It's a beautiful building.

I'm assuming it would be in the Museum distric area just north of the park?

Would be a great addition.

More tall building between downtown and the TMC would assist in creating an illusion of a larger downtown.

Too bad it is just an architect company's website.

Architects often will draw up proposals for projects that may only stay in concept.

Just because it is on there sight doesn't even mean the developer will move forward. The architect still get's credit for the design.

Also, there is another tower, the Franklin tower, next to 3333 Allen Parkway.

Both look interesting.

I'm glad there's a proposal for a new tower overlooking the park, but I just don't like the design. Not to mention, this architect designed the Calais and the Ventana - not necessarily beautiful buildings in my opinion. Who knows, if this gets built, maybe it'll look better than some of their other work...

Guest danax

High and mid-rises surrounding the park. Proposal or not, it's obvious that people are noticing that this area has great potential for such structures, considering proximity and multiple view options of DT, Med Cntr and the spacious greenspace of the park.

• 2 years later...

Check this out.

Click the link. Go to architecture. Click "Mid / High Rise" and look at the second page. There is a miscellaneous tower called "Hermann Park" with the skyline in the background. Does anybody know anything about this?

Here's a picture.

4190ca197c.jpg

Edited by Jax

Guest Marty

It looks alright but they need to ditch the green Walgreen's roof. I installed many Walgreen's sheet metal roof's in Kansas city, I always thought they looked tacky.

Edited by Marty

I am guessing this is just an early rendering because there is absolutely no info as to where they might build it, etc. Anybody care to guess?

Check out the link on my first post if you want to know who the architect is.

I am guessing this is just an early rendering because there is absolutely no info as to where they might build it, etc. Anybody care to guess?

Check out the link on my first post if you want to know who the architect is.

That rendering has been on that website for quite awhile now. My guesses would be that this was an early rendering for the proposed Binz Medcorp tower back when it was going to be a mixed use (commercial/residential) building. OR, it is a design that was never built and wont get built.

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like Houston to me, it was on the Houston section of the website and it's called Hermann park - must be Houston.

I hate to disagree, but that is definately Los Angeles. The Library Tower is being partially covered by the tree branch.

Regardless of what the skyline looks like.

LA has no Herman Park ....

The majority of this Houston architect's work is in Houston ....

On their website, for this project, it specifically says Houston, Tx

Edited by Highway6

Haha, it would be funny if they named it the "Herman Park Dog Park Tower".

It says Houston Texas on the website though, so I am guessing the just left off the final 'n', and didn't name it after the dog park in LA.