$440 left under my doormat this morning

PapillionWyngs

It's in police custody now. All in $20's, no envelope, just there. My son is Bi-Polar with mental retardation and he said that he saw a car that said "Prizes.com" leave it. They came at the first of the week, he openend the door when I was in the tub. The man told him we won $200 -- who knows.

Scared that it is drug money. Police say if a stranger comes to door call 911 and tell them they're breaking in.

Man.

We have somewhere to go today and I am afraid to walk our of my hosue.

Prayers would be welcomed.

Papillon, since you are scared of it, would you please leave my address under your doormat, with a note telling whoever it is to drop it off here instead ? Thanks.

TJones, you don't think they expect drugs to be under there when they come back?

Papillon, since you are scared of it, would you please leave my address under your doormat, with a note telling whoever it is to drop it off here instead ? Thanks.

One time my aunt went shopping and she left a note for my uncle on the door that said: "Joe, the key's under the pot plant."

TJones, you don't think they expect drugs to be under there when they come back?

1st thing I thought of was someone is trying to help you money wise. Your the one that lost your job recently right? Maybe it was a relative, well maybe not they would have left a note. I cant imagine someone dealing drugs in that way though? :blink:

Kind of a McDonalds drive thru dope deal or what? Maybe prank? Is it real money? someone might be doing the Punk'd thing. Kind of cruel joke though. If you call the fuzz they will take and party/pony keg? who knows. Daytripping now. :wacko:

1st thing I thought of was someone is trying to help you money wise.

That was exactly mi first thought..... If it was drugs for sure money involved should be much higher. $440 does not buy much these days I imagine.

But if it is anything related to somebody called "Prizes.com", remember nothing is for free...... It could be a new twist the Timeshares or other similar trying to sell you something.

It's in police custody now. All in $20's, no envelope, just there. My son is Bi-Polar with mental retardation and he said that he saw a car that said "Prizes.com" leave it. They came at the first of the week, he openend the door when I was in the tub. The man told him we won $200 -- who knows.

Scared that it is drug money. Police say if a stranger comes to door call 911 and tell them they're breaking in.

Man.

How did you know it was under the mat?

Man.

Your son saw a "prizes.com" car and they do have a web site. Of course that doesn't mean they are legit. Will you be able to get the cash back from police once it's figured out what is going on? You should get something for all your worries about this. Also, checked prizes.com on snopes and they don't seem to be involved in any scams that they know of.

Why would anyone suspect your address to be a crackhouse ? Something doesn;t add up though. You said the man left the money under the mat, but told your son you had only won $200 but there was $440 ? Yet, no one has been back to your house since then, is that correct ?

Why would anyone suspect your address to be a crackhouse ? Something doesn;t add up though. You said the man left the money under the mat, but told your son you had only won $200 but there was $440 ? Yet, no one has been back to your house since then, is that correct ?

I'm wondering if his son told him that story after he discovered the money. I'm confused on the sequence of events.

On another note, about 5 years ago I was living in an apt off of W. Dallas. When I checked my mail there was a thick envelope addressed to some weird name at my address and apt. number. I know I shouldn't have, but I opened it and inside was a ziploc full of an orange powdery substance and a letter in another language, possibly an African language. This was during the anthrax scare so I kind of freaked. I called the cops and told them they needed to come get it because I wasn't going to take it to them and risk getting pulled over. Of course no one came so I drove it like a dumbass to the post office and said, here u go, do what you want with it.

concur. i'm sure someone is trying to help you.

Possibly. Is this guy the one who lost his job recently?

Kind of a weird amount though don't you think? $440? $400, $450 or $500 makes more sense, but maybe. He said he had something to do this afternoon and hasn't responded to my question about how he knew it was under the mat. He said his kid told him something but he didn't say if that was before or after he discovered the money.

Either way, do you seriously think the cops will give it back to him?

Kind of a weird amount though don't you think? $440? $400, $450 or $500 makes more sense, but maybe. He said he had something to do this afternoon and hasn't responded to my question about how he knew it was under the mat. He said his kid told him something but he didn't say if that was before or after he discovered the money.

yep.

she said her child saw someone put it there.

eventually i think it will be free and clear. but i'll bet whoever put it there is pissed she turned it into the police.

Man.

Maybe it's an adjustment from the toothfairy that was adjusted for inflation for mispaid tooth receivables.

