Another building lit up in Dallas

jlacarter

I like Dallas ok but this just screams look at me, i'm insecure....

i tire of houstonians notion that every eye-catching thing dallas does is some outward sign of insecurity... this is cool. period. it's art and it's an interesting conversation piece. 

i'd love to see houston developers take that sort of pride in their projects that they actually want people to notice them.

i tire of houstonians notion that every eye-catching thing dallas does is some outward sign of insecurity... this is cool. period. it's art and it's an interesting conversation piece. 

i'd love to see houston developers take that sort of pride in their projects that they actually want people to notice them.

it's tacky and looks like it should be on the Vegas strip...

Yes, definitely a few signature downtown buildings sprinkled here and there with cool lighting looks great but in recent years Downtown Dallas has gone overboard. I don't see this as a sign of insecurity because Dallas can definitely hold its own. While this buildings lighting looks very awesome, it's hard to stand out amongst all the others lit up. Not to mention, there seems to be no cohesiveness in the lighting from building to building which can come off as looking a bit tacky. But I do give them props for at least putting some kind of lighting up. I just hate Houston's nighttime skyline, a little would go a long way to highlight our skyscrapers at night.

I think it looks fabulous. Not every building has to light up, but when the city of Dallas does, it's their signature. Many cities around the globe do this, and the Vegas comparison is tired. It looks alive during the night... Something many cities lack including Houston.

Good for Dallas. Keep shining.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived