Houston Cougars!

texas911

Hey just wanted to give a shout out that the Univeristy of Houston Cougars are 3-0 and are probably the best team in the city. They have a big big game at beautiful Robertson Stadium on campus with the 3-0 Oklahoma State Cowboys this Saturday at 8pm. Late start because of TV. So come out and support you local team. Come early and enjoy the tailgating scene, its very friendly and very well attended.

Go Coogs!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Coogs have a tough schedule with Miami coming up later this month. Still, when was the last time UH went 3-0?

Last time UH started 3-0 was 1990, when the Coogs finished in the Top 10 with a 10-1 record.

I'll be there around 4pm tomorrow...in Chug-A-Lug Park.

No better place to watch a football game in Houston than Robertson Stadium. The improvements made this offseason (new scoreboard, the banners under the stadium displaying our history, the new lighting) have made the experience that much better.

Here's a picture from last weekend's game with Grambling (one of the best halftimes I've ever seen...and it was UH's Spirit of Houston band that stole the show!)

66978579.DpZJxDbQ.IMG_6996.jpg

(photo by Stephen Pinchback)

i am a freshman at UH and i went to the game this past saturday...i should have been studying for my Chem midterm but i couldn't miss a game against a Big 12 team...awesome game, the atmosphere was great and the rain at the end made it that much better...the tailgaiting was awesome..food everywhere...support the local team on the next home game guys this team's high powered offense is fun to watch

We got robbed! But still a one point loss to the mighty Maimi Hurrcanes is pretty good. The Coogs are back in action at home this Saturday against the University of Louisiana Lafayette. We should win this one easily, another 40+ game for the Coogs. Weather will be beautiful so you guys come out and check out the best team in Houston!

• 1 month later...
we should be able to beat them...our offense relies on Kolb and correct me if i am wrong, but i think that SMU's pass defense is the worst in CUSA

SMU also has the best run defense in the league, and leads CUSA in sacks as well.

UH isn't going to win without a running game.

In our seven wins we average 190 yds/game rushing...in our three losses, we average 56 yds/game rushing.

It's easy to see the key to stopping the Coogs.

SMU is beatable, but the Coogs have shown to be capable of beating themselves (Miami, ULaLa).

Should be a hell of a game.

Hats off the the coogs from a fellow alum here. They are 6-1 in C-USA and 8-3 overall with the comeback win against SMU yesterday. 37-27 was the final score. Also Rice beat Tulsa in OT 41-38 which means the coogs are C-USA western division champs and earned a berth in the C-USA championship game. Now, all they have to do is beat Memphis next week and we'll be hosting the Championship game...

WHO's HOUSE? that's right, COOGS HOUSE!!

C-USA championship game Dec 1st, hopefully at Robertson Stadium.

GO COOGS!!

UH goes 8-3, and the alumni and fans go wild. Meanwhile, over at www.TexAgs.com, they are slitting their wrists and jumping off the press box at Kyle Field over the 8-3 Aggies.

Interesting.

I think I'll just take off my Aggie ring and hang with you Coogs for awhile. You guys seem to appreciate an 8-3 record a little more.

Great job, and I'll be at Robertson cheering with ya! :D

UH goes 8-3, and the alumni and fans go wild. Meanwhile, over at www.TexAgs.com, they are slitting their wrists and jumping off the press box at Kyle Field over the 8-3 Aggies.

Interesting.

I think I'll just take off my Aggie ring and hang with you Coogs for awhile. You guys seem to appreciate an 8-3 record a little more.

Great job, and I'll be at Robertson cheering with ya! :D

It's all about expectations. The Aggies expect more, we should be contenders year in, year out. The Coogs aren't at that spot yet. Hopefully they can be again.

SMU also has the best run defense in the league, and leads CUSA in sacks as well.

UH isn't going to win without a running game.

In our seven wins we average 190 yds/game rushing...in our three losses, we average 56 yds/game rushing.

Coogs did what they needed to do: they ran the ball all over SMU's D. SMU had the #10 rush defense in the nation before the Coogs ran for 357 yards on 'em!

225 yds on 13 carries for Anthony Alridge, including TWO 77-yard TD runs.

136 yds on 15 carries for Jackie Battle. He *only* averaged 9 yds/carry, as opposed to Alridge's 17.5 yd/carry.

Our strong running game made up for one of Kevin Kolb's worst halves ever...only 12 yards passing in the first half for Kolb.

Archived