Railway Heights: 8200 Washington Avenue

Urbannizer

Originally posted May 21, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 
retrieve  everything I contributed to this forum, mostly what was posted on the first page last year (included earlier renderings, archived links to leasing brochures, and earlier reports of the project). However I was able to save pages 2 and 3 from this thread and will repost content I shared (and found) previously from those pages.

• In the investor comment section of Railway Heights' NextSeed campaign, someone asked when the market and food hall portion will open.  Company of Nomads, the  operators of Railway Heights, wrote it will open March 2020. This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

But the timeline for Railway Market on the NextSeed site shows an opening for November 2020.

• Another person asked about the leasing options for the food hall vendors and grocery vendors. Company of Nomads gave this response:

Lease 3 months to 1 year for retail. 1 year to 3 year for restaurants. 1 year to 3 year for grocery store concepts with pop ups weekly.

• Another question asked:

A very interesting concept & something I see will be a value addition to Houston but having said that here under are my questions: The location will close enough to the stated areas in the video, it still feels like a isolated space. Usually, for such 'market place' to have thrived I have seen them in a location which is accessible in multiple ways (subway close by, bike-able, walk-able - you get the picture). So, what are the factors that made you put Railway Heights @ this location?

Company of Nomad's response:

The main purpose of this location was to find something centrally located yet underserved and relatively affordable piece of dirt that allowed us to charge the rents we’re able to charge in hopes of attracting mom and pops, local farmers, local artisans etc. When surveying location the behind the scenes numbers play a big part in making sure it’s a viable venture for everyone involved. This location is also actually very bike-able as there is a bike trail and bike station being built under the overpass. It’s an underserved area that has tons of development including over 1000 new luxury townhomes but not a lot of grocery stores, bars or restaurants. It’s centrally located with quick and easy access to Memorial, downtown, galleria, heights, montrose and Washington Military areas important for the guests coming from all over parts of town and beyond.

Originally posted May 21, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 
retrieve  everything I contributed to this forum, mostly what was posted on the first page last year (included earlier renderings, archived links to leasing brochures, and earlier reports of the project). However I was able to save pages 2 and 3 from this thread and will repost content I shared (and found) previously from those pages.

Railway Heights updated its NextSeed funding campaign page. There are more details and renderings that when the page went live earlier this month. 

More renderings of Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston, from their NextSeed campaign. 

Renderings are of the beer garden that has no name yet.

zl2VRqX.jpg
(direct link)

guvSOZf.jpg
(direct link)

I wasn't  able to 

More restaurants or food vendors for the food hall portion of Railway Heights in Houston. This is the development under construction at 8200 Washington Ave.

From Railway Heights' crowdfunding campaign with NextSeed, there are two more possible food vendors named: AL Quick Stop and Pierogi Queen. 

Neither are named as food vendors, but photos of their food used under the portion on the food hall implies it. 

In October, Eater Houston reported AL Quick Stop's planned expansion. There was no location reported:

Popular Middle Eastern eatery and convenience store Al Quick Stop will open a second location. The restaurant announced the expansion on Facebook on Tuesday, but a representative was not yet ready to confirm to Eater where it will open just yet.

https://houston.eater.com/2018/10/17/17988422/al-quick-stop-expansion-one-armed-scissor-open

I wasn't  able to 

More thorough details on each portion of phase 1 of Railway Heights. It contains information previously reported and new details.

This is the development under construction at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. It will include a market, food hall, beer garden, dog park and dog bar, gree space, automated parking garage, and micro apartments / container apartments.

From Railway Heights' crowdfunding campaign with NextSeed:

Overview of Railway Heights:

Railway Heights Market is a community within itself, comprised of a large market with local vendors, an outdoor beer garden, dog park and family park. Integrated into a new mixed-use development that includes a complex of micro-apartments, a creative office space and a dedicated 600-car garage, Railway Heights Market will bring a complete food, drink and play concept to the area.

The core concept of Railway Heights Market is to create a place that supports local artisans, farmers and restaurateurs – and gives them a platform to develop exciting and cutting-edge food trends. The curated selection of vendors allows for a collaborative spirit in the market and a wholly unique experience for the customer at each juncture. 