Nothing on the prizes.com web site but sponsored ads. Now running around leaving people a few bucks might be a good way for them to get traffic to click on their ads, but not 440. Your son answered the door while you were in the tub, the guy says you won money and stuffs it under the door mat instead of giving it to your son? Makes no sense.

did it ever occur to anyone that the son stole the money (or something), made up this story about the prizes.com van so he could help out paps? did some one say he was mentally retarded and schizo? you see, regardless of how he got the money he knows paps is in a bind so he did what he thought he had to do to help good ole dad but dad, in his infinite wisdom, has likely begun the process that will lead cops back to his son.

I have a feeling it was a gift to you. I'm not sure what paranoia would have led you to the conclusion that this was somehow a bad thing and to involve the police.

When I was younger, my father fell ill and ended up out of work. It was a REALLY REALLY tough time for us. One night, the door bell rang. I answered the door and there was a tray of cookies, tucked underneath was $4,000 in $100 bills.

People care. I hope the police give the money back to you, but i fear it's probably history.

I have a feeling it was a gift to you. I'm not sure what paranoia would have led you to the conclusion that this was somehow a bad thing and to involve the police.

When I was younger, my father fell ill and ended up out of work. It was a REALLY REALLY tough time for us. One night, the door bell rang. I answered the door and there was a tray of cookies, tucked underneath was $4,000 in $100 bills.

People care. I hope the police give the money back to you, but i fear it's probably history.

UPDATE:

Now my child has changed his story. My son now says that it's a kid known for "doing drugs" and being in about the same mental state that my son is in. My husband kept fishing in conversation - just matter of fact - on Friday afternoon - and that's what he finally told us. Is it true? I don't know. We informed the police, so we'll see. No, it was never under the mat -my son said the boy just handed it to him. My theory? He's recruiting drug runners for whoever recruited him.

Thanks for all the comments. Computer was down all weekend - hubby backed up both (we each had one when we were married (3 years in August - I hope) and de-trashed them, etc. They were slow as molasses - now they are fast!

Thanks for caring.

By the way, I am a SHE, and if they can't find the owner in a specified amount of time (I forget what it is - I'm a Paralegal, and I knew this once) they give it back. But now that we think we know where it came from, they can give it back to this childn's parents, call him in for questioning, etc.

UPDATE:

Now my child has changed his story. My son now says that it's a kid known for "doing drugs" and being in about the same mental state that my son is in. My husband kept fishing in conversation - just matter of fact - on Friday afternoon - and that's what he finally told us. Is it true? I don't know. We informed the police, so we'll see. No, it was never under the mat -my son said the boy just handed it to him. My theory? He's recruiting drug runners for whoever recruited him.

Thanks for all the comments. Computer was down all weekend - hubby backed up both (we each had one when we were married (3 years in August - I hope) and de-trashed them, etc. They were slow as molasses - now they are fast!

Thanks for caring.

By the way, I am a SHE, and if they can't find the owner in a specified amount of time (I forget what it is - I'm a Paralegal, and I knew this once) they give it back. But now that we think we know where it came from, they can give it back to this childn's parents, call him in for questioning, etc.

Pap-Sorry, I assumed you were a guy. Nice to see other women posting on this forum as it is definitely male dominated. Sorry about all of this drama and the problems with your son. I hope everything works out and you actually get to keep the money.

Pap-Sorry, I assumed you were a guy. Nice to see other women posting on this forum as it is definitely male dominated. Sorry about all of this drama and the problems with your son. I hope everything works out and you actually get to keep the money.

Thanks. Me, too!

1st thing I thought of was someone is trying to help you money wise. Your the one that lost your job recently right? Maybe it was a relative, well maybe not they would have left a note. I cant imagine someone dealing drugs in that way though? :blink:

Kind of a McDonalds drive thru dope deal or what? Maybe prank? Is it real money? someone might be doing the Punk'd thing. Kind of cruel joke though. If you call the fuzz they will take and party/pony keg? who knows. Daytripping now. :wacko:

Why would you think drug dealers? Do you live in a questionable neighborhood? I would think it would have been someone that knows your financial situation rather than drug dealers. I doubt they would have left cash (in an envelope no less) under your door mat.

Why would you think drug dealers? Do you live in a questionable neighborhood? I would think it would have been someone that knows your financial situation rather than drug dealers. I doubt they would have left cash (in an envelope no less) under your door mat.

Someone hasn't been doing ALL their reading. :P;)

Archived