Dallas Going Dark at Night?

Sydney has played with this. They did a total blackout one night. I have proposed it for Houston.

It's easy to do the right thing to combat global warming without making it political. Just do the right thing.

BTW, does Dallas really look that glitzy now, or is this picture enhanced? They could tone it down a bit.

0521_lightsout200.jpg

Sydney has played with this. They did a total blackout one night. I have proposed it for Houston.

It's easy to do the right thing to combat global warming without making it political. Just do the right thing.

BTW, does Dallas really look that glitzy now, or is this picture enhanced? They could tone it down a bit.

0521_lightsout200.jpg

Yes, Dallas is that glitzy, even in person. I thought you used to live there? You should know. <_<

Haha. Truer words have never been spoken. I tune out on some of the global warming stuff for my own reasons, but it is sad that we need the issue to do the right thing and make it into an idelogical difference.

0521_lightsout200.jpg

How can someone not like this? I love it! When I was living in Arlington years ago we would all look forward to driving into the big city. This looked like a jewel to us! Kind of like an Emerald City. Of course I loved Bladerunner but still I will continue to worship from afar. I can't wait to take a grand tour of the metropolitan downtown area. Long overdue. :D

Who said they don't like it?

I said it's a bit much. Kinda like too many lights on a Christmas tree. But of course some will say you can never have too many lights on your Christmas tree.

Ole Big Al don't take kindly to wasters.

0521_lightsout200.jpg

How can someone not like this? I love it! When I was living in Arlington years ago we would all look forward to driving into the big city. This looked like a jewel to us! Kind of like an Emerald City. Of course I loved Bladerunner but still I will continue to worship from afar. I can't wait to take a grand tour of the metropolitan downtown area. Long overdue. :D

That ball is just a big much for me. I'm not that big of a fan on the big white x's, either. It looks good, though.

Or all of North Texas? The Dallas-Fort Worth area really feels like a big region. If you are from Fort Worth, you are from Fort Worth. Arlington, the same. Plano, the same. In Houston, if you are from Baytown or League City, you would most likely say "Houston". It feels more city.

Anyway, they will probably have a few cowboy hats and the State of Texas on their. I don't really know what North Texas is know for. Houston's Super Bowl 38 logo represented Houston's space industry, with the stars:

SuperBowlXXXVIII.png

I don't know why this wasn't included in the Houston logo:

20041119_houstonsmog.jpg

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: Now, that was funny as Warren Moon and the Houston oilers blowing a 4 touchdown lead to the Buffalo Bills (of all teams) in the second half of a playoff game.

Refineries aren't so bad. All the most important coastal metros have them. LA has them in Long Beach. SF has them in Richmond, CA. No one said their pretty, but I'd rather have them on the outskirts of town than the never ending acres of that ugly scorched praire that you guys have to deal with right smack in the middle of and in every direction around the plex.

At least when folks came to the Houston superbowl, they never had to see the refineries. They're all away from the action on the east side of town. The freeway from Dallas to Arlington is a boring and ugly 17 mile drive throught the middle of nowhere unless you like scorched prarie and industrial landscapes. That is what the visitors will remember about the Arlington Bowl. Lots of driving, lots of prairie. The superbowl logo for the Arlington superbore should definately include lots of weeds. :lol:

If you want to talk about funny things that happened in this century, lets talk about Romo's inability to hold a ball for a game winning 20 yard field goal. That was priceless. :lol:

It wont be a scorched prairie in January. It'll be an ice skating rink.

From what I can gather, one team is staying in downtown Fort Worth and practicing at TCU. Another team will be in Irving and using the Cowboys' facility to practice. Most events will be held in downtown Dallas near the convention center. The game itself will be held in Arlington which we all know is a hotbed of cultural fun.

Be warned; the national media was harsh about how spread out the Houston venues were and they were all connected by light rail in a 6 mile zone of downtown!

It wont be a scorched prairie in January. It'll be an ice skating rink.

From what I can gather, one team is staying in downtown Fort Worth and practicing at TCU. Another team will be in Irving and using the Cowboys' facility to practice. Most events will be held in downtown Dallas near the convention center. The game itself will be held in Arlington which we all know is a hotbed of cultural fun.

Be warned; the national media was harsh about how spread out the Houston venues were and they were all connected by light rail in a 6 mile zone of downtown!

I can't wait to read the nationwide field day they have with Gloryhole Park.

Or all of North Texas? The Dallas-Fort Worth area really feels like a big region. If you are from Fort Worth, you are from Fort Worth. Arlington, the same. Plano, the same. In Houston, if you are from Baytown or League City, you would most likely say "Houston". It feels more city.

Fort Worth yeah. But that's it. Most outside of Texas does not know where Plano is. The rest associates themselves as just Dallas. Especially the surburbs in Dallas county as well as Plano and the rest of Collin County. And I would say Arlington as well. If you mentioned Arlington to people outside of Texas. They'd think you are referring to the city in Virginia. Not the one in Texas.

Dallas will leave the lights on

City Council fails to support conservation plan

06:14 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 23, 2007

By DAVE LEVINTHAL / The Dallas Morning News

dlevinthal@dallasnews.com

It's lights out on Dallas' lights-out ordinance.

With barely any discussion, City Council members Wednesday acknowledged that there's little support for a proposed law requiring commercial buildings citywide to switch off most of their signage and ornamental lights between 2 a.m. and 6 p.m.

And in doing so, they sent the proposal to the council's Transportation and Environment Committee for further discussion.

"There's no will on the part of this council to turn the lights off," Mayor Laura Miller said.

"The thought behind it was good. There are a lot of things education-wise that we can do to encourage people to turn out lights," Transportation and Environment Committee Chairwoman Linda Koop said.

Archived