Street Names In The Woodlands?

CreekDweller

Actually, that is two different roads. Heading north on I-45, Rayford Rd. runs to the east from the interstate and Sawdust Rd. to the west. Also, gotta be careful at the intersection of Sawdust & Sawmill. :lol:

That almost fits the image & perception perfectly. Careful for crossing cows and pigs. All we need is Mr. Haney selling junk from his old jalopy truck. :lol:

wallpaper_HaneysTruck_thumb.jpg

What happens to street names after Houston annexes a place? For instance, Berlin has a lot of "Hauptstrassen" (Main St) because Greater Berlin was created out of of 8 cities and 59 rural communities... So did Clear Lake or Kingswood have a Main St and what happened to them?

I really can't stand street names that refer to geographical features that are specific to another area of the state or country. Houston is guilty of this, but to give a completely ridiculous example - there is some subdivision in Dallas that has a nautical theme in it's street names and marketing materials!

What happens to street names after Houston annexes a place? For instance, Berlin has a lot of "Hauptstrassen" (Main St) because Greater Berlin was created out of of 8 cities and 59 rural communities... So did Clear Lake or Kingswood have a Main St and what happened to them?

as far as i know names aren't unique here. i know of 2 monroes.

I really can't stand street names that refer to geographical features that are specific to another area of the state or country. Houston is guilty of this, but to give a completely ridiculous example - there is some subdivision in Dallas that has a nautical theme in it's street names and marketing materials!

The only time I can agree that a nautical theme is ok is when it is a beachside community or marina like in the case of Marina Del Rey, Ca. the streets are ex: Admiralty Way, Fiji Way, etc. Other peculiar names I have know are La Cienega Blvd or La Tijera street (Spanish origins of course) then in the SFO Bay area there was an exit called Bel Marin Keys Blvd again, there was a big marina nearby. Kemah has nice ones too like Ocean Crest and of course theres my old Fav Knot's Landing :P I miss Valene. :wub:

• The title was changed to Street Names In The Woodlands?

Archived