In the 27,000-square-foot two-story market, the first floor will be anchored by artisan stalls, a coffee roastery and grocers. Here you’ll find some of the highest quality fruit and vegetables in Houston alongside a selection of so-called “ugly” produce (items deemed “unfit” for sale because of their appearance) in the fight against America’s food waste problem. Nine artisan produce stalls showcasing the best of Texas will also be located on the first floor of the market. Independent butchers, cheesemongers, bakers and more will bring farm-to-market food options to an underdeveloped part of the city. 

The second floor will feature 20 eateries with cuisines spanning the globe, divided between typical food hall counters and eight short-term lease “hawker stalls”, which will spotlight a constantly rotating assortment of casual, street food style chefs. Interspersed among the upstairs food options will be another 20 retail shops. They’ll represent a diverse collection of local independent sellers and some of Houston’s brightest entrepreneurs, offering an eclectic array of everything from handmade jewelry to vintage clothing, artwork, music, creative gifts and more.

Also upstairs, a central glass atrium will be the setting for an impressive wine bar with an extensive selection. A cutting-edge salad bar filled with produce grown hydroponically onsite in recycled freight containers will provide a healthier complement to the other prepared food options. Additionally, a cafeteria-style eatery called Watever Fresh will cater specifically to those with vegetarian, vegan, paleo, or keto diets. Watever Fresh will also be piloting a new healthy school lunch program using the kitchens from Railway Heights Market.

The building itself will be modeled on a grand European railway station and designed by award-winning local firm, Method Architecture. Surrounding the market building, the atmospheric heart of the complex, are outdoor areas for socializing. A 10,000-square-foot beer garden is accessible through the main entrance or a cantilevering glass wall from inside, supplying 100 different beers on tap — the best assortment of brewers for miles around, served from a bar made from freight containers. One end of the beer garden will host a stage for small musical acts. At the other end of the lawn will be a 5,000-square-foot dog park with its own separate bar with pre-mixed juice pouch cocktails for visitors to enjoy alongside their furry friends.

The backside of the dog park bar will connect to a 22,000-square-foot family park, offering homemade juice pouches (sans alcohol) and general refreshments. The family park will also serve as a versatile venue for events and community gatherings. Most remarkable of all the outdoor attractions has to be the railway tracks which sweep past the property and give it an unrivaled view of the stunning machines as they steam into the city.

https://www.nextseed.com/offerings/railway-heights/about/#company-description

Also this from the Marketing section:

The on-site grocery store will offer home essentials and be open in the early morning to the evenings, the main market will be open during lunch and dinner and the bar will open mid-day and continue to stay open later into the evening. 

https://www.nextseed.com/offerings/railway-heights/about/#business-model

I wasn't  able to 

More thorough details on each portion of phase 1 of Railway Heights. It contains information previously reported and new details.

This is the development under construction at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. It will include a market, food hall, beer garden, dog park and dog bar, gree space, automated parking garage, and micro apartments / container apartments.

THE FIRST FLOOR

Ten Market Stalls

The first floor will feature the market’s artisan heart. Closest to the glass atrium will be ten market stall-style concepts including bakers, butchers, fishmongers, cheesemongers and more. Customers can interact directly with sellers to learn more about their wares. These market stalls will have cheaper rents than anywhere else in the complex to assist new and less-experienced vendors. This prioritization of growth and innovation over conservative business practices is represented throughout Railway Heights Market. The tenants of the market stalls will pay base rent plus a percentage of sales generated. 

The ground floor will only contain artisan concepts, so these vendors will not have to compete with full-service restaurants, making visitors much more likely to purchase smaller artisan items to enjoy in the communal outdoor spaces.

Farmers Market

On the weekends, Railway Heights Market will host a local farmers market that starts at the entrance of the promenade and leads into the first-floor grocery store. For small businesses, this lends them the opportunity to gain exposure to visitor traffic that is entering Railway Heights Market, while giving them a chance at having a permanent location. In addition, any leftover produce can be purchased by Railway Heights Market for its ugly produce section for resale at the market during the week. Finally, in this more sustainable ecosystem, any produce not sold in the ugly produce section will be sold to Watever Fresh and other food stalls at the market.

General Store Concept

In addition to the 10 market stalls, there will be a catch-all general store section that will sell convenience items such as toothpaste, shampoo, and the like. The grocery at Railway Heights Market will also feature a selection of ugly produce and a zero-waste bulk goods section, both of which will be easy ways for shoppers to reduce the environmental impact of their purchases. It is a mutually beneficial relationship with market-stall produce vendors: any produce that is not sold will be purchased and distributed by the grocery store. Identifying an operator who has experience with perishable inventory and managing large teams will be a critical component of the ground floor. 

