Intresting Photos Taken In Houston

Hunter

I do not know what they are being made for but I do know that they were made by the sme company that bulit that huge statue up at the Sam Houston state park on 45 north I think it is.

There were a few more under construction in the shop but no one was allowed to go in there.

Holy Schlamoly! Those kind of give me the willies. I just know I'm going to have nightmares of being chased by jumbo presidents. :blink:

Weren't some of these slated to be installed somewhere in Houston? Where is the studio? I have to check these out in person.

About the artist.

David Adickes, the distinguished artist who created the monumental artworks on display at Presidents Park, has a reputation that spans the globe. His highly celebrated artwork and sculptures are displayed in ten major art museums across America. Famed author James A. Michener, commenting on a sketch that Adickes made of him, described it as

Does anybody know what happened to Adicke's plans to put up some of his statues along I10 near Shepherd? There was supposed to have been a 30 foot tall replica of the Beatles included along with other works. It was due to have been completed last summer according to an article in the Chronicle.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
More pics to share!

DSCN0400.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

All of these were taken with a Nikon Cool Pix 2100

Can anyone name them all in order?

omg i remember that big phon from my childhood I though Id never see it agian. At first I thought I was crazy and thast mabye it didnt really exist but it did! i use to live on union stree back in the 90's. I alway remember seeing that big phone before geeting home. It used to be by railroad tracks. That phone brings back memories. that thing was huge!

DSCN0395.jpg

Wasn't this (along with that silly banana) along I-45, right before the 610 Loop?

omg I remember that bannana. im freaking ut right now because i remeber those staues from when i wa sa kid. I used to live by where they were storing them. The first time i saw them i freaked out couse I was a kid and I thought the phone was real. back in the 90's the phone use to be by these railroad tracks not to far from my house

I think the phone was originally inside the loop at the Galleria (Westheimer?). Now the building is an upscale hotel I believe. Sorry for 2 posts.

I know back in 94 or 95 that big phone used to be by some railroad tracks by the house i used to live in on union street. I lived next to the building with srtists who had something to do with it

Holy Schlamoly! Those kind of give me the willies. I just know I'm going to have nightmares of being chased by jumbo presidents. :blink:

Weren't some of these slated to be installed somewhere in Houston? Where is the studio? I have to check these out in person.

haha i know what u mean. I went back to visit houston 3 years ago and me and my family were driving in that area at night. we saw those statues and they freaked me out. all you could see were these big white heads floating in the middle of no wear. I used to live right near the studo that was making them.

Archived