Gays can Marry in Disney!

HtownWxBoy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Packs bags

It is a magical place, awesome news!

It really is. I went to Gay Days there once a few years back and I was shocked at how welcoming they were. I can't wait to go back one day.. that's one place I have no problem spending my money! :wub:

The last part of the story was kinda of funny.

In 2005, Southern Baptists ended an eight-year boycott of the Walt Disney Co. for violating "moral righteousness and traditional family values."

They gave up huh.

They ummmmm, never REALLY boycotted in the first place, they did publicly, but I am sure you could find a few Baptists running around a Disney park at any given time. It's kinda like how Baptists don't "drink". They tell you how "wrong" it is, then on Wednesdays at the Elk's lodge meeting they are the first ones tappin' the keg while the wives sneak a couple of shots of Brandy back at the house while Dad is out at the meeting. I've seen it a hundred times.

I have heard for years (RUMORS) that ol' Walt was actually gay himself, when they finally decide to thaw out his frozen head at the Cryogenics Lab, maybe we can ask him ?

<---------NOT a Baptist, btw.

The last part of the story was kinda of funny.

In 2005, Southern Baptists ended an eight-year boycott of the Walt Disney Co. for violating "moral righteousness and traditional family values."

They gave up huh.

Yea, the hate-filled Baptists thought Disney was actually going to care about the boycott and Disney didn't. After years of failed boycotts the freaks finally stopped and said something along the lines of..."we are going to focus on bigger issues". :rolleyes:

Bigger issues - Like the creation of Nazi-like death camps for the folks that scare them - just kidding (at least I hope I'm kidding, but you can never be too sure about hate-filled fanatics that would target cartoons, loving unions, and the happiest place on earth)

I would hope that there are bigger issues for the Baptists to worry about than a little, harmless, cute, gay mouse - like learning to practice some of the more positive messages from the bible. (if there are any)(I heard there were)

Just like all great visionaries and artists, Mr. Disney had to be at least, just a little gay to come up with some of the stuff he did. Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, ect. Not to mention, all the people he turned gay in the first place by creating this kind of stuff.

I was singing along with "someday my prince will come" from Snow White when I was 4 thanks to Mr. Disney. His company supplying us with a place to get married is the least they can do now. :)

Bigger issues - Like the creation of Nazi-like death camps for the folks that scare them - just kidding (at least I hope I'm kidding, but you can never be too sure about hate-filled fanatics that would target cartoons, loving unions, and the happy place on earth)

I would hope that there are bigger issues for the Baptists to worry about than a little, harmless, cute, gay mouse - like learning to practice some of the more positive messages from the bible. (if there are any)(I heard there were)

Just like all great visionaries and artists, Mr. Disney had to be at least, just a little gay to come up with some of the stuff he did. Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, ect. Not to mention, all the people he turned gay in the first place by creating this kind of stuff.

I was singing along with "someday my prince will come" from Snow White when I was 4 thanks to Mr. Disney. His company supplying us with a place to get married is the least they can do now. smile.gif

Your right.

I was singing along with "someday my prince will come" from Snow White when I was 4 thanks to Mr. Disney. His company supplying us with a place to get married is the least they can do now. smile.gif

J. M. Barrie wrote Peter Pan. Disney made an animated flick based on the story. j.m.barrie bio

My mom signed me up for some kind of Disney record club when I was young. I had Snow White, 101 Dalmations, The Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp, and many more on LP. I knew every word to every song and many of the lines. It was the entire movie on an album. This was before VCRs for you youngsters. You could see it at the movies, on Sunday nights (The Wonderful World of Disney - the number one reason I hated Sunday night church at six years old) or hear it on long play.

here are a couple of positive messages:

be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted and forgiving one another. even as god for christ's sake has forgiven you.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

love your neighbor as yourself.

and, one of my favorites:

1 Corinthians 13

1. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10. but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

11. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

12. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I digress. Disney is way cool.