Coffee Shop & Roastery

A coffee shop and roastery will roast coffee beans daily and serve the best coffee from all over the world. 

Non-affiliated Creative Office Space

The remaining space in the first floor of the Railway Heights Market building will be creative office space that is also separate from the Railway Heights Market project. 

I wasn't  able to 

THE SECOND FLOOR

Twenty Food Concepts

Upstairs, visitors will find a food hall containing 20 diverse eatery options. Each will occupy its own small modular footprint within the space, signing a renewable one-year lease with a low base rent commitment plus a percentage of sales. If a vendor is looking to grow into a bigger space, the flexible layout within Railway allows for adjacent spaces to be merged into one. Joining the food stalls is a commissary kitchen for their use, as well as eight additional smaller, fully-built “hawker stalls.” The hawker stalls will feature pop-up chefs and brand-new food concepts, with the furnished stalls available for lease in three-month increments to keep the market constantly refreshed. Hawker stalls will not be charged rent, but will instead pay a higher percentage of net sales. Hawkers can renew their lease upon exceeding a certain sales threshold. These Hawker stalls will allow fresh concepts focused on what they are good at to incubate their ideas into a more permanent lease and new business venture with nearly no risk in startup or operational costs.

Identifying and curating complementary concepts will be part of the magic of the space, calling on the team’s experience with Conservatory Food Hall. Full meals, specialty dishes, ethnic and local fare, desserts and beverages of all types will rotate through. No matter how many times guests visit, there will always be something new to check out. 

Food vendors have shown a high level of interest in Railway since the project was announced in July 2018. The team is carefully interviewing candidates and anticipates it will have built up a waitlist nearly six months in advance. The constant maintenance of that list will allow for a consistently high occupancy rate.

Twenty Retail Concepts

The second floor will house the market’s retail concepts, also structured as tenants paying base rent plus a percentage of sales. Twenty independent sellers of goods such as vintage clothing, handmade gifts, jewelry, crafts, and more will be interspersed among the food options, creating a vibrant atmosphere with many attractions. Retail vendors will have more flexible lease terms of 3, 6, and 12 months. Railway Heights Market is curating small artisans, craftsmen, and artists who aren’t necessarily looking to have a retail space, but who need to do retailing activities, such as setting up a booth at their local farmer’s market to get the word out about their business. 

Wine Bar

Central to the upstairs action will be the wine bar, located under a magnificent glass atrium and featuring an affordable and approachable wine list. Here, bottles of wine can be purchased under an off-premises license for consumption at home or in one of the market’s outdoor spaces. The Railway Heights Market team has focused primarily on using a wine-on-tap system where wine is housed in stainless steel kegs to reduce spoilage from oxidation, while also meeting customer demands by serving smaller tasting pours. This gives customers access to a greater sampling of wine while reducing inventory spoilage costs for Railway Heights Market. 

Salad Bar

One of the more innovative components of Railway Heights Market is the hydroponic salad bar, Let Us. Salad boxes can be purchased from a vending machine (cutting down on labor costs) and then filled from the plentiful healthy options on offer, including greens grown onsite in hydroponic freight container farms. Growing the lettuce on-site will ensure a fresh and readily available product for consumers while keeping costs lower than if purchased from an outside supplier. The Railway Heights Market team will use this first shipping container as a pilot in hydroponic growing and plans to expand this program to include more growers and containers in the future. 

Farm-based Fresh and Takeout Meals

For those truly dedicated to a healthy eating lifestyle, Railway Heights Market will offer a healthy meals concept called Watever Fresh. This spot provides a variety of cafeteria-style prepared healthy foods made from the freshest produce from local farmers that's friendly to vegetarian, vegan, paleo and keto diets. Produce will be delivered daily and “whatever’s delivered” will be made into that day’s menu. Much of the leftover produce from the Ugly Produce section will be sold to this concept. Watever Fresh will be open during lunch and dinner hours when locals in the neighboring area are looking for a quick and healthy alternative to complement a busy lifestyle. 

I wasn't  able to 

OUTDOORS 

Beer Garden

In the 13,000-square-foot beer garden, there will be over 100 local, domestic, and imported beers and beer-centric cocktails — like shandy — that can be found on tap. One notable facet of the garden will be the view of the market through the building’s glass wall. Visitors in the beer garden can observe the hustle and bustle taking place within the market and those visiting the market can bring food into the beer garden to be enjoyed amongst a varying selection of beer. Containers will be used in the beer garden to complement the surrounding area's industrial feel, while also reducing material costs. Rental payments from this establishment will be part of the revenue stream for the Issuer.

