Pearl Midlane River Oaks: Multifamily At 2121 Mid Ln.

I've seen some discussion of the new condos planned a block away at the NEC of Bettis and Bancroft, but I haven't heard anything about this site yet.

The adjacent mini-storage building on San Felipe is still standing. It would be a shame to hide a nice new development behind such an inferior land use.

What's the scoop?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The website is still up: http://www.sanfelipecourt.com/

but the apartments have been gone for a few months.

Yesterday I noticed a variance request sign placed on the chain link fence surrounding the dirt.

What's going up in its place? Taller, denser, nicer apartments or condos seem like a natural fit. The nearby Roll-N Saloon is a unique amenity. Unfortuantely, it doesn't appear that the redevelopment plan inlcudes the mid-rise mini-storage building that claims much of the frontage on and visibilty from San Felipe.

bpe3

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I moved from the Spring area into those apartments about 10 years ago and lived there for about a year. Had I not, I think I would have moved to another city, but by doing so, I fell in love with Houston and the inner loop. The Roll-N was always a favorite on slow weekday nights when nothing else was going on.

We used to call the complex "Melrose Place" because of the way the place was situated, but the apartments had the look and feel of military barracks. That being said, it was one of the few apartment complexes in that part of town where you actually knew your neighbors.

That land was too valuable for those apartments. And you're right, it's a shame the mini-storage is still going to stand there, as it was just as much of an eye sore. I'm curious to see what's going to become of this land.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think the only apartments left are 1/2 way down Mid Lane.

Looks to be a few salvage items left. There was some cool detail on some of the stairs.

I love the design of the old 1950's-60's smaller apartment complexes like this one, especially the spiral staircases & landscaped courtyards w/ curved pools. I believe there are a few left on Woodway, before Chimney Rock.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/busine...ff/5986727.html

After knocking down an aging apartment complex just inside the West Loop, the Morgan Group has started building a five-story multifamily project in its place.

The 325-unit complex, called 2121 Mid Lane, is going up at the corner of San Felipe and Mid Lane, replacing the San Felipe Court apartments, built in the 1960s.

The project should be completed by next fall. An average unit of 990 square feet will rent for just over $1,700.

• 8 months later...

I don't know if theres another thread out there somewhere on HAIF, but here are renderings of 2121 Mid Lane...

Comm_midlane3.jpg

Comm_midlane2.jpg

Comm_midlane1.jpg

Contemporary exteriors, extravagant interiors. The 329 apartment homes at 2121 Mid Lane will feature gourmet kitchens, granite countertops, spacious walk-in closets, full-size washers and dryers and premium fixtures.

The four-story community will top one story of parking. Beyond the convenience of on-site parking and a location near the Galleria business and retail district, 2121 Mid Lane will provide residents exceptional amenities, including a clubhouse with internet caf

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Pearl Midlane River Oaks: Multifamily At 2121 Mid Ln.