Tribute to the largest threads on HAIf

zebra

This thread goes out to the top 10 threds that have gotten the most # of replys. This threed also aknowleges the topic startrs who started those threads. Whjich ones can you dig up? What are the top 20?

1. Universty Line on Richmong thread- started by Redscare

2. Houston Pavilions- started by guess

3. Dalla's Victory Project VS Houston Pavilions/East downtown development- started by scarface 584 posts( so far)

4. New Downtown Park- started by Tejo

5.. Houston VS Dallas Shopping- started by Htownkid

6. Port of Dallas- started by 2112.

7. scary new changes in the earth's eco-system - started by Houstonmacbro - 349 posts

Can you all think of any others? This is just for fun, so please spare me the "Useless thread" speach.

Are you kidding? The only thing that would make this thread better is if someone quoted a classic post from each of these threads. I'd get less than an hour's work done here at the office tomorrow just by reading through all of it.

it's not as hard as u make it sound. Just glance at the post count

This thread goes out to the top 10 threds that have gotten the most # of replys. This threed also aknowleges the topic startrs who started those threads. Whjich ones can you dig up? What are the top 10?

3. New Downtown Park- started by Tejo

4. Houston VS Dallas Shopping- started by Htownkid

5. Port of Dallas- started by 2112.

Uh, All I see is the top 5 :unsure: ???

:P

Dude, I thought it was a top 10. Where's #6-#10? :)

DJ, that is the second time we have done this!

Jinx! :lol:

u AlL TAKE ALL THe fun out. i onLY listd top 5 becuz i was startNIG it off. Other people were supose to Continue listing.

6. scary new changes in the earth's eco-system - started by Houstonmacbro - 349 posts

See I made mine look pretty and functional with reply stats, links, and stuff. . .not ghetto! :P . . . just messing.

Okay, who will get #7.

6. scary new changes in the earth's eco-system - started by Houstonmacbro - 349 posts

See I made mine look pretty and functional with reply stats, links, and stuff. . .not ghetto! :P . . . just messing.

Okay, who will get #7.

thats the sprit! :)

It's like the forum's version of an echo. B)

PUI (Posting Under the Influence).... Actually it gave me an error when I first replied. When I tried again, it posted the message twice. That's what I get for bringing such an obscure thread in to the list.

it's not as hard as u make it sound. Just glance at the post count

You misunderstood my post. I meant that this is far from a useless thread (at least, in terms of its initial goal) and that the only thing that would make it better would be if someone not only found these Top Ten threads but then quoted a real standout post from each of them, like one of Semipro's posts on the Houston Pavillions thread or something like that.

I'll tell you what was a great thread (and long) - when it was leading up to the Super Bowl, and everybody was talking about the preparations downtown. Everyday somebody would see something new downtown, and then they'd hurry to their computer to let everybody else know. Updates were pouring in all day long, and just reading the posts would make you excited and want to go downtown.

The other great epic I remember was the campaign for the Metro Solutions plan. This troll named Houston Jack came to the forum, and for six months was able to hold every member in frenzied debate, not only on light rail, but also gay marriage, biblical truth, etc. He was kind of like AftonAg, only imagine AftonAg just returning from a religious revival... that was Houston Jack.

But the old forum was hacked, and those threads are gone forever.

I'll tell you what was a great thread (and long) - when it was leading up to the Super Bowl, and everybody was talking about the preparations downtown. Everyday somebody would see something new downtown, and then they'd hurry to their computer to let everybody else know. Updates were pouring in all day long, and just reading the posts would make you excited and want to go downtown.

The other great epic I remember was the campaign for the Metro Solutions plan. This troll named Houston Jack came to the forum, and for six months was able to hold every member in frenzied debate, not only on light rail, but also gay marriage, biblical truth, etc. He was kind of like AftonAg, only imagine AftonAg just returning from a religious revival... that was Houston Jack.

But the old forum was hacked, and those threads are gone forever.

Someone more annoying than AftonAg, god forbid :o:P !

LMAO!

Okay, who will get #7.

I am so honored to have a spot. I'd like to thank the Awesome Father ... my mom .. shout out to Biggie Smalls ... oh yeah ...

:blush:

You misunderstood my post. I meant that this is far from a useless thread (at least, in terms of its initial goal) and that the only thing that would make it better would be if someone not only found these Top Ten threads but then quoted a real standout post from each of them, like one of Semipro's posts on the Houston Pavillions thread or something like that.

oh ok sorry.

thanks btw

Okay, who will get #7.

So how can we sort by the numbers of posts, and that way I can fill out 8, 9, and 10?

Here is the complete list, hopefully I did not miss anything, and I linked it baby! :D

1. Universty Line on Richmond- started by Redscare

2600 posts

(
^_^
Interesting, he starts the longest thread and holds the record for the most posts in the forum)

2098 posts

3. Dallas's Victory Project Vs. HPavilions/East dt development- started by scareface

625 posts

4. New Downtown Park- started by Tejo

541 posts

5. River Oaks Theater rumor- started by sachouston

477 posts

(
:o
remarkably, it was his first and only post!)

6. Houston vs. Dallas Shopping- started by Htownkid -

435 posts

7. scary new changes in the earth's eco-system- started by Houstonmacbro

349 posts

8. The Port of Dallas- started by 2112

344 posts

9. Defunct Houston Restaurants, a place to list your favorite now closed restaurant- started by groovehouse

306 posts

10. The "Park Tower", Finger's Building Now Has A Face- started by GovernorAggie

284 posts

Archived