.

Archived