Anything You Want

gwilson

Yesterday I went to the San Jacinto Monument for the first time in years. At the visitor's center/gift shop over by the battleship there was a wooden cut out of a sailor and at the bottom is said something like, "Thank's for visiting". It made me want to scream. I intend on e-mailing them and suggesting they fix it. All they have to do is paint over the apostrophe

with a little yellow paint since the background was yellow.

Don't forget those Astros tickets signs downtown that say "Astro's Tickets".

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterday I went to the San Jacinto Monument for the first time in years. At the visitor's center/gift shop over by the battleship there was a wooden cut out of a sailor and at the bottom is said something like, "Thank's for visiting". It made me want to scream. I intend on e-mailing them and suggesting they fix it. All they have to do is paint over the apostrophe

with a little yellow paint since the background was yellow.

Don't forget those Astros tickets signs downtown that say "Astro's Tickets".

wait aren't we married? or do we have an apostrophe fetish?

rofl.

Best thread ever.

Was there ever a sentence or phrase you always wanted to say? Here's one of my fav's:

(Storm in to a room dressed like Sherlock Holmes with pipe in hand, big mustache)

Alright everyone, stay where you are! No one is to leave the hotel. It's seems Mr Fabershem has been murdered! and one of you did it!

Blame the butler? :ph34r:

ricco67:

Y'know...it's quite accurate. They are the Astro's tickets (no apostrophe ma'! Do'h!) until you buy them.

It would look much better if they'd leave the blasted apostrophe out. Astros is plural because it's a team. You're not just buying Berkman's ticket or you might get be able to away with "Astro's tickets" because he's an Astro and that's his ticket.

musicman:

Mine started years ago after reading one of the stories from the Stephen King book "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". In the story there was an old hick-like town with a video store and its sign read "Video's". From then on I can't help but notice. It especially bugs me when it's on a sign.

Was there ever a sentence or phrase you always wanted to say? Here's one of my fav's:(Storm in to a room dressed like Sherlock Holmes with pipe in hand, big mustache) Alright everyone, stay where you are! No one is to leave the hotel. It's seems Mr Fabershem has been murdered! and one of you did it!Blame the butler? :ph34r:
I've always wanted to say:...damn, I drew a blank.
Y'know...it's quite accurate. They are the Astro's tickets (no apostrophe ma'! Do'h!) until you buy them. :)
Wouldn't it be Astros' since it is plural and possessive?
It appears we have a polyamorous sect here considering how anal I am about apostrophes.
This song is so dorky and it's driving me crazy because I can't get it out of my head!: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cU_YW9_Qmg0 But I kind of like it.

rofl! "I guess that makes her a Liberty Bell." *goofy smile* Great.

My extremely eccentric taste in music has had me stuck on these two songs lately:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Y9qngZZwMA (extremely creative lyrics by Abdominal)

(I must admit I only know about this song because of a rather sexy video sent to me by someone)

Those and Porcupine Pie by Neil Diamond.

My extremely eccentric taste in music has had me stuck on these two songs lately:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Y9qngZZwMA (extremely creative lyrics by Abdominal)

I actually liked the background graphics only. Reminds me of the this Fanta commercial (considered yourself warned). :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHIGH56QuuM

lol how the hell did the graphics from the Format video have anything to do with that madTV skit?

I don't know but that big Fanta chick is hot! lol

I hadnt seen in a while but just noticed when she hits the water blood fills the ocean behind "it".

We will have none of that "let's get back on topic" non-sense. This is the Way Off Topic thread for the Way Off Topic subforum.

I like dogs.

This is what it sound's like when doves cry.... :)

whatever happened to Appalonia? of Under a Cherry Moon fame.

I have a plush pull-string vibrating Pikachu and one of those Teletubbie Po dolls that says "Faggot, faggot, bite my butt" which was yanked off the market after some parental complaints. Also have the Renuzit carpet sprinkle can that allegedly has a clip photo of a disgruntled artist's Mr. Happy in amongst the flowers. If that's what it really is, he's one proud and popular individual. ;)

Typing in the Rockets thread, I found myself wondering if breath and breathe were both correct. Google didn't correct me either time and each search had a wikipedia link. What's the difference?

and don't forget there was the popular 80's band Breathe, were actually quite good. Here today gone tomorrow of course. :lol:

http://www.project80s.com/lyrics/artist-ly...?artist=Breathe

Archived