Sign in to follow this  
twisterhunt

1124 Usener St (Studewood at Usener)

Hey everyone - long time reader, first time poster. Looks like a new restaurant / bar is in the works just south of White Oak Drive where a couple bungalows used to sit at Studemont and Usener. Noticed a lot of activity at that corner over the past couple weeks, and appears permits (can't seem to get my screenshot to post) were sold back in late 2018 for a new wine bar and restaurant. If this pans out, should help make that stretch of Studemont a bit nicer and compliment the large project proposed across the street where the office building currently sits (if that ever gets built).

• Like 2

I’ve been wondering what that plot was developing into. Thanks for posting. Always nice to see more commercial development near the white oak x studewood intersection. Any links to the permit information you’ve found?

Here's the permit info, luckily it let me post a screenshot this AM. Looks like the dates are from Oct 2018 - 3K square feet would pretty be decent-sized for a restaurant / wine bar!

Usener Permits.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 10:20 AM, twisterhunt said:

Hey everyone - long time reader, first time poster. Looks like a new restaurant / bar is in the works just south of White Oak Drive where a couple bungalows used to sit at Studemont and Usener. Noticed a lot of activity at that corner over the past couple weeks, and appears permits (can't seem to get my screenshot to post) were sold back in late 2018 for a new wine bar and restaurant. If this pans out, should help make that stretch of Studemont a bit nicer and compliment the large project proposed across the street where the office building currently sits (if that ever gets built).

I was wondering what was going on here! That’s great news!

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

Isn't that Studewood? I think it changes name north of IH 10.

Yep! It's Studewood. Got that changed...

• Like 1

I think Montrose/Studemont/Studewood change names at the bayous (there was some confusion a while ago about someone drowning in the 1100 blk of Studewood, turns out it was 1100 Studemont, under the bike trail, north of I-10, south of White Oak Bayou.

Still waiting for that map of all the 100 blocks in Houston to see where the N/S line is (close to Buffalo Bayou, excluding the Heights?)

12 hours ago, SamHouston said:

I think Montrose/Studemont/Studewood change names at the bayous (there was some confusion a while ago about someone drowning in the 1100 blk of Studewood, turns out it was 1100 Studemont, under the bike trail, north of I-10, south of White Oak Bayou.

Still waiting for that map of all the 100 blocks in Houston to see where the N/S line is (close to Buffalo Bayou, excluding the Heights?)

North/South barriers tend to change on bayous. North Shepherd and Shepherd's line is White Oak Bayou, not I-10, similar to how West Loop's North/South line is Buffalo Bayou, not the interstates (or even the railroads). It looks like Buffalo Bayou marks where Studemont becomes Montrose, and White Oak marks Studemont/Studewood. Notable exceptions include Main becoming South Main at the border of Rice's campus.