Black Hole

From the Dallas City Hall Blog:

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term.

It's comforting to know that we don't have the market cornered on moronic public officials. :lol:

John Wiley Price is such an idiot. The comment was not even racist, yet he wants to make it racist. He should apologize for being an idiot.

This story even made Drudge this morning...

Mr Price, the whole world now knows you're either a ) an overly-pc racist or b ) the most uneducated and retarded public official in Dallas.

Only in Big D. My three years there made you realize everybody didn't get along.

Makes Houston look like the United Rainbow Front.

LOL.

I had some young journalist jump down my throat when was I referred to 6th ward used to be very "ghetto" and objected to my use of the word and I said in an off handed manner, "I call a spade a spade" and went ballistic.

I swear, people don't put things into context anymore!

To be honest, I use the word from time to time just to see if they will jump all over it. :)

It's an antiquated term but it would be funny to see it come back into the lexicon...

"Environmental niggardliness is our only hope against global warming"

Not implying anything. That is why I asked for clarification.

So I (and presumably others) was clear.

Oh? You assumed I was talking to hamsters or cats?

Given the medications I take, that IS a fair question

You guys and gals musta missed my first comments about double entendres. There were a lot of them going around.

And I hate to admit this ... hell, no I don't ... I talk to my dogs. Really, sometimes asking them questions and even dancing with them (but only one likes to dance with me).

:-)

You guys and gals musta missed my first comments about double entendres. There were a lot of them going around.

And I hate to admit this ... hell, no I don't ... I talk to my dogs. Really, sometimes asking them questions and even dancing with them (but only one likes to dance with me).

You should call this guy, I'm sure he'll dance with you:

I really have no idea what the hell he is doing.

You meant Black people didn't you Ricco? Just admit it you're a racist. I won't hate you, I promise.

Nah, I don't hate people of color. I hate general stupidity. Hell,there are times I hate myself when I do stupid stuff.

DUDE! Pass it here!

there are plenty of overly sensitive, white guilt filled, PC, white fools out there that could get worked up over the word niggardly

No use getting worked up over a moron trying to be witty.

Reading this thread is like watching Larry The Cable Guy.

Archived