Blue Dogs

Ladies & Gentlemen, who's the most HATED Sports Talk Radio Host in Houston, TX ?

A.) Paul Gallant of KILT-AM Sports Radio 610: "B-Straw & Pauly G"

B.) Lance Zierlein of KBME

C.) ND Kalu of KBME

D.) John Granato of KGOW

E.) Nick Wright of KILT-AM Sports Radio 610: "In The Loop"

F.) AJ Hoffman of KFNC

G.) John P. Lopez of KILT-AM Sports Radio 610: "In The Loop"

H.) Ted Johnson of KILT-AM Sports Radio 610: "The Triple Threat": always hypes up the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots like 24/7!

I.) Brien Straw of KILT-AM Sports Radio 610: "B-Straw & Pauly G": Brings up Ole Miss like they're God's gift to College Football

J.) Barry Warner: formerly of KILT-AM Sports Radio 610: One time his co-host Shawn Bigani put him on full blast for pissing him off!

K.) Seth Payne of KILT-AM Sports Radio 610: "Mike & Seth Show"

I listen to sports radio far more than I should based on how much I actually care about sports lately owing to a long commute and a disinterest in music of any kind these days. Some of these guys are harder to listen to than others, but I honestly feel bad for them. They seem to be guys that like sports and like to talk, but all together, they have something like 50 hours per day of local sports conversation. There’s only so much of that one can keep going continually without lapsing in to some kind of schtick, which is bound to be grating to a large portion of any audience. Add to that having to quasi-converse with “Gary Kubiak sucks meth dealer guy” and say “thanks for the call” when you’re done has to do some damage over the years.  I can’t imagine that they get paid too well either.

With all the great sports blogs out there that offer great insight and knowledgeable content, sports radio has become obsolete for me.

Five minutes of reading The Crawfish Boxes,The Dream Shake,etc. will inform me better than an entire weeks worth of sports radio.

• 3 weeks later...

With all the great sports blogs out there that offer great insight and knowledgeable content, sports radio has become obsolete for me.

Five minutes of reading The Crawfish Boxes,The Dream Shake,etc. will inform me better than an entire weeks worth of sports radio.

Barry Warner is just an old man, who's time on Sports Radio has passed!

they are horrible and their lack of knowledge of the houston sports scene from high school to college to pro is very obvious...some of these guys never show up to ANYTHING except pro events but they act like they actually know something when asked on the radio

lack of diversity hurts also as its obvious they only cover what they feel comfortable with....the internal jokes are a waste of time and the obsession with women jokes is a waste...a phone call is rare

they are horrible and their lack of knowledge of the houston sports scene from high school to college to pro is very obvious...some of these guys never show up to ANYTHING except pro events but they act like they actually know something when asked on the radio

lack of diversity hurts also as its obvious they only cover what they feel comfortable with....the internal jokes are a waste of time and the obsession with women jokes is a waste...a phone call is rare

Don't forget about Nick Wright blocking people on Twitter whenever they call him out on his BS about sports!

So defending yourself against a pair of well known sports radio loons says you "have a screw loose?" I wish more sports figures would follow his example, and tell those idiots what's what and where to go. I don't think KILT can count on ever having Herman come back for another interview.

Truth be told I wasn't a UH fan for many years, but Tom Herman has brought me back to the fold. 

If anyone is interested in Coach Hermann on 97.5 The Blitz the next day after the whole Nick and Lopez fiasco here is the podcast (civil interview discussing what happened on 610 and UH in general):

https://audioboom.com/boos/4035257-01-07-2016-the-blitz-hour-2?t=0

background story of what happened on 610 if anyone is interested:

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/uhs-tom-herman-clashes-with-radio-hosts-on-air-8051364

So defending yourself against a pair of well known sports radio loons says you "have a screw loose?" I wish more sports figures would follow his example, and tell those idiots what's what and where to go. I don't think KILT can count on ever having Herman come back for another interview.

Truth be told I wasn't a UH fan for many years, but Tom Herman has brought me back to the fold. 

That's not what I said, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. Those guys being idiots and Tom Herman having a screw loose are not mutually exclusive things. I'm assuming the reason he was so mad was that the article (really just a blurb about a supposed meeting) would imply a potential NCAA violation. Not sure if that would have been the case had the meeting occurred as reported. Either way, yes, going on a crazy rant on a live radio talk show where you make personal attacks against someone you don't even know fits my definition of having a screw loose. But I'm assuming Tom would be confused by my comment due to his inability to understand common idioms. 

I'm no fan of that show, but it underscores my belief that winning at football gives you carte blanche to be an a$$hole.

If anyone is interested in Coach Hermann on 97.5 The Blitz the next day after the whole Nick and Lopez fiasco here is the podcast (civil interview discussing what happened on 610 and UH in general):

https://audioboom.com/boos/4035257-01-07-2016-the-blitz-hour-2?t=0

background story of what happened on 610 if anyone is interested:

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/uhs-tom-herman-clashes-with-radio-hosts-on-air-8051364

Hashtag: WHO ARE YOU ???????

Hashtag: WHO ARE YOU ???????

?

Houstonian, UH (grad school) alum, general sports fan. Just posting information related to the Coach Hermann situation and sport radio I thought people may be interested in that are relevant to this thread. Who are you?

?

Houstonian, UH (grad school) alum, general sports fan. Just posting information related to the Coach Hermann situation and sport radio I thought people may be interested in that are relevant to this thread. Who are you?

Pretty sure Blue Dogs was referencing coach Hermann when he asked Nick who he was during the interview.

Wasn't it "How old are you?" that he asked Wright?

Of course, he had both their numbers, when he drilled them with questions like, how many Cougar games have you two attended this year?

Practices?

Number of times I've been asked to come on your show?

Number of times your station even bothers to mention Cougar athletics?

Wright: "Hey Coach, can we go do lunch?"

Herman: "Who, you and me??"

Wright: "Yeah!"

Herman: "Ab-so-lutely NOT!"

Can't blame you, Coach. Don't think I'd be able to hold down lunch in that company, either.

Wasn't it "How old are you?" that he asked Wright?

Of course, he had both their numbers, when he drilled them with questions like, how many Cougar games have you two attended this year?

Practices?

Number of times I've been asked to come on your show?

Number of times your station even bothers to mention Cougar athletics?

Wright: "Hey Coach, can we go do lunch?"

Herman: "Who, you and me??"

Wright: "Yeah!"

Herman: "Ab-so-lutely NOT!"

Can't blame you, Coach. Don't think I'd be able to hold down lunch in that company, either.

Now that was HILLARIOUS!!!!! Coach Herman punked Nick's GONZO butt!

Archived