15 hours to Dubai

tcole

No, I believe the NYC service is more than daily now, although some of the flights stop in Hamburg.

Hamburg is a lovely city filled with friendly people ;)

For the 777LR service, has the government relaxed the restrictions on twin engined aircraft that would allow this flight to take a much more direct path?

Hamburg is a lovely city filled with friendly people ;)

For the 777LR service, has the government relaxed the restrictions on twin engined aircraft that would allow this flight to take a much more direct path?

ETOPS is an ICAO rule that permits twin-engined commercial airplanes to fly routes that are farther than a distance of 1 hour flying time from an emergency or diversion airport. however, LROPS may replace this rule which will apply to civillian airliners, not just twin engined.

on a side note, i believe the FAA have recently implemented a new rule for only US registered twin engince aircraft. basically they are allowed to fly over any place in the world, exept the south pole region and certain areas of the north pole.

• 9 months later...
And yes, Emirates has the best in-flight entertainment I've ever experienced. Literally thousands of movies, albums and TV shows on demand.

They also had a channel that showed a camera view below and in the front of the plane. This was neat and I have not seen anyone else have.

I was at IAH yesterday when the inaugural Emirates flight arrived. A friend from San Francisco was passing through so we met to watch it arrive, and have an early dinner at Pappadeaux before both flying out to our work destinations this week.

• 1 month later...
CO is preparing to upgrade their BusinessFirst seating.

you're right, the new BusinessFirst will probably roll out with the delivery of the 788/9's. however, F, J, Y class on EK is still better in my book. now if i could actually afford B/F on CO and/or F/J class on EK i would still go with EK. but then there is the attraction of flying on the 788/9 with CO on this route... :D

you're right, the new BusinessFirst will probably roll out with the delivery of the 788/9's. however, F, J, Y class on EK is still better in my book. now if i could actually afford B/F on CO and/or F/J class on EK i would still go with EK. but then there is the attraction of flying on the 788/9 with CO on this route... :D

Economy on Emirates may not be better. They do manage to pack 10 seats across their 777s in the back, while Continental (and everyone else in the US) only puts 9 seats across back there...

My uncle who works for Continental said they'll be flying to Dubai next year too. He wasn't 100% sure if it would be IAH or Newark though, but he was pretty sure it was gonna be IAH.

unfortunately it wont be next year for DXB service. I wouldnt imagine DXB coming online until 2010....as the 787 will most likely not be in our fleet until the end of '09 or mid '10 :(

Economy on Emirates may not be better. They do manage to pack 10 seats across their 777s in the back, while Continental (and everyone else in the US) only puts 9 seats across back there...

huh...i knew that on there 772/3 that they had 10 across, but i thought that on the 77LR they would have 9 across seeing that they are using these planes on longer routes...

Archived