Dog Park

The dog park will be located at the end of the beer garden to make use of an underutilized space. Within it will be a dog park bar called SitBar, managed by a soon-to-be-announced operator who will oversee park maintenance and day to day operations of the bar. There will be a membership component to the dog park, which will ensure that the space is not overutilized and will be made available to visitors. The team pursued this concept due to the rise of dog parks in metropolitan cities and with the area once being home to the former location of Boneyard Drinkery , a previous dog park and bar that shut down after the property was sold - this was a concept they wanted to re-incorporate into the space. The next nearest dog park and bar is in Austin, Texas. Sit Bar will offer a limited selection of hard liquor, alcoholic cocktail pouches, and non-alcoholic juice pouches for kids while enjoying the outdoors. Rental payments from this establishment will be part of the revenue stream for the Issuer.

Family Park

The family park will be a 22,000-square-foot amenity meant for visitors of all ages. The Railway Heights Market team has partnered with the property’s developer to coordinate and plan the outdoor space. If a visitor wants a change of scenery and wants to enjoy their lunch or dinner outside, there will be enough green space to have a picnic or relax in the park’s many shaded areas. The team will manage the planning of events and programming at the park, attracting more people to visit Railway Heights Market.

I wasn't  able to 

Additional details of phases 2 and 3 of Railway Heights, regarding the automated parking garage and apartments from  Eazy Park.

This contains information previously reported and new details.

This is the development under construction at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. It will include a market, food hall, beer garden, dog park and dog bar, green space, automated parking garage, and micro apartments / container apartments.

OTHER FACETS OF THE DEVELOPMENT EXTERNAL TO THIS INVESTMENT

Non-affiliated Parking Garage

Separate from the Railway Heights Market project but within the same complex, the developer will be building a parking structure in the near future. The future site of the micro-apartments will be used for parking in the meantime. Considerable thought has been given to the design of the parking complex, as visitors are encouraged to flow from the onsite 600-car-garage down a path to the nexus of the action before entering any one of the specific areas of the market. Doing so increases the visibility of every part of the market and encourages visitors not to miss a single bit. 

Non-affiliated Micro-Apartments

In a future stage of development, separate from the Railway Heights Market project but within the same complex, the developer will also be building 500 micro-apartments. Tenants of these apartments are expected to be a consistent and constant customer base for all the concepts in Railway Heights. 

Originally posted May 22, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

A walk around video of Railway Heights in Houston. This is the food hall, market, beer garden, dog park, dog bar, creative offices, and park at 8200 Washington Ave.

https://www.facebook.com/ChurrascoTruck/videos/2417872408448558/

Video was posted by the owner of Churrascos food truck almost two weeks ago. 

I wrote some more about the video but each time I hit submit, my posts is deleted and an unsaved draft containing the Facebook link is shown. 

But I'll say this, the guy in the video says the food hall is opening before the holidays. I don't know if that's accurate or if applies to the food hall and market only? 

But this was on Nextseed: 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:45 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

In the investor comment section of Railway Heights' NextSeed campaign, someone asked when the market and food hall portion will open.  Company of Nomads, the  operators of Railway Heights, wrote it will open March 2020. This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

But the timeline for Railway Market on the NextSeed site shows an opening for November 2020.

Originally posted May 26, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Photo of Railway Heights Market at Railway Heights, 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

From Instagram today:

6k1AF6P.jpg

Originally posted June 26, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Exterior construction progress photos of Railway Heights Market at Railway Heights. This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

Photos come from user submitted photos on the Google listing for Railway Heights, from this week:

XA7YxV2.jpg

RrxHoTi.jpg

G6tMjlj.jpg

Originally posted July 5, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 
retrieve  everything I contributed to this forum, mostly what was posted on the first page last year (included earlier renderings, archived links to leasing brochures, and earlier reports of the project). However I was able to save pages 2 and 3 from this thread and will repost content I shared (and found) previously from those pages. Archive links coming soon.

Here's more on Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave, Houston in the Washington Corridor.

Railway Heights is the name of the entire development owned by developers Easy Park and Verde Communities. Railway Heights Market is the food hall, market and retail component of Railway Heights. Railway Heights Market is operated by Company of Nomads.

