The Woodlands Populaton

wxman

interfaith visits every new resident in the woodlands and surveys the people who dwell in each residence. according to interfaith figures and the woodlands development co. we were at 80K plus january 1, 2006. there were over 1200 new home sales in 2006. estimated figures i've seen floating around are close to 84,000.

I think you guys need to start a new topic. You guys are on a totally different subject.

However I did stumble across two arcticles on The Woodlands on Wikipedia. One is The Woodlands and the other is The Woodlands, TX. Strange...

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting that my assessment is unfair, but being subjected to someone else's belief system on my own front porch is not. By the way, I did not become agnostic from attending Catholic school. Catholic church and school bored me, but it did not turn me against religion. Since you bring it up, I will tell you that it was the particular brand of fire and brimstone, intolerant Christianity that is practiced by many in Texas that caused me to question religion. In North Carolina, even though they are very religious, they were a kinder, gentler religious (at least when I lived here). Once I moved to Texas, the in your face style was revolting to me. I questioned it, read up on it, and, unlike woody's theory, as an adult, rejected it.

I am very comfortable in my agnostic skin, with the exception that I, like millenica, tire of those who feel the urge to push THEIR religion in my face. Common courtesy, as dictated by the 90% majority, says you do not tell the religious to keep their "blessed day" comments to themselves. Therefore, I did not respond to the 2 emails and one voicemail I received JUST TODAY, wishing me a "blessed day". Like I said before, I really have better things to do.

I suppose you could call me prejudiced against religion, though prejudice generally refers to a class of people, not an institution. Not sure what it proves, but if that's the term you like, so be it. Having been raised Catholic, I liken my situation as more akin to a reformed smoker. But, if you REALLY want an example of prejudice, why not look at the percentage of Christians who would not vote for an atheist for president.

Red I certainly understand if a fruitcake is at your front door, you'll reject him or her just as I would. Also, your not the only one that can't stand religious nuts pushing there belief and doctrine, in fact it's an automatic rejection for most of us. Quite frankly I'm not sure what I beleive half the time, but I do know that to broad brush religion as has been done here, is simply wrong and unfounded.

I don't want to end up in a war here, in fact my bet is that if we were discussing this over a beer, we would probably have a lot more in common with this subject than you might think. I just have a problem with the broad brushing of all religion (specifically Christianity), and making it out as only the stupid people believe.

Let's just agree to dissagree.

• The title was changed to The Woodlands Populaton

Archived