Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Howard Huge

Sharon of Tacos a gogo to bring us Retrospect Coffee

39 posts in this topic

Looks like it won't be long before this place opens.

retro.jpg

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

This actually has a thread running on this forum somewhere and I know someone knows where it is.

This is part of the master plan for Axelrad's group to create a synergy in this block along with Luigi's, who has to be the luckiest pizza joint owner in Houston, The Station and HCC.

I think that Monty and Jeff are doing some of the best urban projects in the city. Bravo to them and I look forward to their next edition over on the rail line on Harrisburg. If only we had more innovative young talent, willing to take the chance to develop more of this type of people oriented projects  how much positive  vibes could be produced. Keep up the great work and let the party begin

Edited by bobruss
3 people like this

Innovative young talent? The innovative one is not "young" and the "young" one who funds the investments inherited a boat load of cash from his father who was a very successful attorney lol.

4 hours ago, iah77 said:

Innovative young talent? The innovative one is not "young" and the "young" one who funds the investments inherited a boat load of cash from his father who was a very successful attorney lol.

Whatever works

1 person likes this

In my books 38 is young, and you sound jealous. It takes a lot more than cash to be successful. Sometimes you have to have vision and follow through. I've known trust fund babies who squandered it all, and did nothing of value and are left with nothing to show for all of that inheritance.

On March 20, 2017 at 9:13 AM, iah77 said:

6 people like this

This block has transformed greatly, Axelrad is always crowded and Luigi's is doing great because of it and now this will make it even better.

V6ecGXt.jpg

9 people like this

I wonder how long that house on the block will hold out.

The abandoned funeral home across Almeda can't be long for this world either.

I drove by there last Thursday and it was amazing to see how many people were at Axelrads and Retrospect. The streets across Almeda were packed with cars. This is a much better use of this property than two years ago when it was just all vacant lots.

Again I hope that the Axelrad guys got some percentage of pizza sales from Luigi for their gift of all of the hungry drinking party goers at Axelrad.

He must be printing money and singing "Mama Mia" all the time. What a lucky break.

3 people like this

A ton of UH students live right there and are at Axelrad 3-4 times a week after spending the day by the Montage, Alta Lofts, Circle at Hermann Park, or Amalfi Pools. My daughter's sorority has about 5 young women at each of those complexes. 

1 person likes this

checked out Retrospect over the weekend. Good iced coffee and the crepes were excellent. Still have some kinks to work out (crepes were really slow coming out, not a problem now but if they get bigger crowds they'll need to speed that up). Houston historical figure inspired menu items:

IMG_2245.thumb.JPG.ceed9e6efaaabb42eee3c800a4d334e1.JPG

4 people like this

On 6/12/2017 at 9:17 AM, skwatra said:

checked out Retrospect over the weekend. Good iced coffee and the crepes were excellent. Still have some kinks to work out (crepes were really slow coming out, not a problem now but if they get bigger crowds they'll need to speed that up). Houston historical figure inspired menu items:

IMG_2245.thumb.JPG.ceed9e6efaaabb42eee3c800a4d334e1.JPG

Very cool