Yale Marketplace Retail Center At 3004 Yale St.

mrfootball

On 8/16/2019 at 12:04 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

No I'm looking for a beach right behind the freeway. Just because its an older neighborhood doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. And yeah its on a busy thoroughfare, so what? It being on a busy road doesn't mean it can’t be more presentable. And I'm not complaining here, I'm simply making the case as to why some of these businesses are leaving, chill out. 

The business "left" because WF is taking their space to improve the store's offerings/size.  They have already improved (read increased) offerings all across the store but adding more space will bring them closer to a traditional WF. 

I don't know how often many or any of you shop at this store, but its consistently shopped by neighbors from IH and GO.  We often see the same people in the store and honestly the staff at this store is service levels above any other grocery store in the area.  I'm personally happy to see that they value feedback from the neighborhood and are making changes for the better.    

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, mcook2002 said:

I live in the Garden Oaks Section 1 between yale and shepherd and beg to differ.  There are right now around 5-10 tear downs with Whitestone and Rob Ryan (as examples) building on them in the section with pretty extensive remodeling going on in at least another 5-10 houses.   We are also bordered by Cottonwood and the likes of Shepherd Park Plaza (Pink's, Shepherd Park), and the Aldi is just on the other side of the tracks on the west side which are pretty solid redevelopments in my opinion.  

East of Yale, no real objection to your comment except for the decent commercial warehouse selections and renovations to some of the older ones which are currently on going right on Yale and right next to this development. 

That's good to hear. Historically, that part of GO wasn't getting as much love as the other side of Shepherd in terms of redevelopment.

• The title was changed to Yale Marketplace Developments
  • The title was changed to Yale Marketplace Retail Center At 3004 Yale St.

Archived