This comes from their other company Verde, which is their retail and apartment arm (I posted about this company in another thread):

Our newest project is the Railway Heights at 8200 Washington. This is a 3.6 acre site we are developing in three phases. The first phase of 40,000 square feet of retail and mixed use space will open late this year, and will include what we believe will be Houston’s largest food hall. The second and third phases will include a vertical parking structure and a high rise for multi-family and/or lodging use.

https://verdecommunities.com/retail/

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

Originally posted July 5, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 
retrieve  everything I contributed to this forum, mostly what was posted on the first page last year (included earlier renderings, archived links to leasing brochures, and earlier reports of the project). However I was able to save pages 2 and 3 from this thread and will repost content I shared (and found) previously from those pages. Archive links coming soon.

More on Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave, Houston in the Washington Corridor. 

This comes from their other company Verde, which is their retail and apartment arm.

This may be the name of another component or maybe the proposed residential portion previously discussed: The Junction. It's the first time that name has been used and tied to Railway Heights. Maybe the name is to tie into their railroad theme and homage. There is also news of a 15-story high rise that may be residential, a hotel,  or both. Previous news has only touched on residential with shipping container apartments (read past posts in the thread)

There will also be a distillery from Austin somewhere in the mixed-use, retail, food hall portion that is Railway Heights Market. This is the first time this has been shared publicly.

The Junction & Railway Heights

Description:

A newly constructed mixed use retail property on 3.6 acres located on the western edge of the Heights near Timbergrove in Houston’s inner loop. The property is conveniently located just north of I-10 and close by also to the recently constructed connector to I-290 and North 610.

We are completely renovating a 40,000 SF existing two story building. Our primary tenant is the Conservatory which is opening up a food hall of more than 50 stalls, a gourmet food market, and a beer garden complete with family oriented games and entertainment. This will be the Conservatory’s third, and its largest, location after Bravery at the Hines / Met Life high rise on Market Square and the Conservatory/Silent Theater at 1004 Prairie in downtown Houston. While not yet confirmed, we believe the remaining 15,000 SF of space will be leased to a smartphone app-driven food delivery company and a distillery which first opened in Austin TX.

Development Plan:
The food hall comprises 25,000 square feet of space on two levels. We are currently leasing the remaining 15,000 square feet in the building. Please contact us with leasing inquiries. In our second phase, we plan a fully automated parking garage in the northeast corner of the site which will comprise 12 levels. In the third and final phase, we plan a high-rise building of 15 stories or taller for residential or hotel use, or both.

Timing of Phases:

Phase I: 2018-2019
Phase II: late 2019-2020  
Phase III: 2020-2022

https://verdecommunities.com/commercial-projects/the-junction-railway-heights/

I wasn't  able to 

Here is a timelapse video of the construction progress of the first phase of Railway Heights: Railway Heights Market.

This is posted to the developer's website:

https://verdecommunities.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/OxBlueMovie.mp4

There is also a live web cam to view ongoing construction on the developer's website:

https://verdecommunities.com/commercial-projects/the-junction-railway-heights/

https://app.oxblue.com/open/EasyPark/8200Washington

I wasn't  able to 

Exterior construction progress photos of Railway Heights Market at Railway Heights. This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

Photos come from Railway Heights construction webcam. These are screenshots from the live feed taken yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon.

7pk0PGd.jpg

J1woTea.jpg

tsGV8E3.jpg

Originally posted July 18, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Company of Nomads, the operators of Railway Heights Market  (Conservatory, Bravery Chef Hall) that is part of Railway Heights from Easy Park and Verde updated their website.

https://companyofnomads.com

Before, it was a dummy page with a template. But in the last week, the full website launched with their own content. 

It's not launched in full, links to the food hall, vertical gardens, and other areas their company.

There will probably be more information uploaded on Railway Heights Market soon.

Originally posted July 18, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Photo comes from Railway Heights construction webcam linked several posts up. This is a screenshot from the live feed taken yesterday afternoon.

The photo shows partially completed work of the corner steps connecting the boardwalk and entrance.

mtTHSxE.jpg

I wasn't  able to 

On 5/21/2019 at 10:03 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

More restaurants or food vendors for the food hall portion of Railway Heights in Houston. This is the development under construction at 8200 Washington Ave.

From Railway Heights' crowdfunding campaign with NextSeed, there are two more possible food vendors named: AL Quick Stop and Pierogi Queen. 

