Embassy Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown At 1515 Dallas St.

ricco67

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
the development of the 22 -story Embassy Suites is on hold as the developers look for new financing due to the credit crunch.

Development X

bummer! :(

• 2 months later...
Sunday's Houston Chronicle has a story focused on the success of Discovery Green. They mention that the development of the 22 -story Embassy Suites is on hold as the developers look for new financing due to the credit crunch.

Development X

Old news, but here's that story for reference sake

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/5948145.html

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, I'll take it. I just hope they don't end up building another plain beige box or whatever.

Hate to say it but judging by the amenities listed in the article, i think the design has changed to a BOX. The article lists a "rooftop pool" as being one of the amenities. In the original rendering, the decorative roof design leaves little room for a rooftop pool IMO. In fact, in the original rendering, the pool looks like it might have been located above the garage facing the GRB side of the hotel. (But now, the article also lists the garage as being underground.)

So this amenities list leads me to believe that the design has possibly dramatically changed from the original renderings. And based upon the "rooftop pool," i also believe the art deco crown has given way to a (dreaded) flat roof design.

The only question now is, is this possible redesign for the better, or for the worse? Based upon the few new clues we have, it doesnt sound good......

Edited by tigereye

Hate to say it but judging by the amenities listed in the article, i think the design has changed to a BOX. The article lists a "rooftop pool" as being one of the amenities. In the original rendering, the decorative roof design leaves little room for a rooftop pool IMO. In fact, in the original rendering, the pool looks like it might have been located above the garage facing the GRB side of the hotel. (But now, the article also lists the garage as being underground.)

So this amenities list leads me to believe that the design has possibly dramatically changed from the original renderings. And based upon the "rooftop pool," i also believe the art deco crown has given way to a (dreaded) flat roof design.

The only question now is, is this possible redesign for the better, or for the worse? Based upon the few new clues we have, it doesnt sound good......

LOL And the mad search for negative news continues apace. All is as usual at HAIF. The rooftop pool will most likely be on the roof of a shorter portion of the building. Much like 2727 Kirby, Mosaic, and others have rooftop pools...