New Bars/Clubs/Restaurants In Midtown

As far as I know there are four new places scheduled to open this coming year in Midtown. The four I know of are Pub Fiction, Deco Lounge, Light Bar and Lounge, and The Bond Lounge. Has anyone heard of any other new Restaurants or bars opening in Midtown?

Pub fiction is just east of specs in 2303 smith. (its the people who started bar houston and will have lots of pool tables)

Deco diner is not happening, they want to lease / sell it to someone else.

Where are the others?

Pub Fiction will have one or two pools tables. It is by no means a Slick Willie's. Deco Lounge is next BW3's. The Bond Lounge is at 2700 Miliam (construction has started). Light Bar is going to be next to Midtown Cleaners and Subway right there on Bagby.

As far as I know there are four new places scheduled to open this coming year in Midtown.  The four I know of are Pub Fiction, Deco Lounge, Light Bar and Lounge, and The Bond Lounge.  Has anyone heard of any other new Restaurants or bars opening in Midtown?

Everytime I see you (JFC), I think of "Kentucky Fried Chicken"

Hey, but that's just me.......

What development do you think Midtown needs?

Well if I had my druthers there would be more of a base of owned residential. I realize though that this may not be a realistic outcome for most of Midtown. It's just that with the bus station and problems with prostituion, vagrants, sex clubs, and crime, too many bars is the last thing the neighborhood needs.

While I may agree with you on that, subdude; I have witnessed in chicago how every few spaces (in certain sections of town) there are bars just below the residential complexes which also have small stores and such.

The bars (of a few I visited) only seem to be fairly small hole-in-the-walls that only the local regulars seem to frequent.

The bars will weed themselves out in time, this is an evolutionary time in Midtowns development where only the strong (Read: loyalty) will be able to survive in such a climate.

Ricco

There is nothing wrong with new bars and clubs opening in Midtown. The key is you want the right kind of owners. For example, I do not want to see Midtown turn into a Main Street. However, the owners moving here have been Red Door and Copa types. Both of these clubs and their owners are stand up individuals.

As far as I know there are four new places scheduled to open this coming year in Midtown.  The four I know of are Pub Fiction, Deco Lounge, Light Bar and Lounge, and The Bond Lounge.  Has anyone heard of any other new Restaurants or bars opening in Midtown?

Thanks the info! I had heard about Pub Fiction (website: http://www.pubfiction.com/) and Bond Lounge (website: http://bondhouston.com/), but not the other two.

A month or two ago I heard about a place called Komodos @ 2004 Baldwin (behind Front Porch), but I don't know really anything about it.

Has anything gone in where Seven/U Bar used to be under those lofts on Bagby?

Also, every month 002 mag has been saying that Red Star is closed, but they just put up a brand new sign there and it's always packed with people. What's up with that?

Also, for a Midtown vibe in Downtown, check out Six Degrees Lounge. It's been open just over a month, and is pretty nice, but small.

Light bar? Is that at the same place as Seven and U Bar was?

There's that sports bar on W. Gray - uh, Splash? or do I have the name wrong. Anyone checked it out?

No, Light Bar is going in next to the Subway and Midtown Cleaners on Bagby. They are not going to put another club in where Seven used to be.

W. Gray sports bar is called the Wet Spot.

Archived