Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone know a place where they selling reasonably priced lamp shades? i got the lamps for cheap and i'm not looking to spend a bundle.

You have the answer already. You mentioned Harwin last night. They have a few nice housewares places. If you decide to come over to find some, let me know and we'll grab some lunch or soemthing.

PS: New York Giants 17, New England Patriots 14.

Perfect season NOT YOURS.

Glad I didn't give two flips about either team though.

Target has them on sale this week. I've also found good ones at Tuesday Morning (their stock is very up and down, though)

Target also has that Global Bazaar thing where they have all the fake stuff from around the world. Could make for some interesting decorating.

This would vary from person to person but,

Did you ever think of having someone interview you?

I don't mean like for a job but like when Diane Sawyer or a talk show host sits down the guest and gets interviewed. Let say you may have written a book or made a film or had a life long career on stage.

There is a magazine called San Jose (the city) and every month they interviewa local politician or news anchor for instance. These are intelligent and sensible questions mind you. I think it wouldbe a real fresh of air for hundreds of people.

Picture yourself in a studio with overhead boom and cameras in 3 angles. The interviewer with a microphone leaning at you and taking notes on a pad. Could you handle that? Sure you could!

I personally most people would but are just too bashful about admitting it. I would love to be the one conducting the interview or vice-versa.

Whos 1st?! B)

I don't mean like for a job but like when Diane Sawyer or a talk show host sits down the guest and gets interviewed. Let say you may have written a book or made a film or had a life long career on stage.

There is a magazine called San Jose (the city) and every month they interviewa local politician or news anchor for instance. These are intelligent and sensible questions mind you. I think it wouldbe a real fresh of air for hundreds of people.

Picture yourself in a studio with overhead boom and cameras in 3 angles. The interviewer with a microphone leaning at you and taking notes on a pad. Could you handle that? Sure you could!

I personally most people would but are just too bashful about admitting it. I would love to be the one conducting the interview or vice-versa.

Whos 1st?! B)

I guess I could do it, but I don't think I'd want to. Didn't have the greatest experiences in the past. Not bad, but not great.

Whos 1st?! B)

I could. I think it'd be fun.

I could. I think it'd be fun.

Yes it would be. I used to interview candidates all the time when I was in HR so I guess it became very easy being on the other side of the desk.

I really think these go off well when you have the right person conducting. The point is to make the person feel completely comfortable and make them ask YOU questions back! I personally would love to interview the most obnoxious and arrogant one around. These turn out the best. In fact having someone storm off the set woud be even more delightful! I believe that less produces more. I would pause and leave dead air and maybe the person would divulge more or have that "Is that all your going to ask me" kind of mindset. I like when they start throwing things! Get it all on film. I say approx 30 minutes is reasonable for an interview , to the other person it could seem like an eternity. Its interesting to see how far someone will go. I love improvisation or rather see how a person can rise to the ocassion of a terrible question, when props malfunction or the person is visibly angry. Of course I woudl never purposley do this to anyone unless instructed to I guess.

Sometimes the pets are easier to interview! :) Ja ja

Yes it would be. I used to interview candidates all the time when I was in HR so I guess it became very easy being on the other side of the desk.

I really think these go off well when you have the right person conducting. The point is to make the person feel completely comfortable and make them ask YOU questions back! I personally would love to interview the most obnoxious and arrogant one around. These turn out the best. In fact having someone storm off the set woud be even more delightful! I believe that less produces more. I would pause and leave dead air and maybe the person would divulge more or have that "Is that all your going to ask me" kind of mindset. I like when they start throwing things! Get it all on film. I say approx 30 minutes is reasonable for an interview , to the other person it could seem like an eternity. Its interesting to see how far someone will go. I love improvisation or rather see how a person can rise to the ocassion of a terrible question, when props malfunction or the person is visibly angry. Of course I woudl never purposley do this to anyone unless instructed to I guess.

Sometimes the pets are easier to interview! :) Ja ja

My dog is great to interview so long as I ask her questions like "What is on top of the house?", "How does sandpaper feel?" and "What is the name of a famous Porsche aftermarket tuning company?".

My dog is great to interview so long as I ask her questions like "What is on top of the house?", "How does sandpaper feel?" and "What is the name of a famous Porsche aftermarket tuning company?".

You would get better reactions from a pet indeed! I always wanted to ask Morris but he's just too finicky!

i will go look today. these lamps are kinda of funky so it may work well

If i am remembering those lamps correctly, i'm having a hard time picturing what shades to put on them - will be interested to read what you selected

The best lamp store in town is A&O on Bellaire and Weslayan. It's 'spensive, though.

that's one of the places i was looking online last night. a designer friend said she would let me use her tax number if need be. i didn't want to spend much more than $50 each. if i can't find anything i like she said she would take em off my hands for a profit and resale to one of her customers so i can't complain.

belgian waffle...crunchy outside and fluffy inside.

preferably with blueberries and whipped cream and a little coffee in the batter.

or - on a day like today - a bowl of steaming hot caldo.

I'm an All American breakfast kind of guy. Eggs eggs eggs, bacon, toast, biscuit, gravy, pancakes. Not all necessarily at the same time.

I cook breakfast almost every morning. Almost always eggs (3). I'll make a english muffin sandwich w/ ham and cheese and egg. And milk, sometimes juice if we have it.

Archived