Neither are named as food vendors, but photos of their food used under the portion on the food hall implies it. 

In October, Eater Houston reported AL Quick Stop's planned expansion. There was no location reported:

Popular Middle Eastern eatery and convenience store Al Quick Stop will open a second location. The restaurant announced the expansion on Facebook on Tuesday, but a representative was not yet ready to confirm to Eater where it will open just yet.

https://houston.eater.com/2018/10/17/17988422/al-quick-stop-expansion-one-armed-scissor-open

Confirmation on AL Quick Stop expanding to Railway Heights Market in the Railway Heights development.

From Eater Houston today:

Beloved Montrose Mediterranean restaurant Al Quick Stop will expand to a second location, and it’s opening at the much-anticipated Railway Heights development.

A representative for the restaurant confirmed to Eater that Al Quick Stop is set to arrive in the coming months inside Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Avenue. As reported previously, Al Quick Stop announced that it would open a second outpost in October 2018, and the original plan was for it to debut in late 2019. Thanks to construction delays, though, it won’t open until next year.

Al Quick Stop is currently expected to arrive at Railway Heights in early 2020. Stay tuned for an official opening date.

https://houston.eater.com/2019/7/24/20707814/al-quick-stop-expansion-railway-heights-opening-early-2020

Originally posted July 28, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Exterior construction progress photo of Railway Heights Market at Railway Heights. This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

The photo comes from Railway Heights' construction webcam. This is a screenshot from the live feed taken Tuesday afternoon.

xfjbHsd.jpg

Zoomed  in view of the Railway Heights Market portion of the Railway Heights development. You can see more progress on the exterior and interior of the first and second floors.

sX2747B.jpg
(direct link shows the zoomed view better)

Originally posted July 28, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 
retrieve  everything I contributed to this thread, mostly what was posted on the first page from last year and earlier this year (included earlier renderings, archived links to leasing brochures, and earlier reports of the project). However I was able to save pages 2 and 3 from this thread and will repost content I shared (and found) previously from those pages. Archive links coming soon.

Exterior construction progress photo of Railway Heights Market at Railway Heights. This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

The photo comes from Railway Heights' construction webcam.

This is a screenshot from the live feed taken Saturday afternoon. The camera's view changed Wednesday showing the lawn area along the entrance and in front of the market and food hall.

Q934uT0.jpg

• Like 2

I wasn't  able to 
retrieve  everything I contributed to this thread, mostly what was posted on the first page from last year and earlier this year (included earlier renderings, archived links to leasing brochures, and earlier reports of the project). However I was able to save pages 2 and 3 from this thread and will repost content I shared (and found) previously from those pages. Archive links coming soon.

Construction outside Railway Heights, 8200 Washington Ave in Houston, is moving at a fast pace.

Exterior construction progress photos show the sidewalk paving between Railway Heights Market and the lawn. It also shows tiles places on a portion of the steps at Railway Heights Market.

Here are progress photos from Railway Heights yesterday afternoon. Photos come from Railway Heights' construction webcam.

J5vqiw5.jpg

mripIE6.jpg

9F3I3wi.jpg

Originally posted August 2, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

A new rendering of the second floor of Railway Heights Market. This is the food hall and market inside the Railway Heights development at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. 

The rendering shows the  modular stalls, dining areas, and light fixtures.

The rendering was posted this week as part of an update to their Nextseed funding campaign page.

eVBKm8S.jpg

Originally posted August 2, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

More on food hall tenants at  Railway Heights Market. This is the food hall and market inside the Railway Heights development at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. 

From the updated Nextseed page, here is one more food hall vendor on board:

• Pho Basil - Vietnamese noodle house

Also

• Black Hill Ranch is listed (Cherry Block at Bravery Chef Hall), but I can't make out if it will be a meat vendor in the market or will serve meals as a food hall stall. This is the description: Specialty meat purveyor from Felix Florez of Blood Bros. BBQ.

• Pierogi Queen, a restaurant from League City, is confirmed (it was speculated in the posts above)

• Craft Burger has changed concepts. It will be a healthy and fresh comfort food stall called Dining with the Tunes (Shannon Tune)

Other food hall tenants previously confirmed or reported

• The Grove Do-Nutz
  • Churrasco
  • The Seafood Kettle
  • The Waffle Bus
  • Casian King
  • Handroll Bar by Moku
  • AL Quick Stop

The Pho Spot was a reported food hall stall. With Pho Basil on board, I don't think Company of Nomads would have two pho restaurants.

