Austin Woman Run Over By Train

Heights2Bastrop

You might think this is old news, but it's not. Can you believe a second woman has been run over by a train in Austin?

As you may recall, Miss Deaf Texas was killed by a train while walking on the tracks, supposedly while text messaging. The woman hit yesterday was luckier; she is in serious condition but still alive.

You might think this is old news, but it's not. Can you believe a second woman has been run over by a train in Austin?

As you may recall, Miss Deaf Texas was killed by a train while walking on the tracks, supposedly while text messaging. The woman hit yesterday was luckier; she is in serious condition but still alive.

WTF? You serious?

Is there a link to the story?

just when i was thinking beauty queens werent all that stupid, this proved me wrong...

Oh yeah, lets walk downt the tracks txting so we cant see the trains coming, especially since we wont be hearing it coming anytime soon...

Okay, i know its sad tragedy etc etc...

CLARIFICATION

Tara, Miss Deaf Texas, was walking ALONG, not on, the railroad tracks while text messaging to her mother that she was on her way to see her. She would have been OK if it wasn't for the snowplow that extended approximately 16 inches over the metal tracks on each side. That snowplow edge was what hit her, killing her.

Please read my reply I posted somewhere here. I am new here, had to register after I came across this message board.

Please don't insult us deaf people. We are NOT stupid.

either way its never a good idea to be walking that close to railroad tracks...im also at a lost at how the vibrations of the ground couldnt have been an indication. these trains are massive and make the ground shake from a quarter mile away

• The title was changed to Austin Woman Run Over By Train

Archived