Mobility Projects Report For The Woodlands

pineda

woodlands parkway overpass at grogan's mill to be more specific. i never oversleep because the noise level goes up after 6:30am.

keep us posted on your findings.

Bach - when I came back to this thread, I realized that we would return to the area mobility discussion in general, so I started a new thread that is specific to this topic. Anyone can picl up on it at any time. Since I have been working on this for several years, I know it will not stop now with our discussions. I have picked up another person near us also wanting to do some measurements. So I will carry on in the other thread. Meantime, this one is good for mobility as it has been for a long time now. I hope to be out there tomorrow.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bach - when I came back to this thread, I realized that we would return to the area mobility discussion in general, so I started a new thread that is specific to this topic. Anyone can picl up on it at any time. Since I have been working on this for several years, I know it will not stop now with our discussions. I have picked up another person near us also wanting to do some measurements. So I will carry on in the other thread. Meantime, this one is good for mobility as it has been for a long time now. I hope to be out there tomorrow.

What will be interesting if you turn this into a long term project with graphs, maps, and times. The thing is to be consistent in all the data you collect, particularly if you want to present this for an argument with TW at some later times.

• 3 weeks later...

Extension of Gosling near Flintridge and widening of Flintridge at the traffic light is now in the construction phase. Lights on Lake Woodlands will be activated any day now. Traffic is being studied on Lake Woodlands for the appropriate speed limit (40 is the expected). Woodlands Parkway was being surveyed this past week for the widening project which includes additional turn lanes as well as an additional lane going each way from Panther Creek to Kuykendahl.

I have been working on some interesting topics lately. This topic I found particularly interesting on the traffic management system of Montgomery County, so I wrote an article on it. It came out of an interview I had with the county commissioner here, Ed Chance and a show and tell presentation by his staff. This system is crucial to mobility in south Montgomery County.

http://www.woodlandscommentary.com/2008/07...signals-in.html

great article. you've answered every single question that has occurred to me about the smart signals. as far as the system not working at night, i'm not so sure. i've pulled up to an intersection where my light just turned red. i was the only car at the intersection. the light immediately turned back to green as i came to a stop. this has occurred several times.

great article. you've answered every single question that has occurred to me about the smart signals. as far as the system not working at night, i'm not so sure. i've pulled up to an intersection where my light just turned red. i was the only car at the intersection. the light immediately turned back to green as i came to a stop. this has occurred several times.

It may have been on "trigger only" mode. No one monitors these lights at night. Let's all watch and see how they act at night. I have never run across this situation before. The rectangular box has its limitations. I wish sometimes it would trigger much further out and not so close to the signal light.

It may have been on "trigger only" mode. No one monitors these lights at night. Let's all watch and see how they act at night. I have never run across this situation before. The rectangular box has its limitations. I wish sometimes it would trigger much further out and not so close to the signal light.

When I leave the woodlands at night, I RARELY have to come to a full stop. Maybe you shouldn't speed, then again, I'm always nervous about deer jumping out in traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

The Woodlands submitted something in the CoH Planning Commission to extend Woodlands Parkway but it was Omitted b/c it's not in the ETJ jurisdiction.

Hopefully it's coming soon. And I wonder if that includes expansion sideways as well? Seems like the stakes are a good indicator.

The Woodlands submitted something in the CoH Planning Commission to extend Woodlands Parkway but it was Omitted b/c it's not in the ETJ jurisdiction.

Hopefully it's coming soon. And I wonder if that includes expansion sideways as well? Seems like the stakes are a good indicator.

There is definitely a plan to widen the road from the east to Kuykendahl. The road has already been surveyed and staked.

I am running a survey, if anyone is interested, on the automation of issuing citations to help move traffic and provide better safety. The survey includes both traffic light and speed violations. The survey will be open for three months. I also have a related article on the subject with pros and cons and am seeking input via comments in the blog or here. I prefer people take the survey who use the roads in The Woodlands or Montgomery County, but have placed no restrictions. I value everyone's input.

Survey WoodlandsCommentary.com

Article Using Cameras for traffic Law Enforcement

• The title was changed to Mobility Projects Report For The Woodlands

Archived