Staples Opening In Cy-Fair

mrfootball

Looks like Staples is finally entering the Houston market. Went to La Madeleine today and noticed a sign for a new Staples going in right next to Academy (290 @ FM 1960).

Cool. I've always received good customer service from them when ordering online. There's also one going in at 1960 and Stuebner Airline/Veterans Memorial too. It will be in the same shopping center as the new Hobby Lobby, Willie's, and others.

Cool. I've always received good customer service from them when ordering online. There's also one going in at 1960 and Stuebner Airline/Veterans Memorial too. It will be in the same shopping center as the new Hobby Lobby, Willie's, and others.

They said back in June they were entering the market. The first one was supposed to open in "Almeda Crossings" Hell they're hiring and they haven't broken ground yet. No signs nothing!

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto.../18/story4.html

Good to see the old North Oaks Mall site redeveloping somewhat.

Me too ... I much prefer them to Office Max and Office Depot.

Looks like Staples is finally entering the Houston market. Went to La Madeleine today and noticed a sign for a new Staples going in right next to Academy (290 @ FM 1960).

I'm excited about them FINALLY opening in Houston. I see good deals online, but many are best found in the actual stores.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually North Oaks was the first "Mall" in the FM 1960 area. It had a Gap, a Hastings Music, Movie Theatres, Alladin's Castle and other stores. It's where I saw all three of the original Star Wars movies. It wasn't a big mall, but it was a "mall".

You are referring to the one at Veteran and FM 1960? Why do you think they will not build that one? I just saw a new sign recruiting workers.

Because they haven't started construction yet. :unsure:

Was that ever really a mall? I've wondered why it's referred to as a mall when it's a shopping center.

Yes, it was a small indoor mall between the theaters and where Target used to be. Over time it has been converted to "front facing" stores.

Staples plans on opening 11 locations in Houston this year. They tend to enter only 1 new market a year, but are breaking that trend this year (Minneapolis is the other market).

This is their 3rd attempt to enter the market, and this time it will stick. The Almeda Staples is supposed to open in April.

I will be looking at any further info on these 2 possible locations..

ps-my 1st post here.. woohoo!!

Staples plans on opening 11 locations in Houston this year. They tend to enter only 1 new market a year, but are breaking that trend this year (Minneapolis is the other market).

This is their 3rd attempt to enter the market, and this time it will stick. The Almeda Staples is supposed to open in April.

I will be looking at any further info on these 2 possible locations..

ps-my 1st post here.. woohoo!!

The almeda staples says "Opening soon!" on the website, I assume they are being built next to the circuit city in Almeda crossing. Last time i drove there was a big building.

• The title was changed to Staples Opening In Cy-Fair

Archived