Our Modern Military - Just yesterday was D-Day, and today

Heights2Bastrop

Paris has been liberated!

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Paris Hilton was let out from jail Thursday morning, just days after she began serving her 45-day sentence for violating probation, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said at a press conference.

Hilton, who has been fitted with an electronic monitoring device, will serve the rest of her sentence from home, said Steve Whitmore of the sheriff's department. She will now be under the supervision of the L.A. County Probation Department, Whitmore added.

She will be confined to her home for 40 days, the remainder of her 45-day sentence.

Whitmore said the decision to have Hilton serve out her sentence at home was for medical reasons.

Hilton had been serving at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California. She gets credit for five days served, having entered the facility late Sunday night and left Thursday morning, Whitmore said.

Hilton checked into the facility to begin serving a sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. The sentence, originally 45 days, was reduced to 23 for various reasons, including good behavior. Whitmore said with the reassignment to home confinement, the sentence is back to its full 45 days.

Just a publicity stunt. Its en vogue for people like her to behave bad. It sells Tabloids and gets the rumor mills started. Cheap theatrics do get you places these days. They thought Jayne Mansfield was bizarre when she walked down Hollywood Blvd in a bikini or dropped her top by accident ;) while camermen stood nearby. Its part of the image building. Like Shelly Winters said, who the hell is this little tramp? She goes to a few parties and goes shopping, you call that a celebrity? Wallywood has truly bit the shark.

I think it was wrong of the police chief to send her home in the first place. She should be punished just like everyone else. I'm glad she got sent back to jail. Only if she would have just served her 23 days at first, now she has 45.

Guest Marty

I think this is the first time that she did not get her own way in her life " mommy mommy this is not right" Maybe this experience will derail the current track she is on, but i enjoyed the good laughs in this short but funny reality show/news.

Guest Marty
i think i will have nominate this as the funniest titled thread. i think the sheriff will be fired soon.

I think the Sheriff was elected like Roscoe P. Coltrane in Hazzard County. :lol:

Archived