Guest Marty

Kids + gay agenda = dead USA

Start your own amusement park . I am sure there's alot of money to be made and you don't have to worry about people like me who want there kids to be kids.

Guest Marty
kids + intolerance = dead USA

Good thing there already is amusement park for some folks. Its called Jesus camp.

You notice they started their own camp. :P peace out ;)

Mr. Disney didn't actually create Peter Pan, he just got the message out to the masses. Praise Jesus

intolerant adult + broken rubber = stupid kid

USA - stupid kid = better USA

just more confirmation that a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

here are a couple of positive messages:

be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted and forgiving one another. even as god for christ's sake has forgiven you.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

love your neighbor as yourself.

and, one of my favorites:

1 Corinthians 13

1. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10. but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

11. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

12. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I digress. Disney is way cool.

That some good stuff, Buchanon - thanks. Besides Mr. Disney, now I believe God is gay too.

BTW, I just thought of another one

intolerant adults + their stupid kids = braindead USA

Praise Jesus, this is fun, thanks for the idea Marty. I bet I could come up with a million of these. But I won't. One more and I'll probably be banished.

just more confirmation that a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I'd react to that but I don't know what it means.

Guest Marty

I am not religious the last time that i have been to church was 1988. I look at life in a more of a scientific fashion Mister X :D

Lighten up, Musicman, I didn't realize I was entering you into the equasion. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

And what an incredible, original way to express yourself. It was so clever, it went right over my head. Sounds like you have some first hand experience dealing with a wasted mind. :wacko:

Start your own amusement park . I am sure there's alot of money to be made and you don't have to worry about people like me who want there kids to be kids.

Good call there, Marty! Now go share your six-pack of Stupid Lite with musicman while the grown-ups talk. :P

And what an incredible, original way to express yourself. It was so clever, it went right over my head. Sounds like you have some first hand experience dealing with a wasted mind. :wacko:

yeah nmain's been here quite a while now.

It's a small world after all.

:closedeyes:

I think amusement parks will go the way of the dinosaur. Look at Six Flags ... they are NOT growing and in fact are closing up shop all over the place (anyone remember Astroworld?).

Guest Marty

I don't care about the financial status of a entertainment company. I just think mixing something unnatural to a developing child's mind is wrong, thats the best way i can explain it.

Unnatural...?

So, let's see ... a giant talking mouse, a magical kingdom ... MICHAEL JACKSON's EPCOT CENTER, Captain Hook, Peter Pan ARE natural...?

LOL

Relax. Those kids minds are already doomed if you think they are that impressionable and that their parents aren't a great influence on them and steering them in the 'right' directions.

Word of the day - Ignoranus: a person who is both stupid and an @$$hole.

This thread has all the makings of a war zone at Disneyland. Brutal but cute. Maybe we all need to take some time to read those positive messages out of the bible that Bachanon gave us. I, as a sleezy, sex addicted, amoral queer, am excused from practicing all of those things. But the true believers (not you Marty) should lead by example and turn the other cheek, then let Micky Mouse tie the knot for us.

It's funny that Disney is only just now performing gay marrage service. A Disney marriage ceremony sounds about as gay as it gets anyway. For any woman out there who is marrying a man who is willing to go through with a Disneyland marriage - don't be surprised when you find a hidden "Colt" dvd stashed away in the back of the closet. :o

I don't care about the financial status of a entertainment company. I just think mixing something unnatural to a developing child's mind is wrong, thats the best way i can explain it.

Wow. That just about the stupidest thing I have ever read in my entire life. It almost deserves some kind of award.

I bet, keeping your kids away from gay people won't make them straight. There must be a long list of places that are off-limits for homophobic families now days. For folks like Marty, the world is shrinking quicker than their sad, narrow, little minds.

Did I say Disneyland? This place is going to turn into frickin' Iraq now. A no win situation with misguided conservatives running for cover.

Archived