Continental Building At 1600 Smith St.

tierwestah

I just wanted to know what everyone thinks of the new lighting on the crown of the Continential Building. Personally, i miss the blue lighting with the Continential logo but i still like the new lighting because its a little more pronounced. Does anyone know why they stopped the blue lighting?

• Like 1

I just wanted to know what everyone thinks of the new lighting on the crown of the Continential Building. Personally, i miss the blue lighting with the Continential logo but i still like the new lighting because its a little more pronounced. Does anyone know why they stopped the blue lighting?

What does it look like now? I've not been out late in some time.

• Like 1

I noticed it last night while I was over at U of H. I liked the blue a lot as well but I don't have a problem with the new one they have.

What does it look like now? I've not been out late in some time.

If I remember correctly it's just white but I think it actually makes the Continental Building stand out even more now because the blue seemed to blend in more with the night sky.

ACTUALLY, last night driving downtown, i officially decided that i like the new lighting. It makes more of a distinction in the skyline. However, if they do end up going back blue, i hope they use a light blue that's just as noticable as this.

I just saw the lighting last night. I'm with the OP, I like and miss the blue but I like the white just as much, if not better. I mean the blue lighting was so dim you could barely see it anyway, not to mention, you couldn't even see the projected Continential Logo. For years i've been asking what the point was of even having the logo if it couldn't be seen.

My guess is the blue lighting was damaged by Ike. Possibly lenses that got blown off exposing the white sodium floods underneath.

Hopefully... I don't know why they could change it. The light was blue b/c it's Continental's building... it matched their logo. Why would they change that?

Watching Rockets on ESPN it shows the blue lighting is back on. I love the blue.

That might be stock footage. It was white on the way home.