Feds Overturn Texas Ban On "Obcene Devices"

dbigtex56

February 14, 2008:

(AP) A federal appeals court has overturned a statute outlawing sex toy sales in Texas, one of the last states - all in the South - to retain such a ban.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the Texas law making it illegal to sell or promote obscene devices, punishable by as many as two years in jail, violated the right to privacy guaranteed by the 14th Amendment.

Link to article

Hell I never knew they were outlawed

I didn't, either, until I went shopping for one. I was told the ban only applied to sex toys that looked like real men's thingies (trying not to close the thread). They can look like smooth tubes, ears of corn, any of that, but if they look realistic they can't be sold in Texas. I thought that was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard. They sell inflatable women that have realistic everything, but a realistic man thingy is a threat to society.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I didn't, either, until I went shopping for one. I was told the ban only applied to sex toys that looked like real men's thingies (trying not to close the thread). They can look like smooth tubes, ears of corn, any of that, but if they look realistic they can't be sold in Texas. I thought that was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard. They sell inflatable women that have realistic everything, but a realistic man thingy is a threat to society.

Social Conservatives who make these laws are so silly... I feel bad for them. :rolleyes:

LOL.

Believe me, I have inside stuff on a few politicians and have "arranged" things. They are not fond of the dance they have to do because of "most" of the positions they have, so they compromise themselves. Whether they are making a deal with the devil or not is up to you to decide. I just know what happens behind the scenes at times. :ph34r:

You could always buy whatever you wanted just by asking the clerk for access to merchandise behind the counter, or in the back room. The rule was that things weren't supposed to look like real genitals.

I had to do the "behind the counter" thing once when I bought a life-sized rubber fist to make a trophy, though. When I asked if they had one, I was told it was illegal, because it looked like a real body part. So, I guess the law wasn't limited to just genitals. After about two minutes convincing the clerk I wasn't a cop, he went in the back and brought me my fist.

Right, I was getting tired of driving to Louisiana every week for supplies. :blush::lol:

??? Do you wear them down that quickly or something? Gotta buy better quality.

I had to do the "behind the counter" thing once when I bought a life-sized rubber fist to make a trophy, though.

We believe you. Really.

With all my heart.

all 2CM of it...

not including the cholesterol part.

I had the great fortune of a bored-housewife friend who, after Mary Kay and Pampered Chef failed, turned to one of those outfits that does toys and lingerie and other items. There are 2 different catalogs--one for the bachelorette parties and, well, the other one. In an effort to help out my friend, I have quite the stash of, um, items, that are usually found behind the counter only.

Yay!

My friend and her effort to make a buck, not so much.

Archived