editor

Ah this guys ignorant that's all. As much as we try we will not enlighten him. I wish everyone could understand that different people have different needs and desires in thier lives. But people in general are too closed minded to see past thier own front porch sometimes. This person has obviously not seen the kind of devlopment or quality of homes or the quality of life that we enjoy out on the far west side. And even when if they do travel out to Cinco Ranch their preconcieved notions will force them to find something insignifigant to further support thier biased.

I've lived in Katy for 22 years. Somehow, we managed to survive quite nicely without "masterplanned communities," big box crap and massive commutes for much of that time.

I and many others moved here originally to be away from all of the "conveniences" and managed to build a very secure, sedate lives in a semi-rural settig without malls, strip centers, McMansions, etc. Increasingly, Katy is looking like Generica...aka: Everywhereville, America. It's sad, it's pathetic and it's entirely unnecessary.

I've lived in Katy for 22 years. Somehow, we managed to survive quite nicely without "masterplanned communities," big box crap and massive commutes for much of that time.

I and many others moved here originally to be away from all of the "conveniences" and managed to build a very secure, sedate lives in a semi-rural settig without malls, strip centers, McMansions, etc. Increasingly, Katy is looking like Generica...aka: Everywhereville, America. It's sad, it's pathetic and it's entirely unnecessary.

Old Katy, or New Katy ? Old Katy out towards Hockley ? You have absolutely nothing to worry about. New Katy along 99 south, lots of development, that ain't stoppin anytime soon.

Gettaclue, I have some land in Liberty county, near Kiln, that I assure you will not be affected by "sprawl" for at least another 22 years. I will happily sell it to YOU. At a very good price also.

Edited by TJones

Well, you can't say you didn't see it coming. Houston has always been expanding at an incredible rate and will continue to do so for quite a long time.

Let's see, if I were a Katy local, what would I do? Me, if I found encroaching civilization such a burden, I'd sell my house for a nice profit, buy something in Fulshear, and when civilization takes that place over in about, oh, 5 years or so I'd sell again (this time hopefully for an even bigger profit since the extension of Westpark will make Fulshear a bedroom community for wealthy Galleria workers) and move to rural Arizona and live like a king.

Well where ever you go here or " Arizona" its all filling up with new homes. I just moved from California, i could have moved anywhere in texas, but i chose the ' Cinco Ranch" area. Its very nice here, schools are big, and development is going at a good speed. Trust me just in my street alone their are four families who also moved from California. So homes will continue to be put up, especially because the homes here arent " too-expensive". :lol:

It was a little dark this morning when I left the house, but there is now a construction/environmental fence up around the property and some underground/sewer work has begun. Looked like there was some equipment on the back/south part of the property so it should be underway.

• 2 weeks later...

They have released some tenant names:

"Retailers such as Merle Norman, Cold Stone Creamery, Talbots and The Wine Next Door have already signed on to open stores at the new center.

Meanwhile, White House Black Market, Coldwater Creek, Eddie Bauer, Jos. A. Bank, Berryhill Baja Grill and Ann Taylor Loft are in negotiations to open stores at LaCenterra."LaCenterra tenants

• 3 months later...

I was looking over the e-brochure and found that they show that the land across from Super Target is going to be a Lowes. Just what we need! 2 Lowes and 2 Home Depots. Why can't we get something useful like a Pappasitos or Olive Garden;) I guess it could be worse. It could be another nail salon or bank...

I was looking over the e-brochure and found that they show that the land across from Super Target is going to be a Lowes. Just what we need! 2 Lowes and 2 Home Depots. Why can't we get something useful like a Pappasitos or Olive Garden;) I guess it could be worse. It could be another nail salon or bank...

for those in south/west Cinco or seven meadows it will be more convienient than dealing with the stop and go traffic going up mason or dealing with I-10 on the weekend.

Besides I'm sure you know they always throw in a lowes within 3 miles of a home depot and vice-versa.

nature of the beast. i would prefer to have one or the other. as they sell the same crap. i prefer lowes

you really want an olive garden! :ph34r:

Lowes may own the land and I've noticed that on the LaCenterra site, but it looks like the current contruction activity is actually some strip center or pad sites on the street frontage. Per the FBCAD, it is one lot, but there were signs up (may still be there) regarding rezoning on that property. Was most likely creating some parcels on Westheimer frontage.

I've heard they are having some trouble getting some restaruants interested in LaCenterra due to lower daytime populations. If they could get more of the office space leased on the 2nd floors it should help drive higher daytime population and visitors to the developement.

• 2 weeks later...
What we need is an Olive Garden and a Hooter's for cryin out loud. I have looked into both, need someone to invest about $200k or so with me to make it happen. :mellow:

We have a friend who is a manager w/ Olive Garden and he says that it is in the plans, but probably at least a year away. Nothing definite yet.

I also heard that a La Madeline was going in near JC Penney's and Cinemark, but time will tell. My mom is a frequent diner there and was told this when she inquired of the manager at either the T&C or Westheimer/ Gessner location.

La Centerra needs a CHAMPS. I hate going all the way over to West Oaks.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Champps is in the process of closing the Willowbrook and Royal Oaks (Westheimer) locations in Houston, leaving only the Uptown Park location near the Galleria. :angry:

• 1 month later...
What we need is an Olive Garden and a Hooter's for cryin out loud. I have looked into both, need someone to invest about $200k or so with me to make it happen. :mellow:

We need a "Ragun Cajun" and "Goode Company BBQ". My life will then be complete.

• 2 weeks later...
The things they're building clearly already exist elsewhere about town. Why move out away from it all and then declare, "Ohhh, we need a CVS out here!" What increasingly does not exist is peace, quiet and unpaved space. More of those kinds of things would indeed be progress.

So, using your logic, going back to the "pioneer days" would be the complete scenario.

I like more a "rural" setting. With all the Housing/Commercial Mega Developments in the Katy Area (Cinco Ranch) we have the risk of becoming the next Sharpstown... :(

http://www.texasfreeway.com/Houston/photos...n_history.shtml

I really don't feel upscale retail would put us in danger of being the next Sharpstown. One finds nice retail and restaurants in affluent suburbs everywhere and they do not all subsequently become ghettos.

Well to the looks of things A BANK IS POPPING UP. THERE ALMOST DONE WITH IT.