I got married

Mr. Chenevert

• 2 weeks later...

I could swear another person was married the other day from Haif?

Either way, wish all of the best to you both and many years of happiness!

By married in downtown did you mean by court, church or was this just where the reception was? or perhaps at your home/condo downtown? Just wondered like the others.

I dont know why I just love wedding pics, just love to see people in love I guess. :blush:

wedding_photography_sydney.jpg

I could swear another person was married the other day from Haif?

Either way, wish all of the best to you both and many years of happiness!

By married in downtown did you mean by court, church or was this just where the reception was? or perhaps at your home/condo downtown? Just wondered like the others.

I dont know why I just love wedding pics, just love to see people in love I guess. :blush:

wedding_photography_sydney.jpg

That'd be Chamo.

That'd be Chamo.

By the way.. didnt announce it at the time... but just to add to the merriment... I was married at the end of August.. so that makes 3 of us.

chenevert.. congrats to you as well to chamo ( if hes the other one that got married )

By the way.. didnt announce it at the time... but just to add to the merriment... I was married at the end of August.. so that makes 3 of us.

chenevert.. congrats to you as well to chamo ( if hes the other one that got married )

Thanks for the kind words, but no, I'm single as far as I know. There have been some wild nights in Vegas so status could be different.

Some of my friends tell me that I look like the kind of guy that has a double life and that I'm in the US because I have a wife and kids back in Colombia; Who would do something like that! :ph34r:

A woman was paying for some items in a supermarket - a pint of milk, a packet of bacon, a small bag of rice and a few vegetables. The man at the checkout said, "I bet you're single, aren't you?"

"Well yes, I am," the woman replied. "How did you know?"

"Because you're really ugly," replied the man

Sorry for the late response. We just got back from Maui this weekend.

The Ceremony and Reception were at the Alden Hotel downtown.

Where'd you stay ? Lahaina, Ki'hea, Four Seasons ? I ask because Maui is where my wife and I got married and honeymooned as well. Did you take the Road from HELL, I mean to HANA ?<--- I am getting carsick just thinking about it.

Where'd you stay ? Lahaina, Ki'hea, Four Seasons ? I ask because Maui is where my wife and I got married and honeymooned as well. Did you take the Road from HELL, I mean to HANA ?<--- I am getting carsick just thinking about it.

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton up in Kapalua. Very nice resort, but I think due to its location on the Northwest side of the island and being in a bay, it is very windy there in the afternoons. Other parts of the island very close by didnt seem to have the same wind. Definitely something to think about if you are planning a return trip.

We did the road to Hana... or at least 3/4 of it. My wife was getting too sick... although I loved it. We went to the volcano as well... but otherwise, just relaxed by the pool drinking and eating.

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton up in Kapalua. Very nice resort, but I think due to its location on the Northwest side of the island and being in a bay, it is very windy there in the afternoons. Other parts of the island very close by didnt seem to have the same wind. Definitely something to think about if you are planning a return trip.

We did the road to Hana... or at least 3/4 of it. My wife was getting too sick... although I loved it. We went to the volcano as well... but otherwise, just relaxed by the pool drinking and eating.

The Ritz is nice, it's right by Ironwood Beach, where we got married at sunset, and it was windy at dusk also. LOL! Yeah, the road to Hana is a killer, if you loved it, you must have been driving, I was when we went and that's how I avoided being sick, that's the trick. Wouldn't want to do that again if I didn't have to, so only 3/4 of the way ? You didn't make it to the Black Sand beaches then ? As far as those winds, I think those tradewinds move over the island at different times of the day, LOL! Staying at the Ritz really makes it where there is no need to go anywhere else on the island, glad you got to see the Volcano. Congrats on the whole married thing.

The Ritz is nice, it's right by Ironwood Beach, where we got married at sunset, and it was windy at dusk also. LOL! Yeah, the road to Hana is a killer, if you loved it, you must have been driving, I was when we went and that's how I avoided being sick, that's the trick. Wouldn't want to do that again if I didn't have to, so only 3/4 of the way ? You didn't make it to the Black Sand beaches then ? As far as those winds, I think those tradewinds move over the island at different times of the day, LOL! Staying at the Ritz really makes it where there is no need to go anywhere else on the island, glad you got to see the Volcano. Congrats on the whole married thing.

Thank you very much.

We made it to the black sands beach, stayed there for about an hour soaking up the sun, then turned back.

What did we miss?

Thank you very much.

We made it to the blank sands beach, stayed there for about an hour soaking up the sun, then turned back.

What did we miss?

Well, that's about it I guess, you can't take the road around the rest of the island that spits you out over by Kihea because of volcanic rock being deposited there not too long ago, and it destroyed the road. SO you did make it to Hana, right?

Well, that's about it I guess, you can't take the road around the rest of the island that spits you out over by Kihea because of volcanic rock being deposited there not too long ago, and it destroyed the road. SO you did make it to Hana, right?

Hell if I know... the black sands beach was off on a side road. When we came back out, we went back the way we came instead of continuing... according to the map, Hana was still a ways off...

Hell if I know... the black sands beach was off on a side road. When we came back out, we went back the way we came instead of continuing... according to the map, Hana was still a ways off...

LOL! , you got any pics of the Black Sand beach ? I am pretty sure you made it to Hana, or just outside. You saw it all, the 600 turns of road and waterfalls is what the trip is all about.

Waianapanapa.jpg

I didnt take this photo, but that is the beach I was at.

I thought Hana Bay was the ultimate destination, although i understood that the waterfalls, and scenic overlooks along the way were the real purpose of the journey.

My wife will feel better knowing that we completed the trip! She felt bad that she asked me to turn back... and now I can wear my "I survived the road to hana" without feeling guilty!

Waianapanapa.jpg

I didnt take this photo, but that is the beach I was at.

I thought Hana Bay was the ultimate destination, although i understood that the waterfalls, and scenic overlooks along the way were the real purpose of the journey.

My wife will feel better knowing that we completed the trip! She felt bad that she asked me to turn back... and now I can wear my "I survived the road to hana" without feeling guilty!

Don't tell her I told you, but I think you are about 3 miles away there. I wanted to stop at that beach also, but we were getting pressed for time because we were getting married that day. BTW, how cool were those Eucalyptus trees on the way ?

Archived