HAIF Happy Hour!

musicman

I think downtown is the place to be.

Rather than just talk about bums, green lights, DG and the new mall, we can get all liquored up, enjoy the decorations and holiday ambience provided by all the other people getting liguored up at Friday happy hour before Christmas, and then do some exploring after if anyone wants.

Sounds good. Let's get all liquored up at Warren's and walk over and terrorize Main Street. Then, we can all hop on the train yelling chooo chooo, while faking pulling the whistle.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI, first and last Friday of every month 1820 (bar at 1820 Franklin, stone's throw from Minute Maid) opens up the neighboring pinball/arcade machine store so you can play games. Nice bar, fun arcade, GOOD TIMES.

Yes, it's $15 for all games you can play, last time I went was in january of this year. I believe Charle Kalas of 804 fanin fame runs it.

I personally like Warrens (sentimental) or Hans Bier Garden (boccie ball and that towering condo)

I will make the effort, but I have truly awful awkward social skills and might get scared.

The 12th is my last day of work until the 5th of next year, and I'll probably spend that night gearing up for TheNiche's Great Holiday River Trek. Of course, if a HAIFer partnered up with me and wanted to make the Happy Hour, I might be more inclined to compromise. ;)

Click the link in my sig for details.

The 12th is my last day of work until the 5th of next year, and I'll probably spend that night gearing up for TheNiche's Great Holiday River Trek. Of course, if a HAIFer partnered up with me and wanted to make the Happy Hour, I might be more inclined to compromise. ;)

Click the link in my sig for details.

That sounds very interesting and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I am on nasty deadlines until right up to Christmas eve, plus, I only have one fffing day of vacation to take. Otherwise I would be very much game. Please take many pictures.

That said, I believe you can tear yourself away from trip planning for a few hours. You can show us your route, and tell us what sort of firearms you'l be bringing out there for Deliverance:Texas. See you at happy hour!

we were shooting for the 12th or 19th. let's go for the 12th. the 19th may be a little too close to Christmas for some.

sounds like warren's to me

Roger that. Warrens on the 12th.

5th or 12th, what was decided? Can babies come (before their bedtime)?

Can your baby hold her liquor? Is this a Louisiana custom?

:D

You should come. You can meet some of your heights neighbors.

Can your baby hold her liquor? Is this a Louisiana custom?

:D

You should come. You can meet some of your heights neighbors.

Depends on if she got her tolerance from me or her mom... I haven't been to Warren's but I'm thinking no babies there. Maybe we can work something out, but probably not. I would like to come.

Crunch, go look at the Sloane Party thread. That is something I can make it down for. The 19th also works, but this thing on the 20th would be SWEET.

I agree, but I'm otherwise committed the whole weekend of the 19th/20/21st. this HH thing is like herding cats, I tell ya.

Does that santa in the sloane post look like Great Depression Santa, or what?

Give Santa a sandwhich!

I probably ran into some of you at the Warren's/Pearl Harbor day celebration last year and didn't even know it. Pearl Harbor Day is this Sunday this year and I will be there again.

You guys should check out Brewery Tap for a low-key place downtown.

Preferences?

I think we should start at the Hilton Americas sky bar. Great views of all the stuff we've been posting about. Being Christmas season, it should be hopping later on, too. Once we get drunk, we can do a thug assault on Houston Pavillions...or maybe just go get a cocktail at HOB.

I think we should start at the Hilton Americas sky bar. Great views of all the stuff we've been posting about. Being Christmas season, it should be hopping later on, too. Once we get drunk, we can do a thug assault on Houston Pavillions...or maybe just go get a cocktail at HOB.

Sounds good. We'll take Red over to the DG and make him skate.

I'm in.

if you've been to HOB you won't go back. drinks are weak.

Sounds good. We'll take Red over to the DG and make him skate.

I'm in.

i'll wear my swim trunks

Come up with a good venue and you'll probably get a good response.

I think that a trek down to Gilhooley's in San Leon might have some merit, for instance. ...just not this time, because I want to be able to go! :) It may be even further than Clear Lake, but it has enough draw to justify the investment of time and miles IMO. Plus, once we get all plastered, we can just go hang out at the spillway with the bubbas.

Archived