Other known details previously posted above

• Watever Fresh, a cafeteria-style eatery catering to vegetarian, vegan, paleo, or keto diets.
  • SitBar, the name of the dog bar near the lawn area
  • Wine bar and beer garden names no known
  • unknown distillery

Originally posted August 6, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Exterior construction progress photo of Railway Heights Market and the lawn at Railway Heights. This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

This is a screenshot from the live feed taken Monday morning and Monday afternoon.

Construction of the ramp in the back of the photo (near SitBar (the dog park and bar) and the beer garden ) looks to be completed.

jnc6zva.jpg

blS8Wkj.jpg

Originally posted August 7, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

I didn't know Railway Heights uploaded an update video in June for NextSeed investors.

The video is a walking tour of the construction progress so far. I'll post screenshots later.

https://vimeo.com/340927078/1368667595.mp4

https://player.vimeo.com/video/340927078

Originally posted August 13, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Exterior construction progress photo of Railway Heights Market and the lawn at Railway Heights. This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

This is a screenshot from the live feed taken Monday morning and Monday afternoon.

Morning
BqfBd0e.jpg

Afternoon

GurBR4A.jpg

Originally posted August 24, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

On 12/19/2018 at 3:09 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Houston food truck Casian King is opening a food stall at Railway Heights, 8200 Washington Ave. Casian King owners also own Moku Bar at Conservatory in downtown Houston.

And another food stall announcement for Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave. It's the food hall and market opening in Houston.

Hand Roll Bar will have a stall there.

From Eater Houston:

Hand Roll Bar, a brand new eatery devoted to temaki (or sushi hand rolls), is slated for the buzzy forthcoming Railway Heights development.

As Eater previously reported, Railway Heights is a project of Silent Theatre Group which also operates popular food halls Conservatory and much-anticipated Bravery Chef Hall. When it debuts at 8200 Washington Avenue in Timbergrove next year, Railway Heights will bring more than two dozen eateries to the area, along with a grocery store, beer garden, container farm, and farmer’s market in a 22,800 square foot space.

The newly announced addition Hand Roll Bar is from Tuan Tran, the mind behind Conservatory poke joint Moku Bar and Korean barbecue food truck Casian King. Menu details are scant at this point, but Hand Roll Bar’s Facebook page suggests that it will serve sushi-grade fish and seasoned warm rice wrapped in crispy sheets of nori with sauces that are made in-house. “[These are] not your typical hand rolls you see at any sushi joint,” the page reads. Hand rolls are picking up steam in Texas as a full-blown trend. As Eater recently reported, two Uchi-trained chefs will open Handies Douzo next year, in addition to recent hand roll arrivals in the Dallas area.

https://houston.eater.com/2018/12/19/18148947/sushi-hand-rolls-are-headed-to-the-exciting-railway-heights-food-destination

Hand Roll Bar from Tuan Tran and Thy Tran won't open in Railway Heights' food hall and market that's named Railway Heights Market.

The eatery will be part of 53 West. 53 West is the former Yorktown Plaza under redevelopment at 5353 W Alabama in Houston's Galleria area. 

More about 53 West from Braun Enterprises in the thread below:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/39170-renovations-coming-to-yorktown-plaza/

Originally posted August 24, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Exterior construction progress photo of Railway Heights.  This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

This is a screenshot from the live feed taken Friday morning of the front of Railway Heights Market and the lawn at Railway Heights.

From the feed, it looks like benches were added in front of the swings on the lawn, more progress on the lawn, and progress on the stair planters at the entrance of Railway Heights Market in the Railway Heights development.

xyNvdPC.jpg

I wasn't  able to 

Company of Nomads (Conservatory, Bravery) is offering a hard hat tour of Railway Heights Market at Railway Heights. Railway Heights Market is the food hall and market portion of the Railway Heights developments at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

The event was posted yesterday to Eventbrite and is free to sign up.

The one-hour tour is available Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. Railway Heights' hard hat tours will run from September 7 through November 30.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/railway-heights-hard-hat-tour-tickets-70066973203

I wasn't  able to 

Construction progress photos of Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. The photo shows Railway Heights Market, that's the food hall andmarket part of the Railway Heights development.

The photos were posted by Method Architecture in early August.

jp3iYpw.jpg

Xt6Q42A.jpg

rzlBdkl.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/methodarchitecture/posts/1098124040384757