Cottage Grove Information & Developments

N8TIV

I was kind of hoping this would be developed like Sullivan Brothers are doing at 17th & Rutland, but given the speed at which the white townhouses on 17th and Ashland are selling, there is apparently some demand for that kind of thing in that part of the Heights ($100k lower price point helps).

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys,

Just been looking at purchasing a home in the area and noticed that alot of these developments have no parking.

I saw one development prob with 20 homes where the developer covered the ditch and created parking for it, while I see another with 28 homes and no parking at all for a single guest.

Just wanted to see if anyone could fill me in why the city doesnt require such a large development to create parking?

It just seems to make more sense. The day i drove by I notice that there was only 2 driveways to enter a 28 townhome development. What happens on trash day? All 28 homes are going to line up their trash on the street along with their recycling bins? That's going to be a sight to see,

I had a chance drive through this neighborhood the other day. It had been awhile since I'd been on those streets and yes it has happened just as I predicted. No parking for anybody other than one or mabey two spots for each homeowner. If you are a visitor to one of these upright homes, good luck finding a safe place to park without offending a neighbor or getting towed.The few remaining traditional homes that have street front parking have the only places available and if I were in one of those older homes, I'd park out front daily just to claim my spot to piss other people off, 'cause that's the kind of guy I am.

Looks to me like 311 needs to be more proactive about all the new illegal "private" parking restrictions on public rights of way. Check out the front of Bacchus on Dunlavy and Missouri. Also seeing various lines of large rocks that sprout to prevent any parking at all.

This one is in Shady Acres. Photo taken from the street. Note sidewalk location.

post-7654-0-06805500-1406248197_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...

from Cohen's enewsletter

Council Member Cohen and the Public Works & Engineering Department invite you to discuss the Cottage Grove neighborhood (north of I-10 portion).

PUBLIC MEETING: COTTAGE GROVE
POTENTIAL RECONSTRUCTION
Monday, October 26, 2015
6PM - 7:30PM
Texas Department of Transportation
6810 Old Katy Road | 77024 (MAP)

While there is no current project programmed for Cottage Grove, Council Member Cohen has requested that Public Works review and evaluate the neighborhood for consideration of a potential future project. To better meet your needs, input is requested regarding streets, drainage ditches, on-street parking, sidewalks, and bike routes. Join us for a presentation and break-out sessions at the community meeting or please submit your comments by November 30, 2015, via email: pweplanning@houstontx.gov

• The title was changed to Billboards On Durham Dr.
  • The title was changed to Land Cleared On W. 25th St.

Archived