Jodie Foster Comes Out

PuroAztlan

Ok, a show of hands as to WHO didn't already know, Jodie doesn't like boys. Puro.......you really couldn't tell when you saw the original Freaky Friday? C'mon man !

Oh I already knew, this was just her "publicly" coming out.

Ya know, it was an hour into that movie before I realized the star WASN'T a pre-pubescent boy. :P

0000039066.jpg

Ok, a show of hands as to WHO didn't already know, Jodie doesn't like boys. Puro.......you really couldn't tell when you saw the original Freaky Friday ? C'mon man !

True, and also

Can't remember if she was part of that old (silly) Hollywood rumour that she was the same person/sex change as Billy Mummy of Lost in Space fame (pictured far right) or was it Sissy Spacek? Oh well... doy!

230888~Lost-In-Space-Posters.jpgWEBBMWillcupc.jpg

True, and also

Can't remember if she was part of that old (silly) Hollywood rumour that she was the same person/sex change as Billy Mummy of Lost in Space fame (pictured far right) or was it Sissy Spacek? Oh well... doy!

230888~Lost-In-Space-Posters.jpg

FUnny you should mention Mr. Mumy. My family and I were watching Santa Clause 3, and I was like, that little redheaded girl looks SOOOOOOO familiar, and low and behold , it was Mr. Mumy's daughter !

liliana_sun.jpg

Congrats to her... I am glad that she waited until she was ready, that's the way it should happen. I used to subscribe to OUT magazine but my boyfriend and I cancelled it when a few months ago they put a picture of her and Anderson Cooper on the front saying something like "why won't they come out?". I was so ticked off... gay people should come out 1)if they want to and 2) when they are ready to. I can't stand when people, gay or straight, try to force others out. :angry: Yes a lot of people knew she was gay... she never hid it... she just never came out to the public... and yes we all know Anderson Cooper is gay... let him come out to the public when he is ready. Word is Queen Latifah will be coming out to the public soon... I guess we will see.

Why am I supposed to care?
Who said you are supposed to care?

I still like her though!! Smart girl keeping her mouth shut for so long. I know that sounds terrible but it's true.

No it does not sound terrible. It sounds IGNORANT! You've really outdone yourself. Congratulations.

Smart girl keeping her mouth shut for so long.

Something you might want to consider? :rolleyes:

I still like her though!!

I'm sure she'll be tickled to hear that!!

I totally got it watching Bad News Bears go to wherever they went.

I still like her though!! Smart girl keeping her mouth shut for so long. I know that sounds terrible but it's true.

Psssstttt..........Parrot, that wasn't Jodie ! Tatum O'neal was in the Bad News Bears, and she is definately neither in or OUT of the closet ! Perhaps you are thinking of Jackie Earle Haley:

1486436247_6f26f52f3d_m.jpg

I can totally see the confusion. He and Jodie DO look alike, they were both ugly little Tomboys ! :lol:

I caught a little bit on tv of someone from a group called "exodus international". Just wondering (I'm straight). Is it really possible for someone to have the desire and/or ability to "go straight"? I don't want to start anything. My young niece has recently come out and I'm going to meet her friend over the holidays, so I guess I'm curious.

I caught a little bit on tv of someone from a group called "exodus international". Just wondering (I'm straight). Is it really possible for someone to have the desire and/or ability to "go straight"? I don't want to start anything. My young niece has recently come out and I'm going to meet her friend over the holidays, so I guess I'm curious.

Let me put it to you this way, and I am being sincere and not confrontational here...

... but do you think you could 'go gay'?

If the answer is yes, then I suppose the answer is yes to someone being able to 'go straight'.

In my opinion, people are the way they are and there is no changing them. People that 'go gay' probably were already like that or living a lie. People that 'go straight' were probably the same way, except the reverse (although I cannot imagine why anyone would WANT to be gay in this country).

Love your niece and be cordial to her 'friend'.

What I've found in life is that we don't have to agree on everything. I have co-workers with whom I find their views to be radically 'right' (I am sure they think the same thing of me, except to the 'left'). We don't have to agree on politics to work well together, and you don't have to agree with your niece's orientation to love her and accept her as she is.

Yes

I'm gay... I wanted desperatley to be attracted to girls growing up so I could be like everyone else, but I wasn't. I've been physically and emotionally attracted to other guys my whole life. Now in my late 20s, I wouldn't change that for the world... I am happy and proud to be who I was meant to be. If I could take a pill tomorrow to make myself straight I wouldn't. I don't believe for a second that people can be "changed"... you can't help who you are attraced to. I think groups like Exodus International brainwash people into thinking they are straight, or just scare them into believing they are. Most of them probably know they are still gay, but they pretend to be "cured".

Yeah, sure, there are tons of people that want (or desire) to be straight, but it ain't gonna happen. If you're gay, you're gay. If you're straight, you're straight.

No amount of watching Birdcage or Lethal Weapon is gonna turn you otherwise.

I agree. ^_^

I could see it in both of them, but I don't necessarily. Travolta is the warm and sensitive type and Cruise is the hardened (seems to be hiding something) type.

But my gaydar doesn't go off for either of them.

Now, who's it does in Hollywood? Let's see...

Mario Lopez

Marc Athony (so what if he's married to J-Lo with a baby on the way ...)

LL Cool J (probably fantasy more than alarms going off)

Andre 3000 Benjamin from Outkast (another fantasy ...? okay, so I'm weak)

Sybil Shepherd (my gaydar doesn't go off for many women, but she's one!)

George Takei (okay, I was right about that one! Used to love me some Mr. Sulu